Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Can't wait for Harris to put up 3000 yards from scrimmage behind a bad line and a 2015 Payton Manning that looks like he ate 2015 Payton Manning.

So, let's not be totally ridiculous.  

 

Manning in 15 had 2200 yards ,9 tds and 17 int. Ben last year had 3800 yds,  33 tds and 10 ints. I mean Ben is definitely on his last legs but come on man, we don't need to get so hyperbolic to the point of absurdity here.  Plus the WRs had a ton of drops,  and we had "zero" running game.  And he still chucked out 33 tds , not amazing but not anywhere near Manning levels in 15.

They improved the line and will continue to improve the line, it won't be perfect this year but it'll be better. And we added 2 stud playmakers.  It's not as dire as ya want to make it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy guy to root for  

Assuming he goes to the Steelers which is almost the perfect fit I still can't put him over Akers and honestly not sure about any of the other guys as well depending on how things play out.. There's l

Najee is better than Josh, by a good bit. 

On 5/4/2021 at 8:53 AM, Joe Mama said:

Well Forte also had a style of play that allowed for that. And there will always be exceptions I’m just trying to guess what is most likely to happen and make decisions off of that.

Thats fine but its a little silly to say he has only potentially 3-4 years in him just because he's 23. Youre making him out to be the Brandon Weeden of RBs or something. Its not like he's going to start declining imminently after 2 seasons.

I would be more concerned if he had a Jonathan Taylor/AP like workload in college but he didnt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Thats fine but its a little silly to say he has only potentially 3-4 years in him just because he's 23. Youre making him out to be the Brandon Weeden of RBs or something. Its not like he's going to start declining imminently after 2 seasons.

I would be more concerned if he had a Jonathan Taylor/AP like workload in college but he didnt.

I still believe if harris landed on other teams there would be some drastically different opinions, know what I mean ?

Edited by Savatage79
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I still believe if harris landed on other teams there would be some drastically different opinions, know what I mean ?

Well, obviously.

Some people who go knee-jerk "oh, Steelers running game, yummie" would then put him lower, not realizing that the Steelers rushing game has been meh since 2017 (yup, that was still with St Bell) and other people who are low on the Steelers O-line (for good reason) would possibly rate him higher on another team.

I'm a bit of both. "Harris on the Steelers" sounds amazing until you examine the evidence. The main debate here is not whether Harris is a stud (he is) but whether he can be a stud behind the Steelers O-line.

Here's a list (stolen from a SI article😞

LT: Chukwuma Okorafor (19 games started in career, 15 of which came at RT in 2020)

LG: Kevin Dotson (4 games started in career)

😄 B.J. Finney (13 games started in career. None last year between CIN/SEA)

RG: David DeCastro (124 starts in career)

RT: Zach Banner (2 games started in career. Coming off torn ACL)

(Plus a TE and an OG in the draft)

Not saying it can't happen; just saying buyer beware. You're enthusiastic and good for you; but allow for people with less yellow/black tinted glasses to be slightly more cautious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Well, obviously.

Some people who go knee-jerk "oh, Steelers running game, yummie" would then put him lower, not realizing that the Steelers rushing game has been meh since 2017 (yup, that was still with St Bell) and other people who are low on the Steelers O-line (for good reason) would possibly rate him higher on another team.

I'm a bit of both. "Harris on the Steelers" sounds amazing until you examine the evidence. The main debate here is not whether Harris is a stud (he is) but whether he can be a stud behind the Steelers O-line.

Here's a list (stolen from a SI article😞

LT: Chukwuma Okorafor (19 games started in career, 15 of which came at RT in 2020)

LG: Kevin Dotson (4 games started in career)

😄 B.J. Finney (13 games started in career. None last year between CIN/SEA)

RG: David DeCastro (124 starts in career)

RT: Zach Banner (2 games started in career. Coming off torn ACL)

(Plus a TE and an OG in the draft)

Not saying it can't happen; just saying buyer beware. You're enthusiastic and good for you; but allow for people with less yellow/black tinted glasses to be slightly more cautious.

But I agree with it as well, my point is ...can it truly get any worse than when we had glass man conner and his band of bums? I think we're about to see the Steelers get back to being a run first offense, However it may not quite be this year.

But yea im super enthusiastic, who wouldn't be ya know ? But I'm also not just saying the guy will be instantly the rb1 in fantasy after this year. 

My standpoint is to me this is steelers version of a rebuild, this will help Ben but I believe it's being setup for our future post Ben. Green I think can really be something in a year or two, same with Dotson  etc..

But next year they will continue to address it I'm sure. 

Ben when you watch those highlights makes some dsmn nice plays still, so while I feel he's ready to pack it in soon he still has a little left .

If we didn't get Harris I'd be pretty unenthusiastic about the season ,but Harris brings a hell of a lot. So why not go in a little more optimistic than naught is my pov, I just want to hope and put faith in the Steelers to get this right . But this is one huge step getting back to hopefully being an elite run team again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

Yea there definitely won't be any love loss here , gonna be 33, and he definitely didn't really help last year to create much space for anyone however as I said when you're tryin to block for mediocre bums there isn't much you can do either.  Either way, a few years ago I think it would sting more but right now I don't think it matters much that steelers lost the aging lineman

However  I do applaud his jabs about the tiktok clowns on the Steelers 

Edited by Savatage79
Link to post
Share on other sites

Najee is great. Tomlin knows how to use a bellcow RB. The Steelers have great WRs that opposing defenses have to respect. But the run blocking is a question mark and Big Ben is a shell of his former self that can't really throw downfield anymore.

Are the last 2 negatives big enough to scare me off of drafting him in the first 3 rounds? Probably.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...