NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Karinchak for Conforto in a Saves + Holds League?

Standard 10 team roto redraft league. Thoughts on this trade? Conforto would replace Pham or Kiriloff in my OF. I'd try to pick up a solid RP with good rations (i.e., Antone, Barlow, Rainey, etc.) to replace Karinchak. 

GIVE Karinchak

GET Conforto

MY TEAM
C-Grandal 1B-Goldschmidt 2B-Merrifield SS-Lindor 3B-JD Davis (K.Hayes) MI-Correa CI-Votto UTIL-Ohtani
OF-Soto OF-Castellanos OF-Haniger OF-Blackmon OF-Pham BENCH-Kiriloff, Kelenic

SP-Darvish SP-Scherzer SP-Snell SP-Wheeler SP-Ohtani SP-Tay.Rogers SP-F.Valdez
RP-Reyes RP-Clase RP-Karinchak RP-Trev.Rogers RP-D,Williams RP-Romano

I don't know why anyone would trade Conforto for a RP in a saves+holds format? Even as Conforto struggles it's not the time to give him away for a RP. IF someone is willing to GIVE you Conforto for that, YES you do that.. Why are you even asking? 

1 minute ago, keven said:

I don't know why anyone would trade Conforto for a RP in a saves+holds format? Even as Conforto struggles it's not the time to give him away for a RP. IF someone is willing to GIVE you Conforto for that, YES you do that.. Why are you even asking? 

Am I wrong I thinking Karinchak has the potential to be a top 5 RP in a saves + holds league? It might a moot point though because he’s interested in Blackmon for Conforto.

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Am I wrong I thinking Karinchak has the potential to be a top 5 RP in a saves + holds league? It might a moot point though because he’s interested in Blackmon for Conforto.

There are so many options in a saves+holds format everyone's value is diluted. Personally I'd trade Karinchak before Blackmon, RPs are a dime a dozen in that setup. I know Blackmon and Conforto are both struggling. BUT they both have track records to turn it around. 

17 minutes ago, keven said:

There are so many options in a saves+holds format everyone's value is diluted. Personally I'd trade Karinchak before Blackmon, RPs are a dime a dozen in that setup. I know Blackmon and Conforto are both struggling. BUT they both have track records to turn it around. 

Fair point. He just let me know that he wants Blackmon (for Conforto) and not Karinchak.