NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Oshae Brissett 2020-2021 Outlook

Fellow Sabonis/Turner/Bitadze owners where you at? 

Having himself a multi-cat gem as the last large human body center standing in Indiana.  

Started Monday with Goga before he went down, a potential first round playoff lifesaver for the weekend B2B, with Turner out indefinitely, and potentially Goga and/or Sabonis resting one of those games if they play at all.  

A bit concerning he shot less than 40% in college, but perhaps playing 5 in the NBA can help with that.  

Note Pacers only play 3 games next week. 

Edited by Crazycanto

Scooped him up mad quick for my dynasty league.

If you continue to play on ESPN then you only have yourself to blame. Go to Fantrax, ESPN is absolute garbage!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

does sabonis come back next game? what a time for that guy to get hurt, now i dont even if i should use a pick up on a guy that might not even play next game as goga might be back. but yah amazing game by oshae, i was able to start him in one league where i had a move to burn. 

18 minutes ago, QingJames said:

He's on ESPN now - but apparently won't clear ESPN waivers till Friday for some reason. What a joke.

IMO it is fair for a newly rostered player to be on the standard waiver process to allow teams the opportunity to add or make a waiver claim. Not every manager is on fantasy websites 24/7. And if you are, there is life beyond fantasy sports, think of expanding into other hobbies or get outside a bit (make sure to wear a mask and social distance)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

IMO it is fair for a newly rostered player to be on the standard waiver process to allow teams the opportunity to add or make a waiver claim. Not every manager is on fantasy websites 24/7. And if you are, there is life beyond fantasy sports, think of expanding into other hobbies or get outside a bit (make sure to wear a mask and social distance)

Naw ESPN is just an inferior fantasy platform compared to the others

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Yeah, that is fair. I’m in a league with mostly other Raptors fans though, so most of us know this guy.

49 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

What's everyone's thoughts on him for a add this week. Sabonis out, and Goga sounds like he's out as well. Volume could be key with the B2B

I mean sure if you are desperate at this juncture. I’d imagine most already have their playoff plans set barring end of bench swap/stop gap fill in type play. Deep leaguers he has already been rostered. 

Just now, Bugs bunny said:

I mean sure if you are desperate at this juncture. I’d imagine most already have their playoff plans set barring end of bench swap/stop gap fill in type play. Deep leaguers he has already been rostered. 

Yea, I'm on the fence with one last move to make and going over some options - looking for some boards/blocks and a DD if possible. 

He's listed as only 6'7", so not sure how he'll do with Det and Orl this weekend (if Sabonis and Goga are both out)

1 hour ago, jrmintz said:

I thought Goga was questionable? If he plays Oshae will get shifted back to bench.

From what I read he's questionable. Was able to do some light shooting at practice but that's it

1 hour ago, jrmintz said:

I thought Goga was questionable? If he plays Oshae will get shifted back to bench.

Yeah Goga is questionable... that’s what makes adding this dude tough. Unless Goga was ruled out I don’t know if he is even worth the waste of an add.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

Yeah Goga is questionable... that’s what makes adding this dude tough. Unless Goga was ruled out I don’t know if he is even worth the waste of an add.

But do you think Goga will play that many mins even if he's active? Oshae is more of a PF option it seems

50 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

But do you think Goga will play that many mins even if he's active? Oshae is more of a PF option it seems

Yeah I ended up rolling the dice and adding this dude. I’m hoping Goga is ruled out all together, but I do think there is a some scenarios where he would be perfectly fine even if Goga gives it a go. 

We just need to be prepared for the dud and be happy if we get more than that lol. 

• Like 1