NBC Sports Edge Forums

10 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Jesus not this again. Did it hit flush?

It did and he stayed in the game as a runner. He got pinch hit in his next at bat in a 4 run game. Hopefully it was just a precaution. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Detective John Kimble says hi.

Posted Images

Corbin’s 6 shutout IP last start convinced me to hold and start him today. Thanks for nothing Patrick.  I have a feeling he’s going to be one of the most added and dropped players this year.  I might give him one more start vs Mia next Sunday.  If he’s a gas can again, that’s a wrap.  

Oh man, I have seen a string of bad HBP in the past few days, but Jonathan India took one off the helmet just now and it was scary. He was lucky it didn't catch him in the jaw, and it led to a warning and ejection of David Bell, who put out one of the most furious arguments I've seen in years (Bell is probably the top hothead manager in MLB today.) You could tell Flaherty felt awful about the pitch getting away so the warning didn't make sense. These HBP issues are getting ridiculous. 

50 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

6Ks 1 ER and 40 pitches through 2. Needs some real quick innings or there is no chance at the W at this point.

18 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Not much talk about Kopech and his 8 Ks through 3.....

I was hyping him from the first inning on! Too many games to follow and all the HBP news today is going to be a major question tomorrow. Baseball needs to rein it in somehow, too many pitchers with no control. But yeah go Kopech, now TEN Ks in 4 IP on 72 pitches. Looks like he should get the W if he doesn't run into trouble.

2 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I was hyping him from the first inning on! Too many games to follow and all the HBP news today is going to be a major question tomorrow. Baseball needs to rein it in somehow, too many pitchers with no control. But yeah go Kopech, now TEN Ks in 4 IP on 72 pitches. Looks like he should get the W if he doesn't run into trouble.

Is this just one random start, or are they thinking about getting him into the rotation some?

Just now, Bandito said:

Is this just one random start, or are they thinking about getting him into the rotation some?

He's subbing for Giolito who literally cut his hand on a twist-off glass bottle. Kopech is certainly on an innings limit and has proven invaluable already. So it seems likely he's returning to the pen. Dylan Cease is struggling but, the White Sox may just keep running him out there, plus Lance Lynn is returning soon. No room for Kopech, but he projects to throw a fantastic 120+IP by the end of the year.

12 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Oh man, I have seen a string of bad HBP in the past few days, but Jonathan India took one off the helmet just now and it was scary. He was lucky it didn't catch him in the jaw, and it led to a warning and ejection of David Bell, who put out one of the most furious arguments I've seen in years (Bell is probably the top hothead manager in MLB today.) You could tell Flaherty felt awful about the pitch getting away so the warning didn't make sense. These HBP issues are getting ridiculous. 

Did you catch the Trea Turner HBP?

This Brewers lineup is an embarrassment. They’re gifted two base runners with a walk and an error. They have runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and their 4th, 5th, and 6th hitters coming up against a tiring Jake Freaking Arrietta and they go whiff, whiff, and whiff to end the inning.

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

This Brewers lineup is an embarrassment. They’re gifted two base runners with a walk and an error. They have runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and their 4th, 5th, and 6th hitters coming up against a tiring Jake Freaking Arrietta and they go whiff, whiff, and whiff to end the inning.

It’s been that way for a while. 

6 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

So I guess Luis Garcia is not taking Odorizzi’s spot in the rotation.  Anyone have insight on who might be?

Why are you guessing this based on him giving up a HR to Ohtani? Unless they go with the dude from last night what's his name (I know his name but you get the point) Garcia should get a crack at it. He should line up for the next time they have a 5th starter spot, probably will piggyback with what's his name. I have an interesting dilemma involving Garcia so maybe I'm biased, WHIR:

Edited by Richard Kimble
Added bench coach link
  • Like 1