NBC Sports Edge Forums

in talks with the Anderson owner who has interest in Musgrove..I am looking for runs and some speed, my team and league settings are below..if this were offered, would you take it if you were me?

12 team - 6x6 roto (ops and k/9)....had bieber as keepe (10th round) and brandon lowe (19th round)

very deep 29 man roster league...4 OF - 2 UT - CI - MI......................1950 max innings pitched - redraft

c = Wilson contreras 

1b = freeman

2b = Brandon lowe

ss = swanson

3b = devers

ci = Jesus Aguilar 

mi = miguel rojas 

of = castellanos,  pollack,  grichuk, Dylan Moore 

ut = Freddy galvis  ,  phillip evans

bench = jon berti ,  Kyle Seager,  brad Miller                           IL= springer,  yelich,  moustakas, segura

sp = beiber,  greinke,  wheeler,  musgrove,  montas,  manaea,  eovaldi,  Descalfani 

bullpen = iglesias,  kimbrel,  cesar Valdez,  Lou trivino, Kendall Graveman

It’s a fair trade, but you’re putting a lot of faith in the guys in the back end of your rotation continuing to be startable. For what it’s worth I would prefer to trade Greinke or Wheeler over Musgrove.

3 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

It’s a fair trade, but you’re putting a lot of faith in the guys in the back end of your rotation continuing to be startable. For what it’s worth I would prefer to trade Greinke or Wheeler over Musgrove.

I would also, just not sure if either of them get it done

It's fair but your offense is stacked I might see if you could move one of your closers for some cheap speed. For example Kimbrel for Laureano. Or something along those lines. I think you could get some of what Anderson adds without giving up a major arm.

Just now, mudrummer said:

It's fair but your offense is stacked I might see if you could move one of your closers for some cheap speed. For example Kimbrel for Laureano. Or something along those lines. I think you could get some of what Anderson adds without giving up a major arm.

Yes, I really do like my offense (if/when I get those guys off the IL)..lol

i am currently last in steals and as bad as Dylan Moore has been I am not sure I will improve in that catagory, especially since yelich having the back issue I don’t see him running as much once he comes back, and I was counting on some steals from him when I drafted him

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

in talks with the Anderson owner who has interest in Musgrove..I am looking for runs and some speed, my team and league settings are below..if this were offered, would you take it if you were me?

12 team - 6x6 roto (ops and k/9)....had bieber as keepe (10th round) and brandon lowe (19th round)

very deep 29 man roster league...4 OF - 2 UT - CI - MI......................1950 max innings pitched - redraft

c = Wilson contreras 

1b = freeman

2b = Brandon lowe

ss = swanson

3b = devers

ci = Jesus Aguilar 

mi = miguel rojas 

of = castellanos,  pollack,  grichuk, Dylan Moore 

ut = Freddy galvis  ,  phillip evans

bench = jon berti ,  Kyle Seager,  brad Miller                           IL= springer,  yelich,  moustakas, segura

sp = beiber,  greinke,  wheeler,  musgrove,  montas,  manaea,  eovaldi,  Descalfani 

bullpen = iglesias,  kimbrel,  cesar Valdez,  Lou trivino, Kendall Graveman

This is a GREAT opportunity to sell high on Musgrove.  It's highly probable that Musgrove has a very good season - what you are getting, however....is a top 7-9 SS.  

Thank you for help on mine!

2 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

This by far.

1 minute ago, Strikeforce316 said:

without even reaching reading your pitching staff, I already made my mind up as YES, you need Anderson.

Looking at your avatar, my guess is you would have said it was ok to trade Bieber for Anderson..lol

I would definitely do this trade if I were you.  Tim Anderson would be your best SS even when your team is 100% healthy while Musgrove is arguably your 4th best SP.  There's a reason why Anderson gets drafted in rounds 3-4 while Musgrove goes in rounds 5-6.  FWIW, I never been a big fan of either player no matter how well they play & never had either on my fantasy team.  Ironically I'm trying to trade for middle infielder that contributes in almost all 7 categories & it's safe to say that Anderson fits that profile.  This could be Musgrove's break out season but this is the 3rd year in a row where Anderson is putting up top middle infielder fantasy numbers.  That said, I rather roll the dice on Anderson over Musgrove for the rest of this season as Anderson is the safer play.

Thanks for the help with mine!!