NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

A 4.6 forty yard dash and confirmation that he’s not that fast looks a lot worse than no forty at all. I mean he coulda ran at his pro day and didn’t. Mac jones did. Surtain did. 

if your actually fast you run the 40 and remove all doubt that your fast and help your draft value. If you’re not fast ya don’t run the forty so you don’t hurt your draft value... just saying. 

What is Najee Harris’s 40 time?

Najee Harris’s 4.45-second 40-yard dash won’t rank him as the fastest in the NFL but his size and strength will help him to evade tackles thanks to the ability to change direction – and fast!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefocus.news/american-sports/najee-harris-40-time/%3famp

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Harris will not be running the 40 because of an ankle injury he picked up late in his final collegiate season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/30/najee-harris-will-do-drills-wont-run-40-at-alabama-pro-day-tuesday/amp/

you may be grasping at straws here since some of the best RBs in NFL history have run 4.5 or 4.6 forty’s. Emmit Smith, Walter Payton, Derrick Henry...and all information I find on Najee would have him at a 4.45 or 4.5 which is absolutely fine. 

Not sure this will fit your narrative of being embarrassed about his speed but he reached 22 mph a year ago while training healthy.

• Like 1
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K197040's Dog 2021 Outlook

I don't know enough about Najee Harris to comment, at a quick glance, I'm significant higher on him that the general public.  It's early for me, but I'm currently looking at a ranking of RB12, top of

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

he doesn’t look very fast in that clip where he is shedding tacklers and hurdling defenders... 

would be sooooooooooo much more impressive if he just darted outta bounds while being clocked at 4.33, rather than bamboozle those would-be fools ...

🤠

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Talent-wise I would definitely have D'Andre Swift & Miles Sanders on that list. I'm higher on guys like Damien Harris & Zack Moss than most, but in fantasy both are much later options. To me, the guy that's on your list that doesn't even remotely belong there is Austin Ekeler. An undrafted down & distance guy out of ... Western State? Apart from that 90-catch season, that's what he's been. You have to hope that defenses over-defend the inside game & give up space to exploit on the perimeter. 

Kamara's another one... the sample size way too small but w/o Drew Brees he became the early down focus of every defense. He's another one who's great at exploiting space but always looked more like a finesse RB to me. If he now has to get them tough yards inside, I don't think that's happening. All I'm saying here is that I'd draft someone else early & take Harris than I would Kamara & someone else.  

You're taking Najee ahead of Alvin Kamara and Austin Ekeler? Am I reading that wrong?!!

Edit - Never mind. I see what you're saying. 

Still doesn't seem like you have Harris near your top 12. If you're drafting in the third round and somehow Kamara is still on  the board, you're still taking him over Najee. 

Sounds like you have Najee around RB17 maybe. Not terribly far off. If you're saying you like the value of Najee at that price, that's fine. But you aren't getting him at that price. I think by the time drafts happen, he's going to a top 12 RB, because hype is a hell of a drug.

Edited by ajs723
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What is Najee Harris’s 40 time?

Najee Harris’s 4.45-second 40-yard dash won’t rank him as the fastest in the NFL but his size and strength will help him to evade tackles thanks to the ability to change direction – and fast!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefocus.news/american-sports/najee-harris-40-time/%3famp

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Harris will not be running the 40 because of an ankle injury he picked up late in his final collegiate season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/30/najee-harris-will-do-drills-wont-run-40-at-alabama-pro-day-tuesday/amp/

you may be grasping at straws here since some of the best RBs in NFL history have run 4.5 or 4.6 forty’s. Emmit Smith, Walter Payton, Derrick Henry...and all information I find on Najee would have him at a 4.45 or 4.5 which is absolutely fine. 

Not sure this will fit your narrative of being embarrassed about his speed but he reached 22 mph a year ago while training healthy.

That’s cute an all but if he was fast he woulda ran the 40 man I never said he wouldn’t be a good RB.. I said the contrary actually but if he was fast he woulda ran the 40. And his supposed 4.45 forty source came from “touchdown Alabama” magazine lol I’m sure that’s a very unbiased and credible source 

His injury couldn’t be too bad since he did all sorts of drills at his pro day I mean remember that time Julio ran a 4.4 with a Broke foot. The dude has questionable speed and that’s not the end all be all of RB skill liek you said Walter Payton is the best to ever do it and he didn’t have 4.3 speed. I still think he’s gonna be great. I know you love your bama boys but it’s ok if they’re not all flawless Greek gods. It’s ok if he only really runs a 4.58 he’ll still be great! 

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

That’s cute an all but if he was fast he woulda ran the 40 man I never said he wouldn’t be a good RB.. I said the contrary actually but if he was fast he woulda ran the 40. And his supposed 4.45 forty source came from “touchdown Alabama” magazine lol I’m sure that’s a very unbiased and credible source 

His injury couldn’t be too bad since he did all sorts of drills at his pro day I mean remember that time Julio ran a 4.4 with a Broke foot. The dude has questionable speed and that’s not the end all be all of RB skill liek you said Walter Payton is the best to ever do it and he didn’t have 4.3 speed. I still think he’s gonna be great. I know you love your bama boys but it’s ok if they’re not all flawless Greek gods. It’s ok if he only really runs a 4.58 he’ll still be great! 

just wanted to correct some of your mistakes.

the article that says he ran a 4.45 was from “The Focus” not “Touchdown Alabama” 

“Touchdown Alabama” simply linked the YouTube video of Najee running 22mph. the treadmill he ran 22 mph on might have been an “Alabama treadmill” so you might have to contact the makers of that equipment to see if it has somehow been rigged to make players appear faster than they are.

I do appreciate the fact that we can both agree that Najee is going to be great and that a 40yd dash time is mostly irrelevant to RB success in the NFL. Hopefully Najee is closer to 4.5, those are the guys who seem to enjoy the most sustained, long term success.

35 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

the article that says he ran a 4.45 was from “The Focus” not “Touchdown Alabama” 

“Touchdown Alabama” simply linked the YouTube video of Najee running 22mph. the treadmill he ran 22 mph on might have been an “Alabama treadmill” so you might have to contact the makers of that equipment to see if it has somehow been rigged to make players appear faster than they are.

I do appreciate the fact that we can both agree that Najee is going to be great and that a 40yd dash time is mostly irrelevant to RB success in the NFL. Hopefully Najee is closer to 4.5, those are the guys who seem to enjoy the most sustained, long term success.

LMAO.  What?

My dog runs 22 mps but I'm not drafting him this year.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

“The focus” got the 4.45 time from touchdown alabama just like “sportskeeda” did in the link below. That 4.45 stat traces back to one source.. touchdown Alabama.

(4th paragraph)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/nfl/news-2021-college-pro-days-alabama-rb-najee-harris-run-drills-40-yard-dash

Anyway let’s quit debating his speeds and crap I’ll admit he could be fast as hell what do I know. 

whats najees adp btw? The more I look at some of the other backs the more I think he’ll be top 10 no problem I’d easily take him in front of guys like Jacobs, sanders,swift, Dobbins.. guys like CEH and Gibson are touch and go for me right now. I think I’d even take najee over eckler and mixon. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

“The focus” got the 4.45 time from touchdown alabama just like “sportskeeda” did in the link below. That 4.45 stat traces back to one source.. touchdown Alabama.

(4th paragraph)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/nfl/news-2021-college-pro-days-alabama-rb-najee-harris-run-drills-40-yard-dash

Anyway let’s quit debating his speeds and crap I’ll admit he could be fast as hell what do I know. 

whats najees adp btw? The more I look at some of the other backs the more I think he’ll be top 10 no problem I’d easily take him in front of guys like Jacobs, sanders,swift, Dobbins.. guys like CEH and Gibson are touch and go for me right now. I think I’d even take najee over eckler and mixon. 

fair enough.

because of volume I’d take Najee over everyone you mentioned except CEH who has a revamped Oline and maybe Mixon who should have similar volume.

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

LMAO.  What?

My dog runs 22 mps but I'm not drafting him this year.

Okay, but would you draft him:

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

K197040's Dog 2021 Outlook

Funny.  But a real man starts this as an actual thread.  It's your idea so I'll let you have the honors.

Rest assured that as soon as the thread is started, I'll post some stats and hot takes.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How many tackles did your dog break last year?

I don't know offhand.   But he's hard as f to catch.   And I suspect he eats poop. 

19 hours ago, ajs723 said:

"You're taking Najee ahead of Alvin Kamara and Austin Ekeler? Am I reading that wrong?!! Edit - Never mind. I see what you're saying. Still doesn't seem like you have Harris near your top 12. If you're drafting in the third round and somehow Kamara is still on  the board, you're still taking him over Najee. 

Sounds like you have Najee around RB17 maybe. Not terribly far off. If you're saying you like the value of Najee at that price, that's fine. But you aren't getting him at that price. I think by the time drafts happen, he's going to a top 12 RB, because hype is a hell of a drug."

Yes, I do consider Harris a better value than those two. Skill-wise, Ekeler isn't put together to assume volume in the traditional sense. Gotta hope he gets 90 catches again. With Kamara, it's as if the change at QB is irrelevant. Could be, but when Winston was with Tampa Peyton Barber & Ronald Jones led the league facing heavy fronts. Which is exactly what happened when Brees was out. Now, that was Taysom Hill but either way, I think Kamara's days of facing lighter fronts are over. Love MT this year, but the Saints are a fade for me.    

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Yes, I do consider Harris a better value than those two. Skill-wise, Ekeler isn't put together to assume volume in the traditional sense. Gotta hope he gets 90 catches again. With Kamara, it's as if the change at QB is irrelevant. Could be, but when Winston was with Tampa Peyton Barber & Ronald Jones led the league facing heavy fronts. Which is exactly what happened when Brees was out. Now, that was Taysom Hill but either way, I think Kamara's days of facing lighter fronts are over. Love MT this year, but the Saints are a fade for me.    

love it. 

look, when you're gonna plant a frickin' flag, aim to plant it on Everest, ya hear?

no mamby/pamby, wishy-washy pearl clutching here ... take the stand, man that freakin' hill - and hunker the eff down!1!!!1!

giphy.gif

no balls, no magick foosball glory - love the conviction, regardless of outcome. 

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

To be fair, I am moderately (bordering on completely) intoxicated at the moment. But does anyone have any idea what happened in this thread? 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So what's the big deal about his 40 time?  So what if he's not a home run hitter.  Looks like he makes up for it by his vision, size, etc.  What we're really chasing here is opportunity.   We've seen James Connor plod his way to fantasy success in this offense.   Najee will  be a bell -cow back.  I have him as RB12