NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was sort of hoping Corbin got lit up again tonight so I could just drop him and be done with it. Now I have to keep analyzing him, which I really didn't want to do.

They should convert the Judge’s Chambers to the Boo Birds’ Nest.

8 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Gallen with an 0-2 count on Barnhart and issues a walk.  The dreaded 5 and two thirds for Gallen.  FML.

Followed by the reliever giving up a go ahead homer. Bye bye QS, then add another ER, then bye bye win smh

From the first few innings I saw of Corbin and Waino, they were getting generous high strike calls from the ump and that made all the difference in the world. Corbin really got bailed out in the 1st after a shaky start but settled down after that. He did start to pound the fastball up with confidence and that was encouraging, but I'm still dubious that he won't continue to be a source of frustration. I am glad I started both in my NL only after looking at my 4.95/1.41 ERA/WHIP numbers and figuring how much worse could they be?

Watching Luis Garcia on the mound for the 'Stros now, he looks interesting. Just filling in for McCullers, but he's moving the fastball around the zone well and the hitters are way out in front of his off-speed stuff. Might be a guy to make a note in case there is another injury in that Houston rotation.

AB20 

H4 

R2 

HR1 

RBI2 

AVG.200 

Well, they'll stone ya when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone ya just a-like they said they would
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to go home
Then they'll stone ya when you're there all alone

Edited by weakkneeswilly
28 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

A. J Minter 7 pitches 7 strikes 3 outs. 

Although he's a bit frustrating at times, I think he's the best handcuff to Smith and probably one of the likeliest set-up men to steal the job away this season. Newcomb's Covid-IL stint is ill-timed, and Atlanta doesn't appear settled on who they like as a 5th starter, though they are likelier to go re-sign Cole Hamels before giving Newcomb another shot in the rotation.

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Manaea with the CG shutout. He really does look better, stuff wise, this year.

Not arguing the second point, but I refuse to acknowledge these absurd 7-inning shutouts as legit.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Garrett pitching the 8th and gave up the tying run. Also, no win for Wheeler. 

Antone gave up the homer. Of course he did, he's on my team..

Tarp is coming out now. They really need to establish a more transparent policy about weather conditions and who ultimately calls the game. Having the onus rest on the crew chief is just not fair and makes no sense.