Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Higashioka HR #3...top 15 catcher ROS in my opinion.  Sanchez is always dinged up, strikes out too much, horrible at defense.  I see close to a 50/50 time share eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we can all agree the Pads uniforms are fantastic.

Hey! Gleyber Torres got a RBI  

Just now, murraygd13 said:

Higashioka HR #3...top 15 catcher ROS in my opinion.  Sanchez is always dinged up, strikes out too much, horrible at defense.  I see close to a 50/50 time share eventually.

We can only hope.  Knowing the Yankee's they will keep running Sanchez out there with all his supposed potential that hasn't shown since 2017.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Marlins called up a 2B/Ss And super late lineup reveal.  Gut says one of Berti/Chishm/Rojas are injured 

Not just any guy, it's Rafael Devers' lil' bro Jose. I might give him a look in my deep NL only with Dubon playing so awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn Javier just nailed Trout in the elbow with a pitch...He's in pain. Got him right in the pad but he's feeling it. I'm a little nervous here, he's staying in the game though. Gonna watch his next AB carefully, and I really wish they'd just get him out of there in a blowout. Also I'll bet this leads to retaliation and a bench clearing incident in this series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Damn Javier just nailed Trout in the elbow with a pitch...He's in pain. Got him right in the pad but he's feeling it. I'm a little nervous here, he's staying in the game though. Gonna watch his next AB carefully, and I really wish they'd just get him out of there in a blowout. Also I'll bet this leads to retaliation and a bench clearing incident in this series.

Definitely looked like trout leaned into it. It wasn't even that far off the plate. I think he tried to wear it, and it cut back in a little and hit the bottom of the pad...hit the funny bone. Def looked like it hurt, hopefully not a big deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Not just any guy, it's Rafael Devers' lil' bro Jose. I might give him a look in my deep NL only with Dubon playing so awful.

I do believe he is Rafael's cousin, not brother...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

You may be right, I'm just going off the Rotoworld blurb, and they are often inaccurate. 

For sure.

Here are the Klaw and Pipeline write-ups on him:

14. José Devers, SS/3B

"Devers was part of the return for Giancarlo Stanton. The cousin of Red Sox third baseman Rafael is smaller and leaner, with good hand-eye coordination but not much power projection, so he’s most likely a utility infielder but could hit his way to everyday status if he can play up the middle."

"A cousin of Rafael Devers, Jose signed with the Yankees for $250,000 out of the Dominican Republic in 2016. Since joining the Marlins a year later along with Starlin Castro and Jorge Guzman in the Giancarlo Stanton trade, he has advanced quickly, playing in high Class A and the Arizona Fall League as a 19-year-old in 2019. He showed improved exit velocities and arm strength at Miami's alternate site last summer. 

Devers has the best bat-to-ball skills among Marlins prospects and has had no trouble handling much more experienced pitchers throughout his career. He needs to be more selective because he makes contact so easily that it cuts into his walk totals, reducing his ability to get on base and utilitze his plus speed. Power won't ever be a big part of his game because he's slender and has a relatively flat left-handed stroke, but he has added some strength and hit the ball harder than ever at the alt site, leading club officials to believe he might produce 12-15 homers per season."

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

F U Cobb. Back to the gutters you go.

(Actually yahoo now wont allow you to drop someone in your lineup until tmw hahaha)

Not if he was in your lineup.  Of course not. People would be double dipping with west coast players every day if that could happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad Javier got one more inning.  Almost thought they’d pull him with 86 through 4 innings.  Sucks I won’t get the quality start, but loving it for my ratios.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Marlins called up a 2B/Ss And super late lineup reveal.  Gut says one of Berti/Chishm/Rojas are injured 

I hope it’s not jazz

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Glad Javier got one more inning.  Almost thought they’d pull him with 86 through 4 innings.  Sucks I won’t get the quality start, but loving it for my ratios.  

Nifty stop up the middle from Diaz helped out. He must have stretched good before the game, he did a slide into 2nd base that ended in a total split that I thought for sure would be a hammy strain...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

I hope it’s not jazz

Already been stated that it’s Anderson.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Javier's at 90+ pitches with no one out in the 5th and a runner on, let's root for a double play to get him this W...

Javier just ended trouts night with a HBP screw him

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not if he was in your lineup.  Of course not. People would be double dipping with west coast players every day if that could happen.

 

Back in the day, Yahoo roster moves would be reflected in the lineup the next day, not same day. So it was impossible to pick up a player last minute to play for today, but the flip side is you could drop someone even if they started you today. That made rage drop very doable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...