Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, trilly said:

Assuming you're not being sarcastic...

https://www.nj.com/betting/online-sports-betting/best-nj-sites.html

NJ's actually pretty liberal in their online sports betting laws. But +400 means for every $100 you risk, you'd make $400 if you win. When the line shows negative, that means that person is the favorite. For example, Fields is favored at -115, so for every $115 at risk, you could win $100.


lol, it’s funny to try and take someone seriously who doesn’t even comprehend betting lines. 
 

you can not bet, that’s fine. Part of understanding the ebb and flow of sports is to understand betting lines and favorites, etc... because the sharpest minds in sports set those lines, so they have a good idea of what they are doing.

 

so someone could have no idea how to place a sports bet or what betting means or is but at the same time has 100% insight into the type of QB Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch would prefer to draft.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He'll disappear into the depths of the internet, like some kind of Cybernetic Ghost or something

What’s funny to me is Lance at 3 is a realistic possibility. The noise of him going at 3 started like a week ago. No one is going to argue with this dude that Lance isn’t going at 3 because it’s

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:


lol, it’s funny to try and take someone seriously who doesn’t even comprehend betting lines. 
 

you can not bet, that’s fine. Part of understanding the ebb and flow of sports is to understand betting lines and favorites, etc... because the sharpest minds in sports set those lines, so they have a good idea of what they are doing.

 

so someone could have no idea how to place a sports bet or what betting means or is but at the same time has 100% insight into the type of QB Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch would prefer to draft.

 

I am a Football guy....not a Betting guy.

I analyze football, I don't gamble.

I understand betting lines....that wasn't my question. I just have never actually physically placed a bet before. I know what -115 and +400 means. I didn't need him to tell me that. I wanted to know the best way to go about actually making a bet.

The line for Trey Lance is what it is because of the lying media. They are intentionally creating speculation with the #3 pick because it gives them something to talk about, something to debate. You have been fooled, but you are not the only one. I will be placing a bet on this, and yes, it is collecting free money.

I will get the last laugh, though. Whoever laughs last, laughs the loudest.

Bottom line, though:

TREY LANCE IS A 100% LOCK TO GO #3 OVERALL TO THE 49ERS.

 

 

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

I will be placing a bet on this, and yes, it is collecting free money.

Share a screenshot showing your bet when done, I'll be happy to come back April 29 for the aftermath.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Played weak competition in college, we all know that is a recipe for disaster in the NFL.

 

not very accurate, looks to scramble too often. Playing against lesser competition can make you look better than you are.

 

he hasn’t played football since January 2019, if he sits all year his rookie year it would be 3 years before he played football.

 

there are safer options when deciding to use such a high draft pick.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Played weak competition in college, we all know that is a recipe for disaster in the NFL.

 

not very accurate, looks to scramble too often. Playing against lesser competition can make you look better than you are.

 

he hasn’t played football since January 2019, if he sits all year his rookie year it would be 3 years before he played football.

 

there are safer options when deciding to use such a high draft pick.


kurt Warner has him as the 5th QB out of the top 5. Said too many inconsistencies still in his game.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:


kurt Warner has him as the 5th QB out of the top 5. Said too many inconsistencies still in his game.

 

You have been fooled, but you are not the only one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kurt Warner

🥰

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

he hasn’t played football since January 2019, if he sits all year his rookie year it would be 3 years before he played football.

Also, he played all of the 2019 season, and had 14 TD on 1100 yds rushing, plus 28 passing TD on 2786 yds in 16 games. Not too shabby.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:


kurt Warner has him as the 5th QB out of the top 5. Said too many inconsistencies still in his game.

 

BTW awesome video. I always enjoy Warner's insights (there is a fantastic video of him discussing plays with Deshaun Watson that is just next level), and he's definitely not the only one to have some doubts about Lance. Lance clearly is a project to me - that doesn't necessarily mean he won't be picked or can't succeed at SF, but I just hope they guide him well, let him sit for a year and coach him to his full potential.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

I mean, imagine NOT realizing that the 49ers traded up specifically for this player in particular.

Trey Lance is the perfect, quintessential QB for Kyle Shanahan's QB-under-center play-action run game.

He's the most raw of any of the top 5 and they are trying to win-now. Trey Lance has only really shown deep ball throws and ability to plow over sub 200 lb LBs. He hasn't shown the ability to make all the throws...

Edited by beotos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

BTW awesome video. I always enjoy Warner's insights (there is a fantastic video of him discussing plays with Deshaun Watson that is just next level), and he's definitely not the only one to have some doubts about Lance. Lance clearly is a project to me - that doesn't necessarily mean he won't be picked or can't succeed at SF, but I just hope they guide him well, let him sit for a year and coach him to his full potential.

Yeah, when Kurt speaks, I listen.

 

trey Lance is very athletic. We know how much the game changed at the nfl level. Like you said if SF takes him hopefully they exercise some patience with his development.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah, when Kurt speaks, I listen.

 

Trey Lance is very athletic. We know how much the game changed at the nfl level. Like you said if SF takes him hopefully they exercise some patience with his development.

Another video from Kurt on Lance, this time on his own channel (which is awesome):

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Played weak competition in college, we all know that is a recipe for disaster in the NFL.

 

not very accurate, looks to scramble too often. Playing against lesser competition can make you look better than you are.

 

he hasn’t played football since January 2019, if he sits all year his rookie year it would be 3 years before he played football.

 

there are safer options when deciding to use such a high draft pick.

This point is absolute BS--always has been

The others are pretty valid though and reasonable concerns even if I may not agree with the conclusion

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

This point is absolute BS--always has been

The others are pretty valid though and reasonable concerns even if I may not agree with the conclusion


that is an interesting opinion. 
 

do you have any evidence to back that up? Because I can find evidence that facing better talent in college can better prepare you for success than going to smaller schools and facing lesser talent, it certainly is a factor, it isn’t the only factor but it is certainly part of the equation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:


that is an interesting opinion. 
 

do you have any evidence to back that up? Because I can find evidence that facing better talent in college can better prepare you for success than going to smaller schools and facing lesser talent, it certainly is a factor, it isn’t the only factor but it is certainly part of the equation. 

 

Carson Wentz;  seems like an accurate example to use here with Lance. 

He's been horrible of late, but prior to injuring himself he was having an MVP caliber season.  And I think his downfall isn't his skill or college competition, but his make-up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

🥰

Also, he played all of the 2019 season, and had 14 TD on 1100 yds rushing, plus 28 passing TD on 2786 yds in 16 games. Not too shabby.

 

 

@DerrickHenrysCleats

Imagine missing the boat this badly on Lance's 2019 college season. You were completely wrong in how you described Lance's college career.

2019 Trey Lance:

42 total TDs (28 passing, 14 rushing)

0 INTs

 

 

Insane.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

 

@DerrickHenrysCleats

Imagine missing the boat this badly on Lance's 2019 college season. You were completely wrong in how you described Lance's college career.

2019 Trey Lance:

42 total TDs (28 passing, 14 rushing)

0 INTs

 

 

Insane.

Imagine being 1000% certain the 49ers are going to pick him when they are known for keeping everything in house and throwing around smokescreens like no other.

Insane.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colorado2013 said:

 

Carson Wentz;  seems like an accurate example to use here with Lance. 

He's been horrible of late, but prior to injuring himself he was having an MVP caliber season.  And I think his downfall isn't his skill or college competition, but his make-up.

 


You did find an example and I congratulate you for that.

 

As I pointed out earlier, playing against weaker competition is not the only factor for success but it is part of the equation. For every small school QB you can name who has had success I can name several from Division i schools who have had more success.

 

Again, not saying that good QBs can’t come from small schools, it happens a good bit but the majority come from Divison I programs with  a decent amount of experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Imagine being 1000% certain the 49ers are going to pick him when they are known for keeping everything in house and throwing around smokescreens like no other.

Insane.

Well yeah...Mac Jones IS the smokescreen, Lance is the actual pick.

 

That's kind of the whole point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

Well yeah...Mac Jones IS the smokescreen, Lance is the actual pick.

 

That's kind of the whole point.

What's the point of a smokescreen, they don't want the Rams to get an extra week to prep for their QB?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

Well yeah...Mac Jones IS the smokescreen, Lance is the actual pick.

 

That's kind of the whole point.

Right because you have some secret knowledge into an organization that is known for keeping everything in house.

Also, there has been nearly as much reports in the last couple days about Lance being connected to the 49ers. You're probably buying into that hype like people are buying into the Mac Jones hype yet here you are acting like you are John Lynch's best friend or some ****.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

What's the point of a smokescreen, they don't want the Rams to get an extra week to prep for their QB?

There isn't any. 49ers haven't thrown up smoke screens because they haven't said anything. It's just been the media passing off speculation as fact.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:


that is an interesting opinion. 
 

do you have any evidence to back that up? Because I can find evidence that facing better talent in college can better prepare you for success than going to smaller schools and facing lesser talent, it certainly is a factor, it isn’t the only factor but it is certainly part of the equation. 

2020: Best QB from the class so far is the guy who was playing Pac 12 talent--of course he also happened to be playing with far less help and talent around him than Tua and Burrow did. Almost like things have to be taken in context

2019: Best QB from the class so far is the guy playing against the worst defensive conference in the P5 on a team that was the most stacked in said conference

2018: Best QB from the class so far is the guy who played in the Mountain West surrounded by a trash supporting cast--other choice would be a guy who played in the red headed stepchild of the P5 in the ACC with a sub par supporting cast

2017: Best QB from the class is a guy who played in the Big 12 when it was at its peak of all offense no defense--also had a subpar supporting cast compared to the teams he played against

2016: Pretty much the one case where competition faced actually seems to have made the best QB--but even then Dak played at Mississippi State--pretty much a bottom tier program in the SEC--and went into conference games with the less talented supporting cast every time

2015: Both QBs from this class busted and both also happened to play against good conferences (the ACC and Pac 12 weren't garbage back then) but on the most stacked team in those conferences by far

2014: Best QB from the class played in the mighty Mountain West

You won't find evidence of just "playing better competition" helping because there is none

A QB who goes to a smaller school plays weaker teams but also has 2 star WRs instead of Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, or Justyn Ross and Tee Higgins. He is protected by a line with maybe one NFL player instead of four.

The ideal QB prospect would tick the box best if they went to a bottom tier P5 school in a top conference like Vandy, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue or Dak at Miss St and punched above their weight by looking good consistently against more talented teams.

No QB in this class comes close to fitting that profile. They all played on teams way more stacked than their competition--Trey Lance against the MVC holds the same weight to me as Lawrence against an ACC that Clemson has dominated for years before he arrived and will continue to dominate for years after he leaves

I guess Kellen Mond would be the closest but he doesn't match the top QBs in other departments

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...