NBC Sports Edge Forums

The best all around 3 down RB in the country will be getting drafted soon. Lots of buzz about going in the 1st round.

will Miami land Jamar Chase and Najee Harris? Or Smitty and Harris? Or Pitts and Harris?

interesting thought.

***WARNING*** DISCLAIMER 

this is a highlight video, it is meant to display the subject in the best possible light. As @Boudewijnhas pointed out this video will not be showing his missed pass blocking assignments or when he hits the wrong hole for a loss of yards it is merely for the viewers enjoyment to see what Najee has done in college but is in no way indicative of what he will do and or be in the NFL.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K197040's Dog 2021 Outlook

Easy guy to root for  

Posted Images

Like in redraft. Not so in dynasty

He has a very refined skillset that will fit in many different systems and is still my number 1 RB in the class.

The issue is that this RB class sucks and any of the top RBs may not have even cracked the top 5 last year (hence why Etienne and Najee came back to school instead of compete with JT, Swift and co) with his athleticism and back loaded production profile (compared to guys who dominated early and often)

But my bigger issue for dynasty is him being 23 and the fast that as a garbage team (which you are if you're picking top 3) he will be past his age apex as an RB by the time you are contending.

Very good RB who should have a safe floor, is worth a top half of the 2nd round pick in the real NFL draft and is solid regardless of landing spot but I wouldn't recommend dynasty shares unless Chase is off the board and you're in a rare position that you have a high first rookie pick but a team that should contend next year

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would love if Steelers made the move for him,  it would solidify our backfield nicely. Someone is going going benefit and I'd love it to be Steelers as I'm pretty disheartened by the whole team right now,  worse than ever tbh. No one player is going to fix this team right now but Harris would be a great start. But they didn't bring Ben back to not win, so with losing conner I hope that means they're going to shoot for a real RB as we've had nothing but bums and losers made of glass the last few years .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

Would love if Steelers made the move for him,  it would solidify our backfield nicely. Someone is going going benefit and I'd love it to be Steelers as I'm pretty disheartened by the whole team right now,  worse than ever tbh. No one player is going to fix this team right now but Harris would be a great start. But they didn't bring Ben back to not win, so with losing conner I hope that means they're going to shoot for a real RB as we've had nothing but bums and losers made of glass the last few years .

while the steelers need OL help (ideally someone who can play center and/or guard), i'd suggest there's a good chance they go najee harris round one (if he's still there at 1.24). no need to be nostradamus here with the offloading of james conner + an aging QB. that said, if one of the top five QBs fall in the draft, steelers might call an audible come draft day.

but also, don't despair! this is a solid team with a lot of talent. first, at the top, there will no talk of kicking the coach to the curb after a loss or two. like him or not, mike tomlin is secured. for my two cents, i like tomlin for rebuilding the team yet at the same time striving for the playoffs. i don't agree with everything he's done, but he's not adam gase or anything. at QB, if big ben's health holds, he has a ton of great hands to throw to. if his health does not hold, i pray mason rudolph is NOT on the field. i liked haskins enough in college but he's clearly not NFL ready. i like joshua dobbs here, and the steelers liked him enough to bring him back from jacksonville after they saw mason rudolph in action (inaction?). (there is always a team stupid enough to trade a pick for rudolph... my money is on the texans.) dobbs' arm is decent enough to fill in, and his legs are above average: between a quality receiving corps, a decent TE in ebron, and a quick-footed QB----and of course a high-caliber defense----i see the steelers as a playoff-quality team should big ben falter. a healthy devin bush will be a difference maker.

after some lackluster games last season, it might seem like the steelers are moving in the wrong direction. stay strong. and hope najee joins this week (if the dolphins don't snipe him 8 picks earlier).

21 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Very good RB who should have a safe floor, is worth a top half of the 2nd round pick in the real NFL draft and is solid regardless of landing spot but I wouldn't recommend dynasty shares unless Chase is off the board and you're in a rare position that you have a high first rookie pick but a team that should contend next year

i think we'll see najee harris go late-first, this based on some needy teams and their draft positions. both miami and/or pittsburgh may decide to go OL in round 2 instead of round 1, and there is decent OL depth in this year's draft. the jets also have a late round 1 pick, though it's more the jets style to sign free agent frank gore to a 3-year contract.

MasculineAnyAntipodesgreenparakeet-size_

• Like 1

Heres the thing...this is a constant topic here in the burgh...I think Tomlin is a great coach however I don't think Tomlin is the coach we need. See to me 3 playoff games in 10 years with most ending is pure disaster is just really getting old. Tomlin is a great regular season coach but I'm just ready for a change. I'd rather have some seasons be a wash so that we can actually land some top first round prospects, but Tomlin will fight tooth and nail and it all ends in mediocre seasons that are winning just enough and net us no rewards in the following draft. 

Im just not as optimistic about the current team at all. Juju to me, is a clown and cares more about branding Than being a leader in that locker room, and he's not even that good ...he's a back end WR2 at best so I wanted him gone. Claypool is talented but I believe the same as juju he will be hindered by tryin to be a clown more than anything, or kicking guys in the head when not playing foootball...so count me out on Claypool.  Dionte is the WR that has the most potential but he isn't a wr1, he needs a big gun to assist him. Washington same deal. 

Our QBs are to me aren't prospects, they're fine to maybe sub in a few games but Rudolph, Dobbs, haskins...I just think is such a lineup of losers and mediocrity it's quite sad. 

Our defense was looking great until we just gutted a good portion of it. Our RB situation is to me fairly laughable, worst in the league last year and unless we get Harris or Etienne that isn't going to change imp

Ebron is another has been, nobody, that just never took his game over the top nor can hardly stay healthy .

Tomlin had AB, Ben and Bell in their primes and we still won "nada" with them, not a thing.

So I just as a person that lives here , I'm ready to roll the dice. Ben, Tomlin and Colbert just hasn't gotten it done imo but it doesn't mean Tomlin isn't a good coach, I just think he needs a new start and Steelers need a new start as well. 

And what sucks is all these seasons sure we hang in there and we're always sort of a team that doesn't die, but it led to nothing, it always keeps us far away from good and high draft picks so we do nothing but spin our wheels. Our records are deceiving,  like we aren't the 11 and 0 steelers,  we are the 1-5 steelers....we aren't good and yet we're still in the back half of the first round. 

That's where I'm at, i like to win and when we have gotten absolutely DESTROYED by Jags and browns in playoffs it's time for a monumental change up.  

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

@DerrickHenrysCleatswhat odds do you give it that Steelers would get Harris? Do you think Miami is going to take him?

If I were to guess I’d think it’s about 70% that Pitt gets Najee. 

although it is a cool narrative to rejoin Najee with his old college QB I think that would be more of a luxury than a necessity for Miami. There is some appeal there with the familiarity but Miami would have to take him at 18 and I don’t think Miami prioritizes the RB position that much. I do see a scenario where a QB drops to 6 and Miami moves back, say with Denver and collects more picks, then I think they could splurge on Najee at 18.  As it stands I think Miami will take Pitts, Chase, or Sewell and depending on who they get could go OL or WR at 18.

you know more about the Steelers and their needs than I do but just from my perspective they got rid of Conner and refused to resign him, they only signed Ballage, I think it’s obvious they are drafting a RB, if they use their first round pick on a RB I do think Najee will be there for them. For many teams a RB in the 1st round doesn’t make a lot of sense but for Pittsburgh it might. They obviously have closer to a win now team and RB has been such a weakness for them that I do think they splurge this year to get Najee.

18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If I were to guess I’d think it’s about 70% that Pitt gets Najee. 

although it is a cool narrative to rejoin Najee with his old college QB I think that would be more of a luxury than a necessity for Miami. There is some appeal there with the familiarity but Miami would have to take him at 18 and I don’t think Miami prioritizes the RB position that much. I do see a scenario where a QB drops to 6 and Miami moves back, say with Denver and collects more picks, then I think they could splurge on Najee at 18.  As it stands I think Miami will take Pitts, Chase, or Sewell and depending on who they get could go OL or WR at 18.

you know more about the Steelers and their needs than I do but just from my perspective they got rid of Conner and refused to resign him, they only signed Ballage, I think it’s obvious they are drafting a RB, if they use their first round pick on a RB I do think Najee will be there for them. For many teams a RB in the 1st round doesn’t make a lot of sense but for Pittsburgh it might. They obviously have closer to a win now team and RB has been such a weakness for them that I do think they splurge this year to get Najee.

Yea I just always find my heart gets broken every year in drafts,  like last year I wanted us to get Taylor so bad but Dobbins was the next man up i felt and they passed.  

I agree them letting Conner go is significant however it's just man, 24 seems so deep in round 1 but I'd like to think they will prioritize rb and it makes sense ,it's just I gotta say steelers drafts are never home runs and that's why I'm worried.

Yea thats why I think with them bringing Ben back they want the chance for now, so an rb makes more sense. But I gotta tell ya man our 11-0 was so flukey last year, this team has a ton of issues and even tho they believe they're that 11 win team, I just dont think they are. I want this team to get more leaders, guys who want to craft their skills first and have fun later , I tire so badly of the antics we see with these guys anymore.  

But yea, we will see soon. I hope Steelers can lock down Etienne if rhey somehow don't get Harris.

• Like 1
On 4/25/2021 at 12:52 PM, Savatage79 said:

But yea, we will see soon. I hope Steelers can lock down Etienne if rhey somehow don't get Harris.

Why do Steelers need to draft an RB if they can just throw 2 yard slants and screens 40 times a game?

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Why do Steelers need to draft an RB if they can just throw 2 yard slants and screens 40 times a game?

Well,  at least then they could throw screens 40 times a game to someone that isn't a dumpster fire with legs.

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

Well,  at least then they could throw screens 40 times a game to someone that isn't a dumpster fire with legs.

Nah it’s more entertaining when they bounce off Diontae Johnson’s hands 

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Nah it’s more entertaining when they bounce off Diontae Johnson’s hands 

Even better is when he's benched 😄 if you can't tell, I love this team right now

Just now, Savatage79 said:

Even better is when he's benched 😄 if you can't tell, I love this team right now

Eh there’s worse things in sports. Imagine being a Mariners fan...

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Ah... the Mariners. I'm sure you love this series:

Haven’t seen that vid but yeah they remind me of the Lions tbh.

You get Ichiro, you get Griffey, and you get A-ROD (f--- A-ROD) yet manage to be the laughing stock of the league. It’s like how the Lions had arguably the GOAT RB and GOAT WR (from a talent standpoint) yet never did anything. Some all time legends passing through the organizations and nothing. At least Seattle has one good season and Lions have 1991? 

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You get Ichiro, you get Griffey, and you get A-ROD (f--- A-ROD) yet manage to be the laughing stock of the league. It’s like how the Lions had arguably the GOAT RB and GOAT WR (from a talent standpoint) yet never did anything. Some all time legends passing through the organizations and nothing. At least Seattle has one good season and Lions have 1991? 

The series is awesome; it's a 6 part series, and I think part 4 is about the 2001 season. part 5 is about the 2001 season. As a casual baseball fan and admirer of slow trainwrecks, it's a fantastic youtube series. It almost made me a Mariners fan.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I'd put Ben, AB and Bell in that boat, although Bell isn't no goat but at the time he was definitely rolling hard and combined the 3 did jack. I think all 3 actually played once for barely a full game in post season

8 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The series is awesome; it's a 6 part series, and I think part 4 is about the 2001 season. part 5 is about the 2001 season. As a casual baseball fan and admirer of slow trainwrecks, it's a fantastic youtube series. It almost made me a Mariners fan.

I enjoyed that series quite a bit.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I'd put Ben, AB and Bell in that boat, although Bell isn't no goat but at the time he was definitely rolling hard and combined the 3 did jack. I think all 3 actually played once for barely a full game in post season

Nah man Steelers at least made noise.  Pretty much every year they had double digit wins and made the playoffs as well as an AFCC appearance. Of course they may have underperformed but it's not comparable to the Lions and Mariners.

The Mariners are even more pathetic than the Lions. The Big Ben/Bell/Brown era (which was like 4-5 years) had as much playoff appearances as the Mariners have in their 40+ year history. So again, maybe underachieved but not really comparable.

Unless of course you are comparing it directly to that specific Mariners team which makes more sense but A-ROD, Ichiro, and Griffey were never on the same team. The 2001 team actually only had Ichiro. Griffey was 89-99, A-ROD 94-00, and Ichiro 01-11 & 18-19. Considering Griffey and A-ROD were there together one can argue they underperformed but you also have to consider A-ROD was a ******** piece of ****.

18 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Nah man Steelers at least made noise.  Pretty much every year they had double digit wins and made the playoffs as well as an AFCC appearance. Of course they may have underperformed but it's not comparable to the Lions and Mariners.

The Mariners are even more pathetic than the Lions. The Big Ben/Bell/Brown era (which was like 4-5 years) had as much playoff appearances as the Mariners have in their 40+ year history. So again, maybe underachieved but not really comparable.

Unless of course you are comparing it directly to that specific Mariners team which makes more sense but A-ROD, Ichiro, and Griffey were never on the same team. The 2001 team actually only had Ichiro. Griffey was 89-99, A-ROD 94-00, and Ichiro 01-11 & 18-19. Considering Griffey and A-ROD were there together one can argue they underperformed but you also have to consider A-ROD was a ******** piece of ****.

Oh I agree, not saying Steelers are anything like those other teams but it was lame how we won nothing with our big guns, it would've been like Pens not getting any cups in the Crosby Malkin era, ya know?

At the time of those years it was great us putting up big numbers , being in the mix but after looking back now 10 years it's met with alot of disappointment,  I think one ring would've been doable and nice to see with the three Bs.

But that's why I'm bumming because we don't have even a fantasy juggernaut type setup at the moment and that's what I hope can change in the next few years 

9 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Oh I agree, not saying Steelers are anything like those other teams but it was lame how we won nothing with our big guns, it would've been like Pens not getting any cups in the Crosby Malkin era, ya know?

At the time of those years it was great us putting up big numbers , being in the mix but after looking back now 10 years it's met with alot of disappointment,  I think one ring would've been doable and nice to see with the three Bs.

But that's why I'm bumming because we don't have even a fantasy juggernaut type setup at the moment and that's what I hope can change in the next few years 

Eh Steelers had a chance and made the AFCC but you also have to take into account that they were pretty big underdogs and then managed to lose Bell that game.

I think 2017 was the biggest choke with that team though. Patriots were not as dominant and the Steelers were 13-3 but allowed Bortles to drop 45 on them.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports most people he has spoken with believe Pittsburgh will take RB Najee Harris with the No. 24 pick in the draft.

A lot can happen in the first 23 picks but this pairing is becoming increasingly popular in mock drafts. Pittsburgh's ground game was completely inactive last year. They managed just 82.5 rushing yards per game, last in the league by a considerable margin. The team let RB James Conner walk in free agency and has yet to make any effort to replace him. A struggling offensive line didn't help Conner last year but all signs point to the Steelers seeing running back as one of their biggest holes. Harris, a big-bodied back with surprisingly smooth hands, could be seen as their long-awaited replacement to Le'Veon Bell.

Apr 27, 2021, 1:49 PM ET
On 4/23/2021 at 8:57 PM, mocha4313 said:

Like in redraft. Not so in dynasty

He has a very refined skillset that will fit in many different systems and is still my number 1 RB in the class.

The issue is that this RB class sucks and any of the top RBs may not have even cracked the top 5 last year (hence why Etienne and Najee came back to school instead of compete with JT, Swift and co) with his athleticism and back loaded production profile (compared to guys who dominated early and often)

But my bigger issue for dynasty is him being 23 and the fast that as a garbage team (which you are if you're picking top 3) he will be past his age apex as an RB by the time you are contending.

For me, Harris is better than any of the RBs drafted and would have been the first RB taken. He’s a legit three-down back, and is a better RB for me than CEH, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, etc.

As far as dynasty, I don’t get the concern. 

59 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

For me, Harris is better than any of the RBs drafted and would have been the first RB taken. He’s a legit three-down back, and is a better RB for me than CEH, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, etc.

As far as dynasty, I don’t get the concern. 

His age alone disqualifies him from that distinction

And regardless we know he wouldn't have been the first RB taken--hence why he chose to return at a position where every year is crucial rather than compete with last year's class. Saban even tells his guys to go to the NFL if they get a 1st or 2nd round grade--Najee likely got a 3rd round one. I can hear an argument for him over some of those but over Taylor and especially Swift (particularly on the grounds of being a 3 down back)--there is none

Those guys came in as freshmen and produced (and in Taylor's case dominated--which Swift did as a sophomore) to an extent that Najee was unable to do until he was a 22 and 23 year old running behind the best OL in college football against 19 and 20 year olds

They were also in a different dimension as athletes and not plodding to what would have likely been a 4.6 40 time (or sitting out their pro day knowing that athleticism wasn't going to help their stock)

If a rebuilding dynasty team he will be 26 by the time you are ready to compete with a year or two left to help your window. That's my issue with him in dynasty

I like him as a person and player and think he is the best in the class--it's just an extremely weak class

• Like 1