NBC Sports Edge Forums

24 minutes ago, twoseemer said:

Tommy Pham replaced after 1 AB, injury running out the ground ball?

Yes apparently, according to his blurb. I've been looking for a reason to drop him actually but I'm waiting to see how serious it is first.

51 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Rogers instead of McGee?

My guess is they simply want to ease McGee back in - I haven't heard of an injury.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Detective John Kimble says hi.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

The audio seems off, I heard manny's bat break before I saw it. Super weird lol

The announcers are totally off like living in Crazyville and now you say the audio is off too.  Strange things way out in La-La Land.

OMG now the announcers are comparing the Padres to the 2004 Red Sox because both teams had/have a Manny on their roster, lol!  Please just put those announcers out to pasture asap.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, GamblorLA said:

At what point does Cruz become a HOFer?

3 more years of stats might do it. Of course the HOF means nothing now really they let everyone in pretty much once they put in Edgar

12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

One dude in the Tatis thread was talking about selling high lmao, I wonder if he still fells the same way. 

I'm not an owner but certainly an admirer. This is a very pleasant surprise the adjustment he's made to protect his shoulder.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The announcers are totally off like living in Crazyville and now you say the audio is off too.  Strange things way out in La-La Land.

OMG now the announcers are comparing the Padres to the 2004 Red Sox because both teams had/have a Manny on their roster, lol!  Please just put those announcers out to pasture asap.

Are the announcers actually at the game? They might be in a studio and calling the game off monitors.

3 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Are the announcers actually at the game? They might be in a studio and calling the game off monitors.

Maybe Jessica Mendoza got stuck in traffic en route to Chavez Ravine?

26 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

One dude in the Tatis thread was talking about selling high lmao, I wonder if he still fells the same way. 

considering he popped his shoulder in spring traing diving for a ball then 1 month later on a swing hurt it again i be nervous if i owned him. Every game I be thinking Is this the one it pops again. Playing SS is not easy got to make diving plays and long throws I think the stolen bases will be down too since he may not want to run has much and dive slide into a base.

21 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm not an owner but certainly an admirer. This is a very pleasant surprise the adjustment he's made to protect his shoulder.

limits his range at SS if he plays timid and might cost them a few games. He already made a fielding  error today cost them the 1st run.  

12 minutes ago, mks said:

considering he popped his shoulder in spring traing diving for a ball then 1 month later on a swing hurt it again i be nervous if i owned him. Every game I be thinking Is this the one it pops again. Playing SS is not easy got to make diving plays and long throws I think the stolen bases will be down too since he may not want to run has much and dive slide into a base.

He has 2 SB in the last week (not to mention the 5 HRs off very good quality starting pitching the last 3 days).  2 stolen bases per week would average out to about 45 SBs over the course of a season so, the evidence really doesn't back up the idea that he won't steal.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

He has 2 SB in the last week (not to mention the 5 HRs off very good quality starting pitching the last 3 days).  2 stolen bases per week would average out to about 45 SBs over the course of a season so, the evidence really doesn't back up the idea that he won't steal.

18 minutes ago, mks said:

and moments ago Tatis steals 2nd

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

maybe his shoulder is not a big deal then. could be overblown how serious it is.

May looks great....if he can keep this up; the Dodgers have to be heavy favorites for the WS.  They were before, but with May throwing like this; the MLB wins record for a season is in jeopardy.

1 minute ago, mks said:

maybe his shoulder is not a big deal then. could be overblown how serious it is.

i just thinking if he was playing timid then he not run has much . obviously he is not playing timid and not worring about it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

May looks great....if he can keep this up; the Dodgers have to be heavy favorites for the WS.  They were before, but with May throwing like this; the MLB wins record for a season is in jeopardy.

I’m a bit skeptical Dustin May is going to be the player who makes a team break an MLB season win record.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I’m a bit skeptical Dustin May is going to be the player who makes a team break an MLB season win record.

I mean... it won't come down to any one single player if they break the record.  If a team is gonna break the wins record, it's because just about every player on the team made above-average contributions up and down the roster.  May absolutely seems like the quality of pitcher you'd want for a #5 SP on a team that could break that record.  He'd be a #2 in a lot of rotations right now.  

2 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

I mean... it won't come down to any one single player if they break the record.  If a team is gonna break the wins record, it's because just about every player on the team made above-average contributions up and down the roster.  May absolutely seems like the quality of pitcher you'd want for a #5 SP on a team that could break that record.  He'd be a #2 in a lot of rotations right now.  

Definitely the Yankees, I can attest to that.

17 minutes ago, mks said:

He does have 9 total errors so far (yikes) so I don't think you're wrong about his defense potentially costing them games.  Glad as always that it doesn't affect fantasy baseball.