NBC Sports Edge Forums

9 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

I applaud the 49ers for winning the 2021 NFL Draft.

Their trade-up to #3 is genius.

They read the draft board perfectly.

They correctly determined that there are only 3 franchise-altering players in the 2021 Draft.
1) Trevor Lawrence
2) Zach Wilson
3) Trey Lance

End of list.

By trading up to #3, 49ers ensured they got the final franchise-altering player in this draft. They jumped the Falcons at #4 who were set to take Trey Lance (now the Falcons are trying to trade back after losing out on Lance).

Kyle Shanahan (signed thru 2025) and John Lynch (signed thru 2024) both have tremendous job security and this move was for the long term. And by that, I mean they envision Trey Lance leading their team from 2021-2030+. In 2021, Lance will sit behind Jimmy G to soak up the NFL game, and nobody is under any pressure to win in 2021, so this was a very long-term move.

49ers win the 2021 NFL Draft.

What happens when the 49er's draft the true franchise altering QB that has slid under the radar, Kellen Mond?

😎

• Haha 1
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He'll disappear into the depths of the internet, like some kind of Cybernetic Ghost or something

What’s funny to me is Lance at 3 is a realistic possibility. The noise of him going at 3 started like a week ago. No one is going to argue with this dude that Lance isn’t going at 3 because it’s

Posted Images

3 hours ago, colorado2013 said:

What happens when the 49er's draft the true franchise altering QB that has slid under the radar, Kellen Mond?

😎

This will be a legendary smokescreen, just you wait and see

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

I applaud the 49ers for winning the 2021 NFL Draft.

Their trade-up to #3 is genius.

They read the draft board perfectly.

They correctly determined that there are only 3 franchise-altering players in the 2021 Draft.
1) Trevor Lawrence
2) Zach Wilson
3) Trey Lance

End of list.

By trading up to #3, 49ers ensured they got the final franchise-altering player in this draft. They jumped the Falcons at #4 who were set to take Trey Lance (now the Falcons are trying to trade back after losing out on Lance).

Kyle Shanahan (signed thru 2025) and John Lynch (signed thru 2024) both have tremendous job security and this move was for the long term. And by that, I mean they envision Trey Lance leading their team from 2021-2030+. In 2021, Lance will sit behind Jimmy G to soak up the NFL game, and nobody is under any pressure to win in 2021, so this was a very long-term move.

49ers win the 2021 NFL Draft.

Everything you have posted in here is subjective and your opinion (because in reality, no one besides the organization knows), yet you present it as fact and if anyone disagrees, they're wrong. It cracks me up that you speak in such absolute without actually knowing if what you're saying is 100% accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

Everything you have posted in here is subjective and your opinion (because in reality, no one besides the organization knows), yet you present it as fact and if anyone disagrees, they're wrong. It cracks me up that you speak in such absolute without actually knowing if what you're saying is 100% accurate.

What I posted is objective fact, it's reality, and is 100% accurate.

6 more days and the light will come on for you.

• Haha 1
Just now, PisEdiRin said:

What I posted is objective fact, it's reality, and is 100% accurate.

6 more days and the light will come on for you.

The light will come on for me? What are you even talking about? I never even said I disagreed with your OPINION. But that's what it is, an opinion.

Not even close to objective. You crack me up.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

I know. I know for a fact Trey Lance is a pick. End of story. He is the pick.

21 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

So, you never know.

Contradicting yourself, eh? Alternately, John Lynch is spending his time on this forum and is also a Bills/Giants fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, PisEdiRin said:

6 days

You'll see

Since you are part of the SF organization and know everything regarding their draft plans, do you know what their plans are for the rest of the draft and how they hope it unfolds? Hoping you can educate the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Since you are part of the SF organization and know everything regarding their draft plans, do you know what their plans are for the rest of the draft and how they hope it unfolds? Hoping you can educate the rest of us.

What’s funny to me is Lance at 3 is a realistic possibility. The noise of him going at 3 started like a week ago.

No one is going to argue with this dude that Lance isn’t going at 3 because it’s all speculation. It’s just dumb to say it with 100% confidence and then if it happens he will act like he is some prophet.

He doesn’t have anything he’s been saying all his opinions as if their facts ever since he joined this forum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Simms puts Lance at #5 out of 5.

Simms has been incredibly accurate when it comes to QB evaluations.

Simms and Shanahan are buddies. Simms is throwing up this smokescreen to help out his buddy. 

Fooling ya 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What’s funny to me is Lance at 3 is a realistic possibility. The noise of him going at 3 started like a week ago.

No one is going to argue with this dude that Lance isn’t going at 3 because it’s all speculation. It’s just dumb to say it with 100% confidence and then if it happens he will act like he is some prophet.

He doesn’t have anything he’s been saying all his opinions as if their facts ever since he joined this forum. 

What's funny to me is how we (myself 100% included) get sucked in and continually entertain and empower the trolls.  I will be honest, he's made things fun these past couple days as he throws out the same bait and we continue all grab it. 

Fun times on the internet. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

The light will come on for me? What are you even talking about? I never even said I disagreed with your OPINION. But that's what it is, an opinion.

Not even close to objective. You crack me up.

And if he's wrong, he will completely disappear, and we'll never hear from him itt again. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

And if he's wrong, he will completely disappear, and we'll never hear from him itt again. Lol. 

He'll disappear into the depths of the internet, like some kind of Cybernetic Ghost or something

• Haha 7
1 minute ago, smeeze said:

His troll posts have gotten more obvious the longer he's been here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Simms and Shanahan are buddies. Simms is throwing up this smokescreen to help out his buddy. 

Fooling ya 

WHY WOULD HE WANT TO FOOL US???? WHY??????????????

Lawrence at 1? A lock. Wilson at 2? A lock. So who the hell does he have to fool? Furthermore, how does it help him? 

tenor.gif?itemid=10587157

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

His troll posts have gotten more obvious the longer he's been here. 

I'm not trolling. I'm telling the truth. You'll see in 6 days. I have this post saved for the night of April 29th.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Lawrence at 1? A lock. Wilson at 2? A lock. So who the hell does he have to fool? Furthermore, how does it help him? 

Case in point...you are fooled. Smokescreen worked!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Because, Robert Saleh picking #2 with the Jets, who worked under Shanahan, might want to steal Shanahan's guy at the very last minute. After all, the Jets are running the 49ers Offense. Both the Jets and 49ers run the same scheme, which means there's a possibility the Jets might snipe the 49ers guy at #2. The Jets might reconsider and take Lance over Wilson. The 49ers want to make absolutely 1000% sure that doesn't happen.

In 2018, the Jets picking #3 never expected the Browns to pull a shocker and pass on Darnold #1. That might have taught NFL teams a lesson. The Jets expected Darnold-Saquon to go 1-2, and they wanted Baker at #3. But the Browns ruined that plan.

The 49ers simply want to be 1000% sure that nobody knows who they are taking in case the Jets decide to steal their guy, because as you saw in 2018, you just never know. 

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Because, Robert Saleh picking #2 with the Jets, who worked under Shanahan, might want to steal Shanahan's guy at the very last minute. After all, the Jets are running the 49ers Offense. Both the Jets and 49ers run the same scheme, which means there's a possibility the Jets might snipe the 49ers guy at #2. The Jets might reconsider and take Lance over Wilson. The 49ers want to make absolutely 1000% sure that doesn't happen.

In 2018, the Jets picking #3 never expected the Browns to pull a shocker and pass on Darnold #1. That might have taught NFL teams a lesson. The Jets expected Darnold-Saquon to go 1-2, and they wanted Baker at #3. But the Browns ruined that plan.

The 49ers simply want to be 1000% sure that nobody knows who they are taking in case the Jets decide to steal their guy, because as you saw in 2018, you just never know. 

Right. The Jets were 100% all in in Wilson.

Then the Jets found out the 49ers like Lance.

So they went against all their research and decided to now pick Lance. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Right. The Jets were 100% all in in Wilson.

Then the Jets found out the 49ers like Lance.

So they went against all their research and decided to now pick Lance. 

Smokescreen.

• Like 1

Getting away from who the Niners are picking Lance is an intriguing fantasy option in dynasty. His skill set is perfectly designed for QB scoring in fantasy and he will have the advantage of tuning his craft for a year. If he hits he will be a top 5 superflex guy with league winning upside--a Josh Allen/Lamar Jackson type asset

I just am not sure he hits and sticks as a starter--he looks so raw in many of the games I've seen with inconsistent accuracy and mechanics--not to mention how little he is asked to do. But the rushing makes his floor for the games he plays and upside enormous

Even if you prefer Mac in real life (which I honestly might--some of Lance's tape looks horrible) I can’t come up with a justification for taking him over Lance in fantasy as of now

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

Simms correctness on QBs is overstated. 

oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. I was only going by what I researched online over the last couple of weeks over various websites and such and then also found this more detailed breakdown by a poster on Reddit:

Simms tends to get a lot of hate for going against the tide with his quarterback rankings, but he's had pretty good hit rate so far. Plus he never lets other scouts' opinions sway him and his evaluations. Here are his QB prospect rankings:

1) Lamar Jackson 

2) Josh Allen

3) Baker Mayfield

4) Sam Darnold

5) Josh Rosen

1) Kyler Murray

2) Drew Lock

3) Dwayne Haskins

4) Ryan Finley

5) Jarrett Stidham

6) Daniel Jones

7) Clayton Thorson

😎 Will Grier

1) Joe Burrow

2) Justin Herbert

3) Jordan Love

4) Tua Tagovailoa

He didn't make the QB prospect ranking video for the 2017 draft class, but while he was at Bleacher Report he had came out to say that Patrick Mahomes Is 2017 NFL Draft's Most Special QB Talent

I think his track record speaks for itself. He's got a really good eye for QB talents and a team looking for a quarterback in the upcoming draft should really take his opinions under consideration.

🤷‍♂️