NBC Sports Edge Forums

In a league with these settings which 2 do you want just for the rest of this year

Home Runs Allowed Strikeouts Quality Starts Wins ERA WHIP BAA K/9 K/B SV+H

Jake Odorizzi Domingo German Corey Kluber Kyle Gibson Cristian Javier Patrick Corbin

Edited by greenbaypackers12

This isn't a fantasy related take, but Domingo German is a complete dirt bag who never even tried to apologize or make amends for his domestic violence incident. I personally wouldn't roster him if he was the last pitcher on earth and it's embarrassing that the Yankees didn't cut him. 

That said, it's Javier and Gibson for me. 

16 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

This isn't a fantasy related take, but Domingo German is a complete dirt bag who never even tried to apologize or make amends for his domestic violence incident. I personally wouldn't roster him if he was the last pitcher on earth and it's embarrassing that the Yankees didn't cut him. 

That said, it's Javier and Gibson for me. 

Yeah let's cut him and get nothing for him...sound business decision lol.  Ask the Reds how that worked out wrt Chapman shooting off a gun in his own garage.  German was not charged with anything.  Not defending him, but since when do people lose their livelihood over a domestic incident where no charges were filed? 

As to the question, Javier for sure.  the others probably are not worth it imo.

1 hour ago, secretagentman said:

Yeah let's cut him and get nothing for him...sound business decision lol.  Ask the Reds how that worked out wrt Chapman shooting off a gun in his own garage.  German was not charged with anything.  Not defending him, but since when do people lose their livelihood over a domestic incident where no charges were filed? 

As to the question, Javier for sure.  the others probably are not worth it imo.

The difference (for me) is that he's shown absolutely zero remorse. And based on his social media activity he seems bat sh*t crazy. 

2 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The difference (for me) is that he's shown absolutely zero remorse. And based on his social media activity he seems bat sh*t crazy. 

There is no doubt in my mind he is a major jerk.  You can add on that he hurt his team just before the playoffs in 2019 as well with his stupidity and does not seem to grasp the effect that had on his team mates or Yankee fans.  Regardless, you do not just release a player because he is an a-hole or nuts.  If that were the case, there would be a large number of unemployed baseball stars lol.  Now trading him when you get the chance to get some value to make him someone else's problem...I am fine with that.  As it is, he is overrated anyway imo and the problem may solve itself if he does not pitch well.

Edited by secretagentman