NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, Hanghow said:

Less impressive when you realize that only 6 other teams have played as many games at home as them... they're tied for 15th in wOBA at home. That's not even park adjusted.

They're averaging over 5.5 runs per game at home.  And they're tied for 4th in MLB in home SLG%.

You want to make practice of starting guys @ Coors, go right ahead.  Urquidy would have been an easy sit for me.

• Like 2
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what the reds get for not leaving in Antone 

Me whenever I look at Buxton's stat line

A look at any recent game day thread will confirm the answer is yes.  Pretty much anything that doesn't violate the code of conduct is allowed in here.  We don't police CSB or BC as long as it's relev

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gregp said:

Why did the Tigers pull Fulmer after the 4th?? He just had one semi bad inning, where he just gave up a buncha singles. Breezed through the first 3 innings. Only 60 pitches. 

Actually he shouldn't have pitched 4 innings apparently:

Michael Fulmer gave up three runs in four innings Wednesday to take a loss to the Pirates in the first game of a doubleheader.

Halfway through, it hasn't been a great day for A.J. Hinch. The Tigers manager said before the game that he wanted Fulmer to pitch 2-3 innings today so that he could start on short rest Sunday. However, after Fulmer got through three innings scoreless, he was sent back out for the fourth and gave up three runs then. It was a decision that probably cost the Tigers the game, and it also made it riskier to use Fulmer on Sunday, since his pitch count jumped from 36 to 60.

Apr 21, 2021, 4:51 PM ET

Why was that last run charged to Montas?  Allowed a single to Buxton, but then he ended up scoring on a wild pitch by the reliever.  Is a wild pitch not considered an error?

Also, calling that a wild pitch is awfully kind to the catcher.

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

From the Olson thread:

Since then:

image.png.7a49a0f2c45993afaad0f551458573ab.png

Yeah I saw that lol. I think his AVG was pretty solid prior to his first HR so I wasnt worried.

3 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Or just continue to let Ryan Weathers blossum?

Yeah, kind of annoying that Lamet's farewell tour had to bump Weathers from a nice home matchup against Milwaukee to a 2nd straight start against the Dodgers.

2 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Why was that last run charged to Montas?  Allowed a single to Buxton, but then he ended up scoring on a wild pitch by the reliever.  Is a wild pitch not considered an error?

Also, calling that a wild pitch is awfully kind to the catcher.

A wild pitch is not considered an error, but a passed ball would be.  Even so, if it is deemed he would've scored even without the error (which he would have because of the polanco single) it would still be earned (hypothetically if they said passed ball instead).

Just now, Picard56 said:

According to yahoo! gamechannel, the reds are finally getting their suspended game underway

Switched over to it now, they sent Sims back out to clean up his mess, he made some big pitches to get out of a jam

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Goldschmidt used to be great, right?

I always felt like his batting stance is weird and he's late on a lot of pitches cause of it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

I always felt like his batting stance is weird and he's late on a lot of pitches cause of it.

His batting stance is the same one that would consistently get him .300/30hr/100 rbi for almost a decade.  Father time is why he's late on a lot of pitches.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

His batting stance is the same one that would consistently get him .300/30hr/100 rbi for almost a decade.  Father time is why he's late on a lot of pitches.

Yeah I understand that, I feel like he could maybe change things up again as that batting stance maybe doesn't suit an aging player that is slower.

2 hours ago, meh2 said:

As an owner of Rogers and Yimi I am especially pleased with the outcome of today’s Marlins game.

Agreed!