NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Najee Harris 2021 Outlook

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

only non competitive leagues would let Najee slip out of the 1st round

If you're drafting Najee in the first round, you're drafting him hoping that maybe he'll become as good as the players going in the 2nd round already are. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

If you're drafting Najee in the first round, you're drafting him hoping that maybe he'll become as good as the players going in the 2nd round already are. 

Why do you have such a Najee hate boner? Lol

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Why do you have such a Najee hate boner? Lol

Masochism. I have to dig in as far as possible. That way, if he ends up being an immediate superstar, I can take as much crap from the board as possible. 

Honestly, I just don't get it. If Najee Harris ends up being as good as prime Chris Carson from the jump, I think his drafters would be thrilled. So, why not just, you know, draft prime Chris Carson instead?

• Haha 2

Just now, ajs723 said:

Masochism. I have to dig in as far as possible. That way, if he ends up being an immediate superstar, I can take as much crap from the board as possible. 

Honestly, I just don't get it. If Najee Harris ends up being as good as prime Chris Carson from the jump, I think his drafters would be thrilled. So, why not just, you know, draft prime Chris Carson instead?

😂

If he is as good as prime Chris carson he will score more points in fantasy because ben actually passes to the RBs. We believe he is actually better than carson and in a better situation. Carson is also been known to get knicked up.

6 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

😂

If he is as good as prime Chris carson he will score more points in fantasy because ben actually passes to the RBs. We believe he is actually better than carson and in a better situation. Carson is also been known to get knicked up.

Carson averaged over 3 receptions per game last year. He should be good for 50 receptions. I don't know how many receptions you project for Najee, but it isn't going to be significantly more than Carson should catch. 

8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Carson averaged over 3 receptions per game last year. He should be good for 50 receptions. I don't know how many receptions you project for Najee, but it isn't going to be significantly more than Carson should catch. 

That was last year and a significant portion of that came while the Seahawks let “Russ cook” after they lost to the rams Carson’s catches fell off to 2.2 catches per game. Before last year his career average was 2.4 catches per game. With a season best of 47 catches. Also never played a full season. 

us najee truthers believe 47 would be ho hum we’re expecting 55ish minimum and wouldn’t be surprised if he had bell numbers while matching Carson’s rushing stats. 

Most of us are not fools and know it’s not a lock. He could be the next Trent Richardson or Cedric benson. But we see the talent we believe he can do it. The OC has a decade long history of running it. Big Ben has supported backs in the pass game for years now. I’m not worried about the oline. Chris carson has succeeded for years with a bad line so can najee. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Not a bad comparison. I would place my projections at 265/1200/7 with 58/600/3. I’m to lazy to look, what kind of finish would that have him at? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasyfanatic said:

4 bums

Ah such useful insight thank you. They replaced 4 bums. Villy couldn’t run block, pouncey was absolutely horrible, decastro was a shell of himself, and Feiler was a a huge liability. 

32 minutes ago, Fantasyfanatic said:

They have a bottom 5 offensive line

The Seahawks, vikings, and chargers have had awful offensive lines for the past 5 years and always produce RB stats. Volume is king and najee has a streamline for 300 touches. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

The Seahawks, vikings, and chargers have had awful offensive lines for the past 5 years and always produce RB stats. Volume is king and najee has a streamline for 300 touches. 

No man rememeber, every fantasy player in the world in the last 20 years have all played behind incredible rank 1 perfect o lines. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

So, considering you just told us they always produce, are you drafting the Steelers back over the Chargers and Seahawks backs.

Btw, this is also factually incorrect. Minny's run blocking was great last year, Seattle's was well above average, and the Charger's backfield wasn't productive all year. 

Edited by ajs723

1 minute ago, Savatage79 said:

No man rememeber, every fantasy player in the world in the last 20 years have all played behind incredible rank 1 perfect o lines. 

I'd say strawman, but whatever you just constructed is far weaker than even straw.

12 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Its called hyperbole brah lol 

Using hyperbole to exaggerate the point the other side is making in an argument is the definition of straw-manning, but sure...

Nobody said you need an elite o-line to be fantasy relevant. We're pointing out that having the worst run blocking in the league is probably an impedement to fantasy success. 

47 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

So, considering you just told us they always produce, are you drafting the Steelers back over the Chargers and Seahawks backs.

Btw, this is also factually incorrect. Minny's run blocking was great last year, Seattle's was well above average, and the Charger's backfield wasn't productive all year. 

No I think najee will outproduce them even tho they always produce. Higher risk higher reward.

im not sure about that. Going of PFF scores they were all pretty regularly bad 

chargers 32nd

vikings 26th

hawks 14th

steelers 17th

chargers 29th

vikings 19th

hawks 27th

steelers 9th

chargers 30th

vikings 29th 

hawks 18th

steelers 1st

chargers 24th

vikings 22nd

hawks 27th

steelers 12th

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

No I think najee will outproduce them even tho they always produce. Higher risk higher reward.

im not sure about that. Going of PFF scores they were all pretty regularly bad 

chargers 32nd

vikings 26th

hawks 14th

steelers 17th

chargers 29th

vikings 19th

hawks 27th

steelers 9th

chargers 30th

vikings 29th 

hawks 18th

steelers 1st

chargers 24th

vikings 22nd

hawks 27th

steelers 12th

I'm just talking about run blocking. The Steelers were excellent at pass blocking, but the worst in the league at run blocking, so they had the 17th rated line. But that's super misleading. Same thing for many of these. 

42 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I'm just talking about run blocking. The Steelers were excellent at pass blocking, but the worst in the league at run blocking, so they had the 17th rated line. But that's super misleading. Same thing for many of these. 

Ok well feel free to provide some evidence 

2020 team run block win rate & pass block win rate via espn

chargers 32nd & 31st

vikings 21st & 18th

Seattle 16th & 9th

Steelers 24th & 25th so the Steelers had a worse pass blocking than run blocking. 

Ahhh every year is the same with these rookie rbs, you all know what's going to happen, there's only two ways this is going, instant superstar or instant superstar derailed by injury by seasons end.

Top 10 to top 5 rb this year, if James Conner can do it my god....

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Ahhh every year is the same with these rookie rbs, you all know what's going to happen, there's only two ways this is going, instant superstar or instant superstar derailed by injury by seasons end.

Top 10 to top 5 rb this year, if James Conner can do it my god....

Last year he didn't do it tho.  Conner was not somebody you wanted to be starting weekly.