NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Bieber for Tatis? WHIR

12 team mixed keeper.  My pitching is first in wins, Ks, and second in ERA and WHIP.  Staff is Bieber, Glasnow, Lynn, Morton, Castillo, Eovaldi, Eduardo Rodgriguez.  Unfortunately my hitting has been in the garbage.  Voit and Springer have been on the IL, and the only reliable hitters I have had have been Nelson Cruz (when the Twins actually play) and Muncie.  My current SS is Andrus.  The owner with Tatis is in desperate need of pitching and offered Tatis for Bieber.  Truthfully, I think he's afraid Tatis' shoulder injury will plague him all year and is hoping to dump him before he gets shut down again.  Both players will have the same salaries for the next 2 years ($11 and $16).  Should I consider it or should I look for someone with less risk?  Thanks in advance.

I do think Glasnow or Castillo and then another pitcher like Lynn could get him to bite if you think he is trying to dump. Both of these guys are slated for superb years. Not sure if both of those guys together to trade would damage your SP too much but that's an option. If you're really not trying to give Biebs away. I feel like that might be the only one I'd consider outside of Bieber straight up.

If you're getting the career from Tatis, then start the car, and I agree with Rush2112.

If you're only getting this and say one more year, that's a helluva lot trickier. Tatis will be shut down this year at some point, or he will play hurt. In one of my leagues, I've benched him 'til he gets it cooking again. Bieber is arguably the #1 SP now. I assume you're mostly in contention this year with the arms you have. This is the sort of deal that that could push you over the top--but it's more likely you'll end up finishing the year without Tatis and without Bieber. I still would do it to get ahold of the #1 dynasty asset, but I would understand if you didn't.

I have an example for you. Two separate leagues both 12 team standard roto scoring. One league I took Tatis in the first round the other I took Bieber in the first. How do you think these two leagues are going? 

13 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

I’d offer another pitcher or two for Tatis and see if he bites. I wouldn’t give Bieber for damaged goods.

I agree with this. I think Castillo & another SP should help land Tatis Jr. Having Bieber & Glasnow as your top 2 is huge imo. Understand you need hitting, but they desperately need SP. Try to push the topic of you are taking a lot of risk by giving up 2 solid SP for Tatis. GL!

3 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

I agree with this. I think Castillo & another SP should help land Tatis Jr. Having Bieber & Glasnow as your top 2 is huge imo. Understand you need hitting, but they desperately need SP. Try to push the topic of you are taking a lot of risk by giving up 2 solid SP for Tatis. GL!

I don’t think anyone in their right mind trades Tatis for anyone other than an elite player back.

Tatis for Bieber is a great deal for the OP.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

I don’t think anyone in their right mind trades Tatis for anyone other than an elite player back.

I agree with you. Figure it's always worth a chance to start off with a little lower offer (not a low ball one by any means) & see if the other team responds with a yes or comes back & asks for a top player like Bieber & possibly another player. 

5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

You’re right...they won’t sell low. However, no one in their mind would trade Bieber or top tier talent for damaged goods.

Tatis keeper/dynasty owners are in a tough spot. Just have to hope for the best.

Thanks for the replies.  I did manage to respond to you guys that had links in your answers.  Under normal circumstances, I would have jumped at Tatis.  Unfortunately, I keep reading that there is still talk that he might need surgery  at some point this year.  At that point I would not have Bieber or Tatis.  Both Bieber and Tatis have one more year on their contracts, so it wouldn't even be that beneficial to trade for next year.  He then offered me Bregman and Wilson Ramos for Bieber.   My current catcher is Carson Kelly.  Of my pitchers who are not Bieber (Castillo, Glasnow, Lynn, Morton, Eovaldi, and Rodriguez), what would be a legitimate counter without offending him?

As for as why I have Andrus as my SS, 5 of my 9 keepers were Bieber, Glasnow, Castillo, Lynn, Morton.  I also kept Brantley, Voit, M Barnes and N Cruz.  Losing Voit to the IL after our keepers were turned in forced me to spend more for other position players and I left SS until the end.  Stupid decision, obviously.  Right now I have Voit, Springer, Kepler, and Moose on the IL.

I wouldn't trade Bieber for Tatis - but I would offer a package as many have referenced above.  You have a great staff and you should always try to deal from a position of strength.  If they don't bite, then look elsewhere;  maybe try to get Lindor on the cheap?

thanks for help on mine!

• Like 1