NBC Sports Edge Forums

Which Two? Blackman / Rogers OR Conforto / Luzardo? WHIR

Which two players would you rather own this season in a standard roto league (redraft) with RBIs, HRs, AVG, SBs, Runs, ERA, WHIP, Ks, Wins, and Svs+Hlds as categories? And why? 

Blackmon / T.Rogers

OR

Conforto / Luzardo

I would easily go with Conforto & Luzardo.  Blackmon will be 35 years old on July 1st & even with his monster 2017 season where he put up career highs all across the board he's still only a .302ba/26hr/80rbi/19sb for his career.  While those are great numbers for fantasy, there's a good chance he doesn't reach those numbers this season for a couple of reasons.  The first reason being that he's 35 & on the decline.  The second reason being that his lineup isn't nearly as good as it used to be.  During the last normal season in 2019 not only was he 2 years younger but he had Ian Desmond, Daniel Murphy & Nolan Arenado all hitting behind him in the lineup.  I can't think of 1 single hitter I really like in his current lineup except for Trevor Story.  I'm not sure if you mean Trevor Rogers or Taylor Rogers but I'm not extremely high on either.  Trevor Rogers doesn't have a track record yet so he's a wild card who can fizzle out whether it be next month or after the all-star break.  Taylor Rogers doesn't have the closer job on lock & has plenty of competition with guys who were previous closers.  Don't let Alex Colome's last 4 innings pitched fool you, he has been money in the bank for the last 5 years in a row & can steal a bunch of save opportunities.  On the other hand, I like Conforto in his prime & on a walk year.  Also, Luzardo has much nastier stuff than Trevor & Taylor.  I have Luzardo on my team & he's been having a bumpy start but I'm not even the slightest bit worried.

Thanks for the help with mine!!

Edited by Padrino
17 minutes ago, Padrino said:

I would easily go with Conforto & Luzardo.  Blackmon will be 35 years old on July 1st & even with his monster 2017 season where he put up career highs all across the board he's still only a .302ba/26hr/80rbi/19sb for his career.  While those are great numbers for fantasy, there's a good chance he doesn't reach those numbers this season for a couple of reasons.  The first reason being that he's 35 & on the decline.  The second reason being that his lineup isn't nearly as good as it used to be.  During the last normal season in 2019 not only was he 2 years younger but he had Ian Desmond, Daniel Murphy & Nolan Arenado all hitting behind him in the lineup.  I can't think of 1 single hitter I really like in his current lineup except for Trevor Story.  I'm not sure if you mean Trevor Rogers or Taylor Rogers but I'm not extremely high on either.  Trevor Rogers doesn't have a track record yet so he's a wild card who can fizzle out whether it be next month or after the all-star break.  Taylor Rogers doesn't have the closer job on lock & has plenty of competition with guys who were previous closers.  Don't let Alex Colome's last 4 innings pitched fool you, he has been money in the bank for the last 5 years in a row & can steal a bunch of save opportunities.  On the other hand, I like Conforto in his prime & on a walk year.  Also, Luzardo has much nastier stuff than Trevor & Taylor.  I have Luzardo on my team & he's been having a bumpy start but I'm not even the slightest bit worried.

Thanks for the help with mine!!

It's "Trevor" Rogers

• Like 1

Blackmon and Conforto to me are a wash, so I go with the younger player. Blackmon's just not the player he used to be. And Luzardo has as much hype last year as Rogers plus the benefit of pitching in Oakland. Conforto/Luzardo is my pick.

Edited by arxnsprx