• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what the reds get for not leaving in Antone 

Me whenever I look at Buxton's stat line

A look at any recent game day thread will confirm the answer is yes.  Pretty much anything that doesn't violate the code of conduct is allowed in here.  We don't police CSB or BC as long as it's relev

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Scherzer doesn't look to be very sharp today. 

Thankfully he just had to get through Dejong and Carpenter to get out of the 1st

Just now, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Thankfully he just had to get through Dejong and Carpenter to get out of the 1st

Then 2 out of 3 complete losers, including the pitcher, are on base in the 2nd. 45 pitches 

9 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

I wouldn’t count on it. Sorry just saying. 

haha, let's just see how it goes. maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Lets not get into the I told you so way of conversing.

1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Spencer Howard K'd the side touching 98. Why is Matt Moore in the rotation again?

Howard had a 5.92 ERA last season with 3.7 BB/9, and his Spring wasn't very good.  Moore sucks, but Howard hasn't shown he can be a starting pitcher in this league yet.

Just now, tonycpsu said:

Howard had a 5.92 ERA last season with 3.7 BB/9, and his Spring wasn't very good.  Moore sucks, but Howard hasn't shown he can be a starting pitcher in this league yet.

Like Moore has been any better than that in recent memory though? No upside same results.

Give me the guy with some upside at least.

• Like 1
Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

Like Moore has been any better than that in recent memory though? No upside same results.

Give me the guy with some upside at least.

They were trying to do the reclamation project thing without throwing their best prospect to the wolves in a year when they want to contend.  I don't agree with their choices of which reclamation projects to gamble on in Moore and Anderson, but they aren't really in a position where they can just let the kid work through things in meaningful games.

Just now, ty5592 said:

Lamet only gets 2 innings? Thought for sure he’d get 4, maybe 5 if his pitch count  was low enough 

Yeah, concerning. Makes me wonder if his elbow was barking he threw over 70 in a sim game so.....

Hope it isn't injury related.

3 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

They were trying to do the reclamation project thing without throwing their best prospect to the wolves in a year when they want to contend.  I don't agree with their choices of which reclamation projects to gamble on in Moore and Anderson, but they aren't really in a position where they can just let the kid work through things in meaningful games.

Yeah I'd agree with you / the Phillies if the alternative wasn't Matt Moore, haha.

12 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Three ducks on the pond for Rhys.

K’ed on 3 pitches. Dammit

3 BB and 25 K in 74 PA. For a guy whose biggest strength is usually plate discipline, that's awful.

• Like 1