NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 minutes ago, meh2 said:

As a longtime Royals fan I can confirm. He’s not very good and was due for some serious regression. He’s a 4.50 ERA guy. Perfectly fine 5th starter but not much upside for fantasy.

So his new pitches is the same old meatball ball with different sauce? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what the reds get for not leaving in Antone 

Me whenever I look at Buxton's stat line

A look at any recent game day thread will confirm the answer is yes.  Pretty much anything that doesn't violate the code of conduct is allowed in here.  We don't police CSB or BC as long as it's relev

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

So his new pitches is the same old meatball ball with different sauce? 

Yep. He’s had these moments in the past where his FB velo has ticked up or he makes some changes to his pitch mix and the fantasy community gets really excited then he inevitably turns back into the same pitcher he’s always been.

• Like 1

Can someone fill me in here? What’s the deal with the woos I’m hearing in the background of most games this year? It’s quite possibly the most annoying thing I’ve ever seen or heard in a baseball telecast.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Can someone fill me in here? What’s the deal with the woos I’m hearing in the background of most games this year? It’s quite possibly the most annoying thing I’ve ever seen or heard in a baseball telecast.

Wait, the Rick flair woos? Those have going on for a long time

1 minute ago, pbjfb said:

Wait, the Rick flair woos? Those have going on for a long time

If it has I haven’t noticed it like this year. Maybe it’s more noticeable with the smaller crowds.

At this point if Frazier doesn't stumble while walking into the batter's box and poke out his own eye with the butt of the bat, I consider it a positive

• Like 1
1 minute ago, meh2 said:

If it has I haven’t noticed it like this year. Maybe it’s more noticeable with the smaller crowds.

Yeah, I wanna say I was hearing it quite a bit a couple of years ago but I usually tune into games in the 9th inning when a lot of the crowds have left. It is annoying though and I do wonder how that started.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Antone has the filthiest stuff in the majors lol.  Seriously just watch him pitch it’s unfair 

He’s not even top 5 in “filthiest stuff” 

10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Spencer Turnball had a solid debut, def more of a deep league guy but he has shown plenty of stuff in the past.

The run he did give up was who he was. Two outs BB 1B 1B. Walks have always been his cryptonite. 

Just now, ty5592 said:

Not that I can argue one way or another but this seems like a fun topic, who are your top 5?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Antone has the filthiest stuff in the majors lol.  Seriously just watch him pitch it’s unfair 

I watched him strikeout Kole Calhoun earlier this year, and the look of death that Calhoun gave him after the sequence should have been the top Sportscenter moment. I don't know if it's the filthiest stuff but he definitely is making it look easy right now. 

4 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

^ this is a guy who hasn’t watched antone pitch guarantee

While you were in the process of typing this in accurate statement antone had just pitched another inning and struck out the side 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Luke Jackson warming OMG. Please don’t blow this Anderson W. Come on AJ Minter. 

Spoken like a true former employee of the park.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Let's see top 5

Hader

Bieber

deGrom

Chapman

Ohtani

If I only needed one inning I would take Antone over Bieber and Ohtani, maybe Chapman.  I’ll admit that Hader and Degrom have better stuff 

16 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Anyone else trying to will a 7-out save into existence for Antone?

I could have seen him getting a 9-out save in last night's game before the rain came down, and I'm actually a little surprised he's pitching back-to-back. I know he was used like this last year, but thus far they had tended toward giving him a couple innings and then a few days off. Good to see him out there, bad to see Amir Garrett on the mound in a key situation, ever. Tie ballgame.

• Like 1