NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dansby Swanson 2021 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly have no idea how I wound up with zero shares of Swanson, I liked him this year and guess that's just how it went in my drafts, as I often waited on Semien at that point (a good decision but I would have been happy with Dansby too). But checking in on Albies just now, Swanson had a monster game 2 HR, 6 RBI game alongside him to push his season line to .262-23 HR-59 R-68 R with 9 steals, a lite version of the production Albies has provided, and as good as his managers could have hoped for. You have to like the fact that despite this terrific year, Swanson isn't likely to jump up too much in fantasy cost; the SS position is so deep and all the guys ranked ahead of him should mostly stay there, despite Dansby having a very fantasy friendly game. 

58 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I honestly have no idea how I wound up with zero shares of Swanson, I liked him this year and guess that's just how it went in my drafts, as I often waited on Semien at that point (a good decision but I would have been happy with Dansby too). But checking in on Albies just now, Swanson had a monster game 2 HR, 6 RBI game alongside him to push his season line to .262-23 HR-59 R-68 R with 9 steals, a lite version of the production Albies has provided, and as good as his managers could have hoped for. You have to like the fact that despite this terrific year, Swanson isn't likely to jump up too much in fantasy cost; the SS position is so deep and all the guys ranked ahead of him should mostly stay there, despite Dansby having a very fantasy friendly game. 

Coming into tonight, Swanson was up to 66th in Yahoos player rankings, but was only the 13th-ranked SS. Lol. Super deep this year. And as of now, the only one who will disappear off that list will be Machado. I wouldn't be surprised to see Swanson take a bit of a leap next year, as well...possibly jumping ahead of guys like Polanco, Crawford, and Taylor. 

I'll be curious to see how much this game jumps him up in the rankings tomorrow morning. 

On 7/6/2021 at 6:50 AM, knifeparty said:

He had a nice month of May and good start to June but has been kinda Bleh of late.  In my 12 team redraft there is nothing remotely good enough on waivers to drop him for but if you can find someone you really want I could see making the move.  Either way I don't think Swanson is going to cost you a fantasy championship regardless of if you keep him or drop him.

Boy was I wrong about him!  I am just thankful after I picked him up off waivers way back that there was nothing really worth dropping him for.  Also Seager going down for most of the season made him even more valuable for my team.  I said that he wasn't gonna cost you a championship if you dropped him but for those that didn't he looks like he may be helping you win one.  

• 1 month later...