NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who to drop to activate Springer?

12 team OBP league. Keep 2 at original round price. Need to drop someone to activate Springer. I've loaded up on a few (IMO) prematurely dropped bats like Moncada and Mancini but kinda have a roster jam. Who's the drop? Leaning Baddoo, Nimmo, Mancini, Lowe, McKenzie or Romano.

C : Gary Sanchez

1B: Nate Lowe

2B: Max Muncy

3B: Alex Bregman

SS: Javier Baez

OF: Brandon Nimmo, Akil Baddoo, Trey Mancini

UTIL: Giancarlo Stanton

BN: Yoan Moncada

IL: Juan Soto, George Springer

SP: Jack Flaherty, Tyler Glasnow, Zack Greinke, John Means, Michael Pineda, Corey Kluber, Triston McKenzie

RP: Rasiel Iglesias, Jordan Romano, Michael Kopech

14 minutes ago, Mag7 said:

As much as I like Nimmo (for some ungodly reasons), I think he is a better IRL player than a fantasy player.  I've owned him and he's so-so.  I would drop him.  

New Offer: Bregman for Bieber? WHIR - Bench Coach Help Forum - NBC Sports Edge Forums

One thing I'll say about Nimmo is that the OBP format is a big increase in his value. 

4 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

One thing I'll say about Nimmo is that the OBP format is a big increase in his value. 

Agreed.  Unfortunately my league doesn't have OBP.  :(

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daddjokes said:

I'd drop Romano

I wouldn't. The Blue Jays just activated him and there's a very good chance he steps into the closer role. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daddjokes said:

Oh I didn't hear that. You think over Merryweather?

I don't think Merriweather's due back anytime soon...although Romano just had a bad outing in his first game back. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I don't think Merriweather's due back anytime soon...although Romano just had a bad outing in his first game back. 

I drafted Romano, he hit IL, and I haven't paid attention to Blue Jays bullpen since lol

I'm assuming it's a roto league and saves are a category? Nimmo stays due to OBP, Mancini is needed as 1B backup to Lowe (if he has the eligibility) so it's probably Baddoo. Still he just moved up in the lineup and could stay hot for awhile before the league figures him out, making him possible trade bait. I'm ready to make a call on Kluber if this next start goes poorly and he can't get through 5 innings, how much do you need to see? 

29 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I'm assuming it's a roto league and saves are a category? Nimmo stays due to OBP, Mancini is needed as 1B backup to Lowe (if he has the eligibility) so it's probably Baddoo. Still he just moved up in the lineup and could stay hot for awhile before the league figures him out, making him possible trade bait. I'm ready to make a call on Kluber if this next start goes poorly and he can't get through 5 innings, how much do you need to see? 

It's H2H but we do have a side pot for the year long roto winner. But either way saves are a category. Got really bad luck with closers early on. And yeah Mancini has 1B eligibility. Grabbed he and Moncada after they were dropped.