Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Travis Etienne 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i do mock sims on FFPros - 12 team ppr ... he is usually floating around the pick 75-80 range - late 6th/early to mid 7th seems to be the sweet spot atm. 

got a feeling he'll wind up a full round higher (ppr strictly) come August 

 

He'll be going in the 3rd-4th round come August. 75-80 is a steal if you can get him there right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, smeeze said:

He'll be going in the 3rd-4th round come August. 75-80 is a steal if you can get him there right now.


correct. He will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder come preseason time. He is a no brainer in the 4th or 5th rounds. In round 2 or 3 it gets a little dicier.

 

James Robinson isn’t going anywhere and he is really good. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

He'll be going in the 3rd-4th round come August. 75-80 is a steal if you can get him there right now.

question was "where is he going atm", and i responded in kind that it's roughly 75th off the bored atm ...

i'm paying close attention to the incremental leap(s) up, because, as i have stated, i'm plucking this cat. 

i also allowed that he will certainly be above 75th come August ... i will reach.  

🦃🛀🎳

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 5:48 PM, mocha4313 said:

So you think Marlon Mack is going to split with Taylor this year? Maybe Taylor is just way way better hence why he produced at a level Mack never has as a rookie

And yeah the Lindsay who was a league winning workhorse pickup and is not an irrelevance on the Texans

Taylor had a great line, Mack had a brutal one. Mack would've chewed seriously into Taylor's production had he not suffered the achilles injury. I see Mack more as an injury cushion for JT this year, but the Colts have four very capable backs and they'll use them all to some degree. No, I don't think Mack is anywhere near as capable as JT and I hope Taylor is a workhorse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i do mock sims on FFPros - 12 team ppr ... he is usually floating around the pick 75-80 range - late 6th/early to mid 7th seems to be the sweet spot atm. 

got a feeling he'll wind up a full round higher (ppr strictly) come August 

 

How are you liking the FFPros draft sims?  Do you feel they're better than doing mock drafts at Fantasy Football Calculator or Yahoo or whatever?  I tried one or two of them last year and it felt weird because your next picks come at you really fast, but if they're good I'll give them another shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ZappB said:

How are you liking the FFPros draft sims?  Do you feel they're better than doing mock drafts at Fantasy Football Calculator or Yahoo or whatever?  I tried one or two of them last year and it felt weird because your next picks come at you really fast, but if they're good I'll give them another shot.

only one i ever use. 

i tried gigging in some of the "real" mock draft rooms, across other various platforms - and i'd rather eat cat ish with a knittin' needle than subject myself to the abject buffoonery of sitting there like patience on a monument  for 2 minutes while folks time out again and again and again ... or watching someone go 1:59 just to select a kicker in the 2nd round to purposely eff the room. 

yeah, no thanks. 

the FFPros sim does move fast, but you can see all the players picked - not that it matters, because you can tell who is not gonna make it back around by who is lingering in the respective position queues.

best feature is the "undo pick" option ... you can back totally out of every pick you've made, or just back track to the most recent ... this helps me a great deal in roster construct, as i take chances and reach a bit for cats i wanna procure IRL (such as St. ETN here).

that mock sim (coupled with the chaps on this bored) has proven to be my most valuable asset each preseason ... steps the game up to the Nth.

🌮

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ricky Bobby said:

Taylor had a great line, Mack had a brutal one. Mack would've chewed seriously into Taylor's production had he not suffered the achilles injury. I see Mack more as an injury cushion for JT this year, but the Colts have four very capable backs and they'll use them all to some degree. No, I don't think Mack is anywhere near as capable as JT and I hope Taylor is a workhorse.

Mack had a better line than Taylor in his first two seasons. PFF had Indy ranked #3 and #1 in '18/'19 respectively. Last year they were ranked #7 end of year.

I agree with the premise that Mack would've eaten into Taylor's workload early last year if healthy, that's why I passed on him in the second and third rounds. However, I still expected JT him to take over by end of year and ascend like he did. Taylor is a much more talented RB than Mack, but he was young and didn't have a training camp or OTA's.

Don't agree witht he four capable backs thing. Wilkins is the ultimate Jag, and though Hines definitely has juice as a passcatcher, he's pretty underwhelming in between the tackles. The more I think about it, the more I think Mack was brought back more so as insurance, to replace Wilkins role in between the tackles and give JT a breather from time to time. They still are one of the most run heavy teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, USWAY said:

Mack had a better line than Taylor in his first two seasons. PFF had Indy ranked #3 and #1 in '18/'19 respectively. Last year they were ranked #7 end of year.

I agree with the premise that Mack would've eaten into Taylor's workload early last year if healthy, that's why I passed on him in the second and third rounds. However, I still expected JT him to take over by end of year and ascend like he did. Taylor is a much more talented RB than Mack, but he was young and didn't have a training camp or OTA's.

Don't agree witht he four capable backs thing. Wilkins is the ultimate Jag, and though Hines definitely has juice as a passcatcher, he's pretty underwhelming in between the tackles. The more I think about it, the more I think Mack was brought back more so as insurance, to replace Wilkins role in between the tackles and give JT a breather from time to time. They still are one of the most run heavy teams.

I don't agree with PFF in this instance, but I agree with everything else. They'll want depth at RB, especially with MM coming off of surgery. Hines will get plenty of touches as well. This team doesn't need to force Taylor into 30 carries a week. Reich has roles for those backs. Anyways it's an Etienne thread, sorry for the OT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This whole team feels like an enigma right now. Urban Meyer keeps making weird decisions (drafting Etienne in the first, bringing Tebow back, etc.) & saying bizarre things (wanting Toney, calling Etienne a WR essentially, etc.)… I almost want nothing to do with other than later flyers on TLaw & Marvin Jones.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This whole team feels like an enigma right now. Urban Meyer keeps making weird decisions (drafting Etienne in the first, bringing Tebow back, etc.) & saying bizarre things (wanting Toney, calling Etienne a WR essentially, etc.)… I almost want nothing to do with other than later flyers on TLaw & Marvin Jones.

Yep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 7:14 AM, smeeze said:

This whole team feels like an enigma right now. Urban Meyer keeps making weird decisions (drafting Etienne in the first, bringing Tebow back, etc.) & saying bizarre things (wanting Toney, calling Etienne a WR essentially, etc.)… I almost want nothing to do with other than later flyers on TLaw & Marvin Jones.

Right. 
 

I know this is Etienne’s thread, but for this reason here, I’m concerned about getting Chark.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm wondering a lot about where he'll land in drafts and how he'll be used in reality. We'll know a lil more soon come the preseason. I don't know him that well beyond highlights. He's got some barry sanders in him, but does his small size limit him in the NFL or risk injury? I'm in one dynasty league where you get to pick one rookie player from your team going into the next season to keep, along with your main franchise player. I assume that could bump him up in that league possibly to the 2nd or even 1st round, half pt PPR. I think he'll be good in certain formats, excited to see where he stands in the preseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 12:59 PM, Gohawks said:

People in here are making the same mistake that has been made over and over again: Looking WAAYYY too much into where a guy was drafted and discrediting low drafted players after they've proven themselves.

Robinson put up 1,070 in 14 games on 4.5 YPC behind a below average line while racking up 49 receptions and double digit TDs. Robinson has proven himself 100x more than Etienne as far as i'm concerned.

I would agree...except there’s a new regime in Jax that is wanting to make its own mark. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fantasyfanatic said:

They drafted him in the first to play a big role this year

Urban Meyer is a complete wildcard.  I think it's dangerous to lean on the draft pick stock like normal.  Hyde used to play for him, JRob is going to likely start each game and will likely out carry Etienne.

I'd rather have Williams in redraft by a country mile.  This isn't a JT situation.  

Edited by Magoo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 8:17 PM, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

It's depends on how they use him and his touches.

Simple post but accurate for me, how will he be used is my biggest question,  i may have to pass on him at his price this year, i want to see the situation unfold before taking the dive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just have to imagine they're going to use him plenty especially 3rd downs , he's going to get tons of ppr action...he may not get goal line carries like JR but Etienne didn't get drafted to sit on the bench. 

I have both so I'm happy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sports Illustrated's John Shipley said Jaguars RB Travis Etienne has been "uncoverable" in training camp. 

Jacksonville linebackers have been regularly left in the dust in one-on-one situations with the rookie during training camp. Head coach Urban Meyer is intent on utilizing Etienne primarily as a pass catcher; James Robinson and Carlos Hyde are expected to share early-down duties. Etienne's role remaining stagnant throughout the season is a tough sell though. He'll likely take on a larger workload if his excellent college production carries over to the pros. Etienne is one of the most attractive dead zone running backs in fantasy. Shipley added RB Dare Ogunbowale has been the best Jaguars running back in pass protection. 

Aug 3, 2021, 11:06 AM ET
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Sports Illustrated's John Shipley said Jaguars RB Travis Etienne has been "uncoverable" in training camp. 

Jacksonville linebackers have been regularly left in the dust in one-on-one situations with the rookie during training camp. Head coach Urban Meyer is intent on utilizing Etienne primarily as a pass catcher; James Robinson and Carlos Hyde are expected to share early-down duties. Etienne's role remaining stagnant throughout the season is a tough sell though. He'll likely take on a larger workload if his excellent college production carries over to the pros. Etienne is one of the most attractive dead zone running backs in fantasy. Shipley added RB Dare Ogunbowale has been the best Jaguars running back in pass protection. 

Aug 3, 2021, 11:06 AM ET

Welp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure how to feel about this guy. His ceiling feels like rookie Kamara, his floor feels like a guy who gets 6-8 touches a week and never gets into a rhythm. Interesting enough, he’s got a coach that will certainly know how to use his talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Not sure how to feel about this guy. His ceiling feels like rookie Kamara, his floor feels like a guy who gets 6-8 touches a week and never gets into a rhythm. Interesting enough, he’s got a coach that will certainly know how to use his talent. 

If ever there was a reason to draft now before an adp explodes…this feels like it to me…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Sports Illustrated's John Shipley said Jaguars RB Travis Etienne has been "uncoverable" in training camp. 

Jacksonville linebackers have been regularly left in the dust in one-on-one situations with the rookie during training camp. Head coach Urban Meyer is intent on utilizing Etienne primarily as a pass catcher; James Robinson and Carlos Hyde are expected to share early-down duties. Etienne's role remaining stagnant throughout the season is a tough sell though. He'll likely take on a larger workload if his excellent college production carries over to the pros. Etienne is one of the most attractive dead zone running backs in fantasy. Shipley added RB Dare Ogunbowale has been the best Jaguars running back in pass protection. 

Aug 3, 2021, 11:06 AM ET

This was taken completely out of context. The reporter was simply talking about one-on-one route-running drills against linebackers. He sent two follow-up tweets to clear up the confusion. Moreover, his original tweet was sent less than an hour after the beginning of the Jag's first padded practice of the year. Big nothing-burger here.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

This was taken completely out of context. The reporter was simply talking about one-on-one route-running drills against linebackers. He sent two follow-up tweets to clear up the confusion. Moreover, his original tweet was sent less than an hour after the beginning of the Jag's first padded practice of the year. Big nothing-burger here.

 

 

These kind of reports are just nonsense.   He's gonna be good but this isn't "news".

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...