NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

For me, Harris is better than any of the RBs drafted and would have been the first RB taken. He’s a legit three-down back, and is a better RB for me than CEH, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, etc.

As far as dynasty, I don’t get the concern. 

Assuming he goes to the Steelers which is almost the perfect fit I still can't put him over Akers and honestly not sure about any of the other guys as well depending on how things play out.. There's legit questions to be had.

1. He's a rookie and I don't think there's any special can't miss RB prospects this year. This means that it's impossible to know exactly how well he will translate to the NFL which is another layer of risk. Plus, while Alabama hasn't done a bad job by any means of producing NFL talent at the position a lot of times they've been underwhelming in their first seasons. You have to take into account how the transition will be from running through huge gaping holes all day to actual NFL holes. 

2. Assuming he goes to the Steelers, I think its not smart to jump to the conclusion that because it's the Steelers and guys like Bell, Williams, and Conner recently dominated so will Harris. All those guys had elite run blocking lines and it was one of the driving forces why everyone was successful. Last season, the run blocking was straight up awful. 

It's just tough to predict how a back will translate to the NFL especially when the college line was elite. Still, it will be interesting to see how Harris does ADP wise because I highly doubt it will get anywhere near as absurd as CEH did. His ADP is likely to be closer to that of Jacobs his rookie year around the 25-35 range. It's still too rich for me as i'll likely have him ranked closer to the 45-50 range but as always with rookie RBs it's a high risk high reward game. Sometimes you get a Jacobs or Taylor like player and other times you get a CEH or Montgomery. I rather not play that game with rookies unless i'm a big believer in the talent which again, i'm not. Not that Harris is a bad NFL prospect by any means but he isn't close to anything that jumps off the page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K197040's Dog 2021 Outlook

I don't know enough about Najee Harris to comment, at a quick glance, I'm significant higher on him that the general public.  It's early for me, but I'm currently looking at a ranking of RB12, top of

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

He will be gone by 24 easily,  so I'm not gonna get to fussed by it . Someone will lock this dude down early. 

Miami might be smart to do it but I don’t think they will.

Still think the Steelers get him though. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Miami might be smart to do it but I don’t think they will.

Still think the Steelers get him though. 

He screams "Steeler" in so many different ways. Throw in the owner pounding the table for a better run game and it's happening IMO unless the Dolphins trade back from 6 all the way to Chicago or Washington to give themselves 18+one of 19/20 and stock up later picks to address their other needs

That's the only way I can see them going Najee in the 1st

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

I think Steelers projection is a safe bet. Maybe outside shot Jets take him at 23 but think they prob have too many other needs.

Jets and maybe only other option is Dolphins as well.

The thing is, they don't have to take Harris. Etienne is up there as well or if they want a more traditional 3 down guy they can go with Williams. The gap isn't that large between any of them. That being said, there have been numerous reports that they are going to take Harris but just saying it isn't a guarantee. 

spacer.png

Tomlinson + Workhorse 3Down RB = Fantasy GOLD!!! Top 15 for me based on landing spot and expexcted workload. I'd draft after Akers probably in the 11-12 rb overall range. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NInsko said:

spacer.png

Tomlinson + Workhorse 3Down RB = Fantasy GOLD!!! Top 15 for me based on landing spot and expexcted workload. I'd draft after Akers probably in the 11-12 rb overall range. 

Yes - draft pick is the best indicator of fantasy relevance.  They will use him as an RB1 - it only remains to be seen how well the offense plays around him.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Burgh Najee,  a much needed piece of the puzzle. This is a true 3 down back which that in itself is a commodity and something this team needs. I don't understand tho anyone doubting his talent , you're not the number 1 rb in a draft without talent, the guys next gen stats show he's one of the 5 rbs with draft score of 99 since 03 , others are barkley,  Taylor, Larry Johnson, Etienne .

You just can't pass on a player like this,  rbs can  make massive differences and for a team that has not had much luck trying for those 3rd and 4th rounders, there's no better way to get back to having a legit 3 down work horse back.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Yes - draft pick is the best indicator of fantasy relevance.  They will use him as an RB1 - it only remains to be seen how well the offense plays around him.

I'm not really sure what you mean about draft pick relevance.

This guys a beast regardless of his draft pedigree. RBs notoriously thrive in Pburgh, the coach likes to feed his RBs, you know this, the Damn owner was openly stating he wanted them to draft a RB as it's their tradition to have a excellent run game. Their O should be more balanced which was a massive issue for them last yr. I would assume it will vastly improve their run game in-turn taking pressure off BIG BEN, a more balanced approach would also help their play action game. I cant see how it wouldnt improve with NAJEE 

What team could have been a realistic better landing spot for fantasy purposes? I liked Miami ATL and Pburgh as a solid high end RB2 fringe RB1 with upside ala Taylor last. At the moment thats how i see it.

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, NInsko said:

I'm not really sure what you mean about draft pick relevance.

This guys a beast regardless of his draft pedigree. RBs notoriously thrive in Pburgh, the coach likes to feed his RBs, you know this, the Damn owner was openly stating he wanted them to draft a RB as it's their tradition to have a excellent run game. Their O should be more balanced which was imo a massive issue for them last yr. I would assume it will vastly improve their run game in-turn taking pressure off BIG BEN, a more balanced approach would also help their play action game. I cant see how it wouldnt improve with NAJEE 

What team could have been a realistic better landing spot for fantasy purposes? I liked Miami ATL and Pburgh as a solid high end RB2 fringe RB1 with upside ala Taylor last. At the moment thats how i see it.

Quite simply, I mean that how early a RB is drafted is the most important factor in determining how valuable that RB will be for fantasy purposes.

this went as was widely speculated, so no big surprise - unlike the kid St. Etienne. 

but, man ... Ben's one banana peel away from a gurney, and the o-line leaves much to be desired - where's Villenueva? 🤔 

but ol' Teflon Tomlin (aka "Marble Mouth Mike", aka "Moosh Mouf Mike") does one thing, and ONLY one thing very well - and that's hitch to his hoss. 

hell, we are a couple seasons removed from Conner flirting with top 5 status 'til the injuries hit ... the line was much more intact, but point is made. 

6709b79b11290b478535c4bc5cdd6252.gif

even when Bell sat out we saw DWill get fed 'til he puked top 5 magick foosball #s.  

oh, and L'ev and his touches by season: 290, 373, 137 (inj.), 336, 406

but we all knew this about Bell - hitch to the hoss.  and this kid Harris is quite a significant upgrade over most of the dreck they've been entertaining in the RB room - it just didn't feel like the Stillers ... ya know?

this kid feels like all is right again in Westernn Pennsy - OLD TIME HOCKEY ... EDDIE SHORE HOCKEY!!1!!111!1!1!

'member how CEH was touted so highly last year?  oh, i sure do - i was one of them thar touters "HI, I LOST MY MAGICK FOOSBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TILT - WHERE WAS CLYDE?"

this kid will dwarf what CEH laid out last year - you know MMM (aka "TT", aka "MMM") is gonna look to slice Ben's exposure to mega abuse by utilizing this chap to the Nth. that ferocious D will have them in enuff positive game scripts to keep his usage on the prolific side - and even if the D unit goes sideways again with injury, ol' Harris here can snag more Ben balls ... we like that in ppr-ville, don'tcha know. 

he'll be on my squads.  you can make book on that, Missy - don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns 🤘

now ... who's blocking for N'Jorl's saga? 🤔

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Alejandro is on the Ravens now - Brown replacement.

yes ... my posit was a tad more on the facetious, if not didactic, side 😁

HITCH IT TO HARRIS '21!

anigif_sub-buzz-9845-1616516588-12.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

HITCH IT TO HARRIS '21!

anigif_sub-buzz-9845-1616516588-12.gif

We all agree the kid is talented... But the Burgh better add some serious meat to the O-line in the rest of the draft to help him, or it's going to be a painful rookie year. I don't think he can turn the offense around on his own.

44 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

We all agree the kid is talented... But the Burgh better add some serious meat to the O-line in the rest of the draft to help him, or it's going to be a painful rookie year. I don't think he can turn the offense around on his own.

yes, i addressed that up in my post prior to the one you quoted - we simpatico, brutha ✌

- expecting a rookie magick foosball campaign greater than CEH is not a stretch ... nor would it be a stretch to say it will be greater than JRob's - i'm thinking more along the lines of fellow Saban alum Jacobs - so let's slot N'Jorl's Saga right in the middle of those 3 - and that's an RB1 no matter how ya slice it. 

i'll plant this flag and go down with the ship, or steal a 'chip - one never knows, do one?

OHu02sOjBLL-tl6n6vY7sscelDh2eDSvV5eGtF5x

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
TyPo
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yes, i addressed that up in my post prior to the one you quoted - we simpatico, brutha ✌

- expecting a rookie magick foosball campaign greater than CEH is not a stretch ... nor would it be a stretch to say it will be greater than JRob's - i'm thinking more along the lines of fellow Saban alum Jacobs - so let's slot N'Jorl's Saga right in the middle of those 3 - and that's an RB1 no matter how ya slice it. 

i'll plant this flag and go down with the ship, or steal a 'chip - one never knows, do one?

OHu02sOjBLL-tl6n6vY7sscelDh2eDSvV5eGtF5x

Najee is better than Josh, by a good bit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a Steelers fan of course I’m excited about the pick. It shows they’re going all in to try and win it all this year. Now it’s time try and solidify the offensive line the best they can. 

Losing Banner in the beginning of last year was a bigger blow than originally thought so getting him back is obviously a plus. Hopefully their renewed commitment to the Run game helps Decastro have a bounce-back season. I feel really good about Dotson as a road grading Guard. Would liked for them to have landed Alex Mack at Center. We’ll see how that position pans out. 

And pretty please with sugar on top, utilize Derek Watt in the run game.

Edited by Cheppy
44 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Najee is better than Josh, by a good bit. 

split it down the middle, production wise - citing the Raihhhduuhhhzz '19 o-line being better than current Stillers iteration.

we take it. 

• Like 1

Call me crazy but I think we're seeing a little Harris envy if I'm being honest.  Of course they're gonna work on the line, even when we're bad we're still always in it. There is a level of talent the rb brings on his own despite the line, a rb can also make a good line look great and vice versa.  Conner even with a decent line couldn't do much why ? Because he's just not that good, neither is snell, neither is any of the other 3rd 4th round bums we've tried .

Harris will ball out here, and it's a huge step in the right direction to get back to a true rb threat and he is instantly fantasy relevant

• Like 2

That's the type of class act I miss on this team, I'm so tired of juju and Claypools **** ....Harris will hopefully breath a breath of fresh air into this team's locker room.  We need more leaders, less tiktok a** clowns 

• Like 2

Can't deny he landed in a great spot as he should immediately be the RB1 for the team, and also in FF drafts this season. Hopefully they upgrade the Oline though. 

Also be interesting to see if they grab a QB (Trask, Mills or Mond) at some point in the draft. I don't see Big Ben playing past this season.

6 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Can't deny he landed in a great spot as he should immediately be the RB1 for the team, and also in FF drafts this season. Hopefully they upgrade the Oline though. 

Also be interesting to see if they grab a QB (Trask, Mills or Mond) at some point in the draft. I don't see Big Ben playing past this season.

I honestly think they're going to address qb in the next year or so, if we make a push this year there's talk of Ben returning next season as well...so we will see. 

But I mean here's something, now I get popular opinion of Haskins but the kid showed he can play...I personally think Washington let him go way to prematurely,  and his tenure while not impressive, how much can be associated to playing for a pretty weak team in general? Could he actually develop with the Steelers what his overall 15th pick intended? I don't know, maybe. But I see Ben playing in 22 as well personally.