NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i don't think anybody considers Tomlin to be a running game savant ala Shanny ... matter of fact, i'd be shocked if that post turtle even knows how to call plays. 

in my post i said the Ben factor and the o-line woes are baked in caveats to snagging this chap in magick foosball drafts ... and that the ONE thing Moosh Mouf Mike (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Marble Mouth Mike") does well is ride a TALENTED cat damn near into the sod. 

how anyone construes that as him being a RB whisperer is beyond my grasp 🤔

he just mumbles to the OC  "uhhh ... we ... uhhh ... have the ... uhh ... uhhh ... uhhh ... talented ... uhhhhhhh ... young .... uhhhh ... uhhhhhhh .... MAN ... uhhh ... so .... uhhhhhh .... let's uhhhh ... uhhhhhh ... use ..... uhhhhh ... the .... uhhhh ... young .... uhhhhhhhh .... man ... uhhhh ... a ton .... uhhh .... yeah"

that’s the truth. Tomlin loves a workhorse back and for fantasy footballers that means if he is heavily invested in a RB then you want that RB. 

Steelers have always seemed to have a top fantasy RB every time they had one they viewed as a Merrill hodge special, “factor back”

1,000+ rushing and 300+ receiving with 10 TDs for NH this year.

• Like 1
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K197040's Dog 2021 Outlook

I don't know enough about Najee Harris to comment, at a quick glance, I'm significant higher on him that the general public.  It's early for me, but I'm currently looking at a ranking of RB12, top of

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I haven't been a Steelers fan or a James Conner/Benny Snell/whatever the f happened here last season person...can someone explain to me what happened to Pittsburgh's running game?

It seems like this is a great defense, good line, the type of passing game that should command attention basically a team built for you to just slide any old RB into and have a great season, but they were horrendous at it.

Are teams just not worried about Roethlisberger because of the elbow now?  Are they actually really bad at run blocking?  Was Conner just garbage?  

Conner just can't stay healthy, when he was healthy it was nice. He had many nice games but the kid was made of glass so he was very unreliable.  Then our backups were just mediocre bums, nobody stood out whatsoever and like said the game game just became as predictable, one dimensional, and nonexistent as it gets so it's why Ben threw nonstop, and why he eventually struggled because Ds had nothing to worry about with our worthless run game. 

If conner could've stayed up, he'd been alright overall but he was constantly hurt and missing games 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

Anyone thinking about his age in a dynasty league? Already 23, after 26 or maybe 27 RBs are close to done. So will get 3 or maybe 4 years if lucky prob. 

not much, he only had 1 workhorse season in college. If you are overly concerned in dynasty you could sell after one of his amazing seasons for a younger guy.

I am intrigued.

One of those players I hope we get to see have some run in preseason, as he'll likely cost a lot.  But he's a player and has a real opportunity.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

Anyone thinking about his age in a dynasty league? Already 23, after 26 or maybe 27 RBs are close to done. So will get 3 or maybe 4 years if lucky prob. 

I will likely be acquiring him in our "dynasty" league with my first pick.  I have no issues taking him. Win now. And can always look to trade him if needed.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

... next thing ya know he'll be shaving, and asking for the car keys!!1!!!1!111!1

THEY GROW UP SO FAST 😒

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

Matt Forte was 23 as a rookie and had 8 consecutive seasons of elite production. 26/27 is a little early for a decline I would say 28 for sure and maybe 29 but at that point most smart owners would have gotten rid of their aging RB.

Its not like a RB suddenly declines the moment they turn a certain age. Dynasty owners should draft Harris with confidence.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Matt Forte was 23 as a rookie and had 8 consecutive seasons of elite production. 26/27 is a little early for a decline I would say 28 for sure and maybe 29 but at that point most smart owners would have gotten rid of their aging RB.

Its not like a RB suddenly declines the moment they turn a certain age. Dynasty owners should draft Harris with confidence.

Yea and I rememeber being on this very board on those last few each year saying Forte will be solid and feverishly everyone was like nope nope and sure enough Forte had some great seasons.  So yea there's no instant drop off just a gradual slow age where they start to downshift but can still be super productive for awhile. 

Edited by Savatage79
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Well Forte also had a style of play that allowed for that. And there will always be exceptions I’m just trying to guess what is most likely to happen and make decisions off of that.

The Athletic's Dan Pompei reports a member of an NFL front office said Steelers RB Najee Harris is a "more complete" back than Le'Veon Bell. 

It's quite the compliment. Before he was an ineffective plodder with the Jets and Chiefs, Bell was a dominant force who tormented opposing defenses on the ground and through the air. In 2014 -- Bell's most productive season -- he compiled 2,216 total yards and 11 touchdowns. He eclipsed 1,200 rushing yards and 600 receiving yards in both 2016 and 2017. The Steelers have sought a bellcow back like Bell since 2017, and they might finally have one in the wildly productive Harris. He'll likely be a first round pick in 12-team leagues by August. It would surprise no one if Harris was among the NFL leaders in total touches. 

Source: The Athletic
May 4, 2021, 8:21 AM ET
  • Haha 1

He's Absolutely more of a complete back than Bell. Harris a few years ago would've went in top 10 picks in the draft,  getting him at 24 was an insane steal.  I can easily see 15 1600 total yards this year if not more.

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

He's Absolutely more of a complete back than Bell. Harris a few years ago would've went in top 10 picks in the draft,  getting him at 24 was an insane steal.  I can easily see 15 1600 total yards this year if not more.

He can catch and should get most of the GL carries. He landed in a fantastic spot for usage. If they can get that O-line rolling things will be looking great. I'm excited to add this guy to my roster.

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

He can catch and should get most of the GL carries. He landed in a fantastic spot for usage. If they can get that O-line rolling things will be looking great. I'm excited to add this guy to my roster.

Yea I think the line will be better but will still need another year to really become polished, but Green was a great addition and I think with the rest of the guys they have its going to be great,  and harris I feel will make a good line better.

There's really no weakness with harris, you have to start creating them. Like sure maybe he's not going to just take it to the house as often as Etienne perhaps, but bell wasn't one to just bust loose for home runs, he was accumulative and nonstop and I think najee will be that but also stretch the field more than bell did. 

Overall, I'm stoked 

• Like 1

When it comes to comparing them strictly as draft prospects, I believe Najee is light years ahead of where Le'Veon Bell was coming out of Michigan State.  Bell was picked 11 picks after Gio Bernard and the big debate, as I recall, was whether he would be any better than Christine Michael as both were seen as similar types coming out of college (I could be totally misremembering this, it was 8 years ago and I'm old, cut me a break if so).

That doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to their NFL careers, but yeah if they were in the same class I would take Najee 10/10.

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2021 at 5:23 PM, Savatage79 said:

"Would love if Steelers made the move for him, it would solidify our backfield nicely. Someone is going going benefit and I'd love it to be Steelers as I'm pretty disheartened by the whole team right now, worse than ever tbh. No one player is going to fix this team right now but Harris would be ..."

Any outcome is possible but Harris makes it easier to trust the process. To summarize, if they stay healthy up front, I think that OL is going to perform well. Harris doesn't bring a high level of suddenness & his length does provide defenders with a lot of surface area to hit. Too upright, but where they struggled in short yardage situations, they're now going to dominate.  He's a load & definitely a factor 'back. Some of their other adds clearly suggest the desire to regain balance.    

-----------------------------------------------------------

Okorafor has the length, anchor & athleticism of a legit backside honker. Hopefully Kendrick Green takes over at OC. But if not, at the very least, along with Moore & Haeg, I think they'll have very good depth & versatility. Banner, a heavy 6'8" guy, get all one-dimensional again, I don't know. Those types struggle with leverage & quickness. But he's gained their confidence & he definitely can factor in the run game for them. 

Watching some of his tape (N.C. State & Alabama), I think they have a player in Dan Moore jr. He missed an obvious blitz pick up vs 'Bama that led to a sack & as suggested at his draft tracker profile, too often loses early in the rep. Although they didn't grade him as a quality run blocker, I thought he executed seal-off blocks very well. There's just not a lot of pop, his pads aren't really part of the equation right now.

In Moore it's a nastier demeanor & better use of his hands that are lacking, both problems very coachable. A move to RT or even inside, really like his physical attributes! Green & Freiemuth are a couple of junkyard dogs that get antsy when they haven't bitten something off in an hour or so. Both are adds to their run plan. Commitment to improve balance? CHECK! 

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1

He's got good power tho as well, he's upright but he can shake tackles like nobody's business .

I agree with everything else ya said @markrc99 but I do think harris plays with a suddenness, I mean some of these runs he pops off with are incredible and just look fierce. He looks super explosive at times, but just a minor point is all. Either way it's gonna be a great ride. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

"He's got good power tho as well, he's upright but he can shake tackles like nobody's business. ... I do think Harris plays with a suddenness, I mean some of these runs he pops off with are incredible and just look fierce. He looks super explosive at times, but just a minor point is all. Either way it's gonna be a great ride." 

Absolutely, I'll probably see where he comes off in redraft & then reach in keeper leagues. 

On 5/4/2021 at 6:33 AM, Savatage79 said:

Obama-gif.gif

The same Bell that was a 2,000 yard back and guarantee for 1,200 rushing yards, 75 receptions, and 600 receiving yards? The same Bell that in 2016 was on pace for over 2,500 yards from scrimmage?

And Harris is an ABSOLUTELY more complete back without even playing a snap. There aren't words to describe the absurdity of that statement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Obama-gif.gif

The same Bell that was a 2,000 yard back and guarantee for 1,200 rushing yards, 75 receptions, and 600 receiving yards? The same Bell that in 2016 was on pace for over 2,500 yards from scrimmage?

And Harris is an ABSOLUTELY more complete back without even playing a snap. There aren't words to describe the absurdity of that statement. 

Bell was an anomaly tho, you must forget how unenthusiastic most were for leveon bell coming out of college. He was considered out of shape etc..

Yea on paper coming out of college harris looks like a more complete back, not sure why that ruffles your titties so badly. 

Bell was great when he was on top here, Harris will be even better.

Edited by Savatage79
38 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Bell was an anomaly tho, you must forget how unenthusiastic most were for leveon bell coming out of college. He was considered out of shape etc..

Yea on paper coming out of college harris looks like a more complete back, not sure why that ruffles your titties so badly. 

Bell was great when he was on top here, Harris will be even better.

It’s just funny to me that you think he will be better than probably the best all around RB of the decade when playing.

You’re basically claiming he will be borderline the GOAT.

So yes my titties are ruffled. 

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It’s just funny to me that you think he will be better than probably the best all around RB of the decade when playing.

You’re basically claiming he will be borderline the GOAT.

So yes my titties are ruffled. 

Prepare them titties 😅

Just now, Savatage79 said:

Prepare them titties 😅

Can't wait for Harris to put up 3000 yards from scrimmage behind a bad line and a 2015 Payton Manning that looks like he ate 2015 Payton Manning.

• Haha 3