Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Najee Harris 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Steelers league worst offensive line just lost one of its better players. DeCastro released today. This offensive line is going to be a hot mess and I wouldn't draft Harris with one or YOUR draft picks to be on my team.

Between the "portly" 68 year old qb with a rebuilt arm and a career of taking big hits behind him, his backup that has shown repeatedly that he sucks, the bottom 5 run blocking, and the head coach who decided to just throw it 85% of the time at the end of last season,  paying what it's going to take to grab Harris in a redraft just makes no sense. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Conner in Arizona put up similar or better stats to whatever Harris does this season. I mean--I wouldn't be surprised to see Conner miss 9 games either but....you know. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Steelers had the worst (32nd out of 32) RB in the league last year, and they will almost certainly be markedly worse this year. Have fun with Harris fellas. This looks like a disaster.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to read the whole thread to finally see something substantial about the OL. I don't quite understand the hype train, beside Harris, how did that offense improve from last year? If they had OL replacement already waiting in the wing, I could understand the leap of faith, but adding that many bodies doesn't scream optimism. High volume to come but low quality looks. I don't expect him to shed NFL defenders like he did with NCAA's ones, at least not in year 1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, yossarian said:

"Steelers league worst offensive line just lost one of its better players. DeCastro released today. ...  the bottom 5 run blocking, and the head coach who decided to just throw it 85% of the time at the end of last season..."

"preciate the timely news post. In their release they don't depict DeCastro as one of better players at his position. They say he was that player during his time there. Teams don't just release one of their better players, only to use the same money to go find his replacement. You're assuming the cheaper replacement will be a lesser player. Looks more like a matter of injury, performance & price. 

This team was one short of leading the league in dropped passes. Could be wrong and with stuff like this, way wrong, but I think there's a split inside their building & the QB is a big part of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another dagger in the Harris hype train. I'm not sure what he can create if he's constantly getting hit behind the LOS. Currently going around RB13, I like the guys from the 2020 class way more. Hell, give me Carson and Montgomery over Najee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, buckeye1982 said:

Another dagger in the Harris hype train. I'm not sure what he can create if he's constantly getting hit behind the LOS. Currently going around RB13, I like the guys from the 2020 class way more. Hell, give me Carson and Montgomery over Najee.

I'm dying over here at all the people coming to the conclusion I was arguing for from the beginning of this thread. As if the retirement of Decastro moved the needle this much. This situation has been dog doo since the Steelers drafted Harris. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

Steelers league worst offensive line just lost one of its better players. DeCastro released today. This offensive line is going to be a hot mess and I wouldn't draft Harris with one or YOUR draft picks to be on my team.

Between the "portly" 68 year old qb with a rebuilt arm and a career of taking big hits behind him, his backup that has shown repeatedly that he sucks, the bottom 5 run blocking, and the head coach who decided to just throw it 85% of the time at the end of last season,  paying what it's going to take to grab Harris in a redraft just makes no sense. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Conner in Arizona put up similar or better stats to whatever Harris does this season. I mean--I wouldn't be surprised to see Conner miss 9 games either but....you know. 

We need people to hype this guy and buy him. Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

I'm dying over here at all the people coming to the conclusion I was arguing for from the beginning of this thread. As if the retirement of Decastro moved the needle this much. This situation has been dog doo since the Steelers drafted Harris. 

9b78fd0cbb0557d7bb3c3da12bf04bbdf3a59935a422be6d3ace01c7bbbe31c0.jpg.2cea6b4f4734d0ef0f7377f8c91a64c6.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steelers are never down long.  I love it, I remember so many players on this forum people **** on due to bad lines and those players still ate. Decastro hasn't been prime in a few years anyways so it's not a major loss at this point.

I can't wait to revisit this thread when Harris is lighting up games and the goal line as scoring is not a problem steelers have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh great, someone depress the fuq'n doe clone alert. Down the stretch, when you need it most, this team lacked balance. Injury a factor, to what extent, whoTF knows!? In the literature there's reason to believe by design and it ain't the coach!! Posted, just recently, further content suggesting the QB is still deciding! That fuq'n b!+ch needs to go!  

Yo, Bensie 

giphy.gif

   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Steelers are never down long.  I love it, I remember so many players on this forum people **** on due to bad lines and those players still ate. Decastro hasn't been prime in a few years anyways so it's not a major loss at this point.

I can't wait to revisit this thread when Harris is lighting up games and the goal line as scoring is not a problem steelers have. 

Can you name a few such players? Honestly curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Najee Harris will be fine. Decastro was absolutely horrible last year. As was pouncey, Villy, and Feiler. Addition by subtraction. 

It's not addition when you subtract, but don't add. That line doesn't have a single player who inspires confidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So they've signed OG Trai Turner, a former pro-bowl player. Has a history of injury & appears to be carrying some bad weight. They brought him in for a look last week, Turner contends he's at 100%. Obviously, they view him as an upgrade.

Edited by markrc99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Can you name a few such players? Honestly curious.

Bro do you think that every fantasy stud always played behind stud o lines ? Just do a simple search of players that played well behind bad o lines, many of our favorites that still had great seasons played behind poor lines in the past 15 years +. 

I mean off top of my head guys like Sjax played behind some awful lines, Shady played behind bad lines at times , Forte and Charles had some rough OLs and were all studs. 

I'm not saying the line doesn't matter but there are plenty of players in history's past that did not have good likes and did well. 

Harris isn't the type of runner that dabbles long behind the line, some guys dance around behind the line longer and need the blocks held longer...Harris is not that type of player.

PFF has the OL rankings so if steelers are sitting at 29th, why is anyone fussing over backs on the teams that rank worse or close to 29th? You have giants at 32, panthers at 31 , bears at 27th, vikings at 26th, Bengals at 24th...yet we all want our Cook and Mixons etc 

The bottom line is to me this, a bad line sucks but players can still be mega productive for fantasy purposes . Another off top of my head was MJD, he played behind some bad teams but was nonstop. 

We have NEVER fussed this much over one teams OL , that never mattered in fantasy as volume and touches is what mattered the most. Every time Barkley went out whatever garbage man backup was there who was the number 1 ww pickup  ? Horrible team, mediocre backup, horrible line...yet why, the next man up,  he will get the touches and volume. 

Harris is a true team foundation player,  barring injury he will be productive as ever.  Will it correlate to any huge super bowl run ? Probably not but for fantasy this dude is going to feast. 

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Bro do you think that every fantasy stud always played behind stud o lines ? Just do a simple search of players that played well behind bad o lines, many of our favorites that still had great seasons played behind poor lines in the past 15 years +. 

I mean off top of my head guys like Sjax played behind some awful lines, Shady played behind bad lines at times , Forte and Charles had some rough OLs and were all studs. 

I'm not saying the line doesn't matter but there are plenty of players in history's past that did not have good likes and did well. 

Harris isn't the type of runner that dabbles long behind the line, some guys dance around behind the line longer and need the blocks held longer...Harris is not that type of player.

PFF has the OL rankings so if steelers are sitting at 29th, why is anyone fussing over backs on the teams that rank worse or close to 29th? You have giants at 32, panthers at 31 , bears at 27th, vikings at 26th, Bengals at 24th...yet we all want our Cook and Mixons etc 

The bottom line is to me this, a bad line sucks but players can still be mega productive for fantasy purposes . Another off top of my head was MJD, he played behind some bad teams but was nonstop. 

We have NEVER fussed this much over one teams OL , that never mattered in fantasy as volume and touches is what mattered the most. Every time Barkley went out whatever garbage man backup was there who was the number 1 ww pickup  ? Horrible team, mediocre backup, horrible line...yet why, the next man up,  he will get the touches and volume. 

Harris is a true team foundation player,  barring injury he will be productive as ever.  Will it correlate to any huge super bowl run ? Probably not but for fantasy this dude is going to feast. 

Forte, SJAx, and Charles are all Hall of Fame caliber players. They also happen to be three of the greatest pass catching RBs of all time. Likewise, Dalvin Cook, Barkley, and CMC are probably the three best RBs on Earth right now. All three of those teams also improved their lines. 

As for Mixon and Monty, I do think the poor offensive lines are relevant in those situations. I'd probably rank those guys just ahead of Harris because they've proven to be very good NFL RBs, while Harris hasn't yet.

I guess, if you think Harris is equal to those Hall of Fame RBs you mentioned, then go ahead and draft him as your RB1. If you think he's closer right now to a guy like Mixon or Monty, then he's more like mid to late RB2.

Edited by ajs723
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Forte, SJAx, and Charles are all Hall of Fame caliber players. They also happen to be three of the greatest pass catching RBs of all time. Likewise, Dalvin Cook, Barkley, and CMC are probably the three best RBs on Earth right now. All three of those teams also improved their lines. 

As for Mixon and Monty, I do think the poor offensive lines are relevant in those situations. I'd probably rank those guys just ahead of Harris because they've proven to be very good NFL RBs, while Harris hasn't yet.

I guess, if you think Harris is equal to those Hall of Fame RBs you mentioned, then go ahead and draft him as your RB1. If you think he's closer right now to a guy like Mixon or Monty, then he's more like mid to late RB2.

Where did I say I'm taking him as my rb1?  Not once.

I haven't said Harris is rb1 material, yet . He will be but this year it's still something to be seen.

Other names Ivory, foster , Morris, gore ....

You're absolutely missing my point,  there are guys that when they get the workload by default will produce fantasy numbers, rb 1 numbers in alot of cases , it doesn't mean they are drafted in top 10.

Harris will put up rb1 numbers many times ,  it doesn't mean this year I'm ready to draft him with my first pick but do I want him on my teams ? Anyone that has played fantasy for any length of time knows workload is king,  and add in a talent like Harris and it's a no brainer...but I forgot you seem to be the one guy that thinks Harris is a borderline scrub so it's moot even talking about this.

Forte , cmac etc these guys made their names for themselves.  You're looking back and now saying oh these are hof players but it was exactly guys like Forte that people were down on due to having terrible teams and lines and I was around saying nope, Forte will still produce and he did.

Harris will produce,  Harris won't need a top tier line to create his legacy as he goes on, it'll help but he will make things happen in this backfield 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Where did I say I'm taking him as my rb1?  Not once.

I haven't said Harris is rb1 material, yet . He will be but this year it's still something to be seen.

Other names Ivory, foster , Morris, gore ....

You're absolutely missing my point,  there are guys that when they get the workload by default will produce fantasy numbers, rb 1 numbers in alot of cases , it doesn't mean they are drafted in top 10.

Harris will put up rb1 numbers many times ,  it doesn't mean this year I'm ready to draft him with my first pick but do I want him on my teams ? Anyone that has played fantasy for any length of time knows workload is king,  and add in a talent like Harris and it's a no brainer...but I forgot you seem to be the one guy that thinks Harris is a borderline scrub so it's moot even talking about this.

Forte , cmac etc these guys made their names for themselves.  You're looking back and now saying oh these are hof players but it was exactly guys like Forte that people were down on due to having terrible teams and lines and I was around saying nope, Forte will still produce and he did.

Harris will produce,  Harris won't need a top tier line to create his legacy as he goes on, it'll help but he will make things happen in this backfield 

 

Okay, so where are you planning on drafting Harris this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Where did I say I'm taking him as my rb1?  Not once.

I haven't said Harris is rb1 material, yet . He will be but this year it's still something to be seen

 

People were discussing if he was low end rb1 or rb2 for the 2021 season. I'm yet to see someone who has him lower than RB2

Edited by egolam
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

PFF has the OL rankings so if steelers are sitting at 29th, why is anyone fussing over backs on the teams that rank worse or close to 29th? You have giants at 32, panthers at 31 , bears at 27th, vikings at 26th, Bengals at 24th...yet we all want our Cook and Mixons etc 

So this is kind of the sentiment that I subscribe to as well, because I see Najee as factoring heavily into the passing game, just like Steelers RBs always have..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Okay, so where are you planning on drafting Harris this year?

Haven't fully decided. So many variables in different leagues. But id totally be fine with him as my rb2,but again different leagues vary ,keepers etc... the point I'm saying is he will produce big numbers if he stays healthy and will only get better each year.  I've never said he's a first rounder...but he might perform like one in many games .l

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Okay, so where are you planning on drafting Harris this year?

He’s my RB9ish this year based on anticipated volume. Ahead of him…

Cmc

Dalvin

barkley

alvin

henry

zeke

chubb

Taylor

Akers

Then he’s right there ahead of Swift/Ekeler/Gibson for me, possibly Akers too.

 

Edited by P@ckersFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Haven't fully decided. So many variables in different leagues. But id totally be fine with him as my rb2,but again different leagues vary ,keepers etc... the point I'm saying is he will produce big numbers if he stays healthy and will only get better each year.  I've never said he's a first rounder...but he might perform like one in many games .l

That's fair, but you aren't getting him as your RB2. He's already seen as a top 10-12 RB. 

If you want him on your team, you're going to have to take him as an RB1. If you somehow get him at RB16, that's totally reasonable. 

I think the two of us mostly agree on his value. 

Edited by ajs723
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

He’s my RB9ish this year based on anticipated volume. Ahead of him…

Cmc

Dalvin

barkley

alvin

henry

zeke

chubb

Taylor

Akers

Then he’s right there ahead of Swift/Ekeler/Gibson for me, possibly Akers too.

 

Umm, did something happen to Aaron Jones? 

Jones, Akers, Gibson, and Ekeler all have to be ahead of Harris in PPR leagues.

That puts Harris at RB14, at best. And that's not including guys like Mixon, Monty, Carson, Dobbins, CEH, Jacobs, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Umm, did something happen to Aaron Jones? 

Jones, Akers, Gibson, and Ekeler all have to be ahead of Harris in PPR leagues.

That puts Harris at RB14, at best. And that's not including guys like Mixon, Monty, Carson, Dobbins, CEH, Jacobs, etc.

Would take a decent amount of RBs ahead of Harris. Maybe 15 or so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...