NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trey Lance 2021 Outlook

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Panthers 5-11 dumpster fire

Giants 4-12 needle pointing up, top ten roster

Huh? A top 10 roster doesn't go 4-12.

Giants 11-6. Most improved team in the NFL from 2020 to 2021.

Top 10 roster in 2021

Top 5 roster in 2022

Edited by PisEdiRin

2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Gettleman is literally one of the best talent evaluators in football. His track record is proof of that fact. A long-term contract extension is coming his way from the Giants for the excellent, phenomenal job he's done as Giants GM, building up this roster from absolutely nothing.

The Panthers have fallen off a cliff since Gettleman left as GM. With Gettleman, Panthers were Super Bowl contenders. Without Gettleman, they're a dumpster fire. Gettleman's tenure there was the best years of Panthers football. As soon as he leaves - Boom, the Panthers are a disaster.

Gettleman inherited the 32nd ranked roster/situation in football in 2018 with the Giants. 3 years later, Giants now have a Top 10 roster in football, which will be a Top 5 roster in 2022. Gettleman saved and resurrected the NY Giants franchise from rock bottom.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, as usual. Brainwashed by the Anti-Gettleman media, and just flat out clueless. Media sheep, easily manipulated, without a mind of your own, and just flat out wrong.

The complete opposite of what you said, is true.

I’m pretty sure this is Gettlemans burner account at this point 

• Haha 1

Reality sucks for the haters:

The Panthers have fallen off a cliff since Gettleman left as GM. With Gettleman, Panthers were Super Bowl contenders. Without Gettleman, they're a dumpster fire. Gettleman's tenure there was the best years of Panthers football. As soon as he leaves - Boom, the Panthers are a disaster.

Gettleman inherited the 32nd ranked roster/situation in football in 2018 with the Giants. 3 years later, Giants now have a Top 10 roster in football, which will be a Top 5 roster in 2022. Gettleman saved and resurrected the NY Giants franchise from rock bottom.

^^^This is all the 100% truth. It's not debatable.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

What does everybody think Lance's chances are of being the week 1 starter?

100%.

Kyle Shanahan is sitting in his living room scheming up an entirely new offense that he can run with Lance as the guy. He's not just going to throw all of that out the window once the season starts in order to run with the limited, boring, Jimmy G offense. Lance is his first born child, everything they do from here on out will be catered to his play style/ability and helping him achieve success.

55 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

100%.

Kyle Shanahan is sitting in his living room scheming up an entirely new offense that he can run with Lance as the guy. He's not just going to throw all of that out the window once the season starts in order to run with the limited, boring, Jimmy G offense. Lance is his first born child, everything they do from here on out will be catered to his play style/ability and helping him achieve success.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

5 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Panthers 5-11 dumpster fire

Giants 4-12 needle pointing up, top ten roster

This guy's taking it too far but the Giants arrow is objectively pointing up

They have their most talented roster in half a decade with a lot of good young players

That said the Panthers roster is stocked with talent too (defense and receivers mainly) and if Darnold can be even competent I think they will be in the wild card picture--though their defense may be a year away

15 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

This guy's taking it too far but the Giants arrow is objectively pointing up

They have their most talented roster in half a decade with a lot of good young players

That said the Panthers roster is stocked with talent too (defense and receivers mainly) and if Darnold can be even competent I think they will be in the wild card picture--though their defense may be a year away

Most people would agree that the Giants roster is pointing up. The problem is PisEdiRin seems like he wants to get a room with Gettleman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The problem is PisEdiRin

bfe68e3a71307c18fe0c89f8df2396d4.gif

It's unfortunate that there are now a couple  threads (Allen, Giants, Lance) which are now so polarized that they are essentially unreadable. All of these have pros and cons and a good discussion would be interesting, but it's not easy if one person keeps barging in, shouting and monopolizing the discussion.

Best to just ignore such comments, I find.

• Like 4

On 5/14/2021 at 1:31 PM, MingusDew said:

Hard to point down when you're lying on the basement floor.

I mean the Texans were on the basement floor and then they brought out a shovel.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 8:14 AM, P@ckersFan said:

Shanny quoted today, paraphrasing:

“Lance will not be getting 1st Team reps. in Camp; prior to week. Jimmy G. is starter & Rookie QB’s need time, etc. Blah, Blah”

Any “49er Faithful” have insight here? Is Shanny propping up Jimmy G. for show? Is Lance the forgone 2021 Starter after Niners moved up to 3rd spot to Draft him? Thoughts, Camp Beat writers scribe, etc. appreciated!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lambfordinner said:

Shanny quoted today, paraphrasing:

“Lance will not be getting 1st Team reps. in Camp; prior to week. Jimmy G. is starter & Rookie QB’s need time, etc. Blah, Blah”

Any “49er Faithful” have insight here? Is Shanny propping up Jimmy G. for show? Is Lance the forgone 2021 Starter after Niners moved up to 3rd spot to Draft him? Thoughts, Camp Beat writers scribe, etc. appreciated!

I think Jimmy G starts all year barring an injury or a 2019 Wentz disaster. 

If Jimmy G keeps the team around .500 or in the playoff hunt and doesnt throw multiple interceptions in multiple games… he keeps it all year. 

You may see what happened with Alex Smith and Mahomes few years back. 

Edited by CViewPride35
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think that if you're a Lance or a Niners fan, you should be happy they don't.

I think if he gives the best chance of winning then you play him, it's really as simple as that. If you roll with Jimmy then Niners need to be prepared to play him for the entire season or unless they get out of playoff contention which likely won't happen with this roster. The scenario of playing Jimmy until the bye is a bad idea IMO. Niners could easily be 5-0 or 4-1 at that point and taking Jimmy out would likely cause some locker room issues. 

They hype train is real for Lance though and the train has not even left the tracks. So much praise coming out of the Bay for this kid. Fantasy wise he will be gold with his legs and arm. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, P@ckersFan said:

There's not push to rush him in there unless they get a really nice offer for Jimmy G in August.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I think if he gives the best chance of winning then you play him, it's really as simple as that.

I think it's not as simple as that.

You draft Lance to be the QB not this season, but the next 10 seasons - at least that's what you hope. Starting him now might win you games, but hinder his growth.

(Not saying that's necessarily the case; just saying you have to consider that.)

I know I'm old-fashioned, but I believe strongly that with certain QBs, you need to give them room to grow, nurture them, teach them, bring them slowly. Yes, the Mahomes way. I honestly think Lance will benefit from that more than by playing him too early; and I think teams should keep the long term view with their franchise QBs.

I think wayyy too many teams are shortsighted and bring their QBs too early when they're clearly not ready yet.

• Like 3

One practice takes the kid from "ok, they probably can sit him for a while and get away with it.  Jimmy G isn't that far away from the super bowl season, and all his weapons are back" to "Lance is in by week 4 at best"

16 hours ago, BrianM said:

One practice takes the kid from "ok, they probably can sit him for a while and get away with it.  Jimmy G isn't that far away from the super bowl season, and all his weapons are back" to "Lance is in by week 4 at best"

He's starting week one. He cost three first round picks and was taken 3rd overall. There is zero reason to not play him ASAP, he is the future and the future is now.

• Like 1