NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Najee Harris 2021 Outlook

17 hours ago, Fantasyfanatic said:

They have a bottom 5 offensive line

James Robinson and David Montgomery had pretty horrible o-line themselves last season…. Still finished top 10(7th and 8th). Najee is an excellent pass catcher too. Especially with Big Ben losing velocity on that arm I think we’re in for a lot of Najee touches this season through the ground and air.

• Like 2

Watching his highlights Bama had him run routes out of the backfield all the time and he lined up in the slot or wide multiple times, as well.  You'd have to think if I can see that then Pittsburgh can.  I'm on board with the high touch load for this guy.  He should be able to overcome the less than stellar line which honestly can only improve on last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mustangt125 said:

Last year he didn't do it tho.  Conner was not somebody you wanted to be starting weekly.

Cause he was injured most of the time, but when healthy he was able to get you good numbers. Sometimes rb1 numbers, now you get a younger rb, and improved oline, we just need a middle of the pack oline, plus Rothleisberger has been getting in shape this off-season, so I'm all in

Barely eclipsing 3 ypc in his first preseason game?

I know that's a crazy thing to judge a first round RB on so early and it's certainly not his fault, but if there's one guy to me who I want to see a breakaway preseason run from, it's this guy. This offense could stall out in a horrible way all year.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I know that's a crazy thing to judge a first round RB on so early and it's certainly not his fault, but if there's one guy to me who I want to see a breakaway preseason run from, it's this guy. This offense could stall out in a horrible way all year.

Dude , it's the most worthless game of the year even less worthless than mid August pre season.  Ben isn't there, the players aren't actually pushing boundaries, the plays were just basic run of the mill.

In the few runs najee had what you need to key in on is how a few times there looked to be absolutely nothing and the dude churned out 5 or 6 yards still. 

I mean its so premature on his play , the hof game is nothing but a waste of time 

6 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Seriously?

7 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Love this - please keep the ADP down.  

As @SyNdicateZ pointed out, that won't show up on this video, is the blitz pick ups from Najee.  Saw some good ones last night that gave the QB extra time.  Major factor that can keep rookie RBs off the field.  Najee got 19 out of 19 snaps the first three drives of the game.  He ran plenty of pass routes.  The efficiency and true upside is still TBD based on the Steelers' line and offense overall, but IDK how Najee doesn't finish in the Top 12 this year with the volume he's going to get.  

This Steelers offense is going to be so predictable and boring but have to think Harris will get a ton of touches

1st down: 3 yard run by Harris

2nd down: 4 yard slant to Dionte Johnson

3rd down & 3: 48 yard bomb incomplete to a streaking Claypool down the sideline

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, PrestigeWW said:

ADP isn't a perfect science, but I'd take Jones, Eckler, and Gibson at rb over him. Probably Hill, Adams, and Kelce too.

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp/half-ppr

Right, but you listed all the people ahead of him by ADP, you haven't answered his Question. Only person below him I'd consider is Gibson (big believer) and maybe Diggs, but even then I'm not sure I could convince myself of taking a WR over an every-down type back, so likely a toss up between Gibby and Najee at his ADP.

• Like 1

It's really funny to see people trying to glean anything from the preseason game. We learned nothing from that game, and we were never going to... Having said that, you all know that if he'd run for a 40 yard TD, you'd be declaring that game his superstar coming out party. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Right, but you listed all the people ahead of him by ADP, you haven't answered his Question. Only person below him I'd consider is Gibson (big believer) and maybe Diggs, but even then I'm not sure I could convince myself of taking a WR over an every-down type back, so likely a toss up between Gibby and Najee at his ADP.

ADP is just a ball park, but I edited to include Diggs & Ridley as well. Just saying there are players going right before him and right after him that I'd have no problem taking. I have no problem rolling the dice on rookie rb's but I'd rather use less draft capitol on one and have a safer pick early. 

LeVeon Bell would've had what most would consider a very successful rookie year, but he would've been a bust in fantasy if you took him in the first round. I just don't think the upside is there for Harris to justify his ADP. Dude isn't a home run hitter and I don't consider him a lock for double digit TDs or 50 catches. 

6 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Dude , it's the most worthless game of the year even less worthless than mid August pre season.  Ben isn't there, the players aren't actually pushing boundaries, the plays were just basic run of the mill.

In the few runs najee had what you need to key in on is how a few times there looked to be absolutely nothing and the dude churned out 5 or 6 yards still. 

I mean its so premature on his play , the hof game is nothing but a waste of time 

It's the times where there looks to be absolutely nothing that concerns me. That's a terrible o-line and their options at QB are very concerning. Someone mentioned it here too, also looks like a very predictable offense. I have no doubt Harris will take what he can get and more, but they just got manhandled by the Cowboys defense while Harris was out there.

14 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Just talking RBs, I'd take

Montgomery, Carson, Gibson, CEH, Jacobs, Dobbins, and Mixon ahead of Najee. 

• Like 1

The Steelers defense is the best thing going for Harris. I don't see them playing from behind like James Robinson did for the Jaguars last year and ends up getting pulled for another back. The Steelers are going to play ball control football and let their defense carry them.

Edited by ponchsox