NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4/25 - GAME DAY THREAD

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, collucho said:

Donaldson x Cruz is a nasty 3-4 combo. 

Luis Castillo does not instill confidence but he made it through the first I'll take it.

Uhhh did I miss something? ESPN showing STL with 1 run in the first????

Taillon is one the biggest idiots on the planet.  Every time his team gives him a lead he gives it right back just like back in Pittsburgh.  1-2 count on Reyes whom my dead grandmother can strikeout with 2 strIkes, throws him a meaty fastball up and it’s promptly parked into the right field seats.  Some people are just destined to be losers, Taillon is one of them.

Public service announcement: today is (possibly) your last day to buy low on struggling Yankees hitters. They start a 4 game series tomorrow in Camden Yards where they face Harvey, Lopez, someone named Bruce Zimmerman, and TBD (they miss John Means). If that doesn’t get you excited consider that the forecast is calling for 70’s and 80’ so the ball should be flying out of that miniature ballpark. Still not buying? May I interest you in a homestand that immediately follows starting with 3 games against the Tigers? The homestand extends through the following week against the Astros and Nats. It should tell you something when even I have been scooping up Clint Frazier off waiver wires today. Hell, I’m even adding Odor in a couple leagues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Public service announcement: today is (possibly) your last day to buy low on struggling Yankees hitters. They start a 4 game series tomorrow in Camden Yards where they face Harvey, Lopez, someone named Bruce Zimmerman, and TBD (they miss John Means). If that doesn’t get you excited consider that the forecast is calling for 70’s and 80’ so the ball should be flying out of that miniature ballpark. Still not buying? May I interest you in a homestand that immediately follows starting with 3 games against the Tigers? The homestand extends through the following week against the Astros and Nats. It should tell you something when even I have been scooping up Clint Frazier off waiver wires today. Hell, I’m even adding Odor in a couple leagues.

Do we give up on them if they have two s---y series?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Ryu pulled from the game with an injury. 

Man this is not good, I switched back and watched the sequence. You can tell from his face he knew something was wrong, I'm hoping it's just a groin issue but this is an incoming DL stint. He threw about 4 or 5 pitches at 75 MPH with no finish and I'm going to be crossing my fingers it has nothing to do with his arm.

5 minutes ago, FUM said:

Taillon is one the biggest idiots on the planet.  Every time his team gives him a lead he gives it right back just like back in Pittsburgh.  1-2 count on Reyes whom my dead grandmother can strikeout with 2 strIkes, throws him a meaty fastball up and it’s promptly parked into the right field seats.  Some people are just destined to be losers, Taillon is one of them.

Actually, Franmil has hit a majority of his HR on 2 strike counts iirc. But go off on how he’s the easiest to face with 2 strikes 

34 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Luzardo serves up a lot of meatballs. 

To my untrained eye, it just looks like he has really poor command. Not so much that he walks the entire universe, but he just seems to catch a lot of the plate way too often.

8 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Still not buying? May I interest you in a homestand that immediately follows starting with 3 games against the Tigers?

image.png.56e8461dd36f62cde836ab10170397f5.png

The homestand extends through the following week against the Astros and Nats.

image.png.9a9291d13bb76cb3acf3495b26852014.png

It should tell you something when even I have been scooping up Clint Frazier off waiver wires today.

tenor.gif

Hell, I’m even adding Odor in a couple leagues.

1*CAnHvq67B8TdNyzKT8sQ9g.gif

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Gleyber owners

spacer.png

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Someone give me the scoop on Danny Duffy, I know he's throwing a little harder, but is he good again?

Fastball has to be good enough that people don’t just tee off on that and spit on the slider 

• Thanks 1