• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Detective John Kimble says hi.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OaksterDan said:

I mean... it won't come down to any one single player if they break the record.  If a team is gonna break the wins record, it's because just about every player on the team made above-average contributions up and down the roster.  May absolutely seems like the quality of pitcher you'd want for a #5 SP on a team that could break that record.  He'd be a #2 in a lot of rotations right now.  

Well, it won’t be boosting their win percentage tonight.

6 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Betts 1-6 with 2 Ks.  When would we ever see that type of line with Betts?  He's going to get hot but this is frustrating.  

Padres and Dodgers have great pitching staffs, I wouldn't blame any hitter for going on a slump for this week. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, herschel said:

Blown win for May is the perfect ending to a **** week.  

May deserved better, but the signs are still positive. The strikeouts keep coming for a guy who didn't get enough of them last season. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

One dude in the Tatis thread was talking about selling high lmao, I wonder if he still fells the same way. 

Selling high for who?  Trout?  Acuna?  deGrom?  Only players that could possibly be in the conversation and then it is more an even trade.

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Maybe Jessica Mendoza got stuck in traffic en route to Chavez Ravine?

She would be an improvement over the two bozos in ESPN's zoomcast "booth" tonight.  One was called Buster at one point.  He is terrible. 

But truth is the only ESPN announcer I totally like is that little guy with all the quirky factoids.  Tim I think he is.  You can tell he truly loves the game and I love him for it.  Also I like his sense of humor.  And I can take A-Rod in little chunks when he tells some interesting stories.  The rest are not good.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Well, it won’t be boosting their win percentage tonight.

I was excited a week or so ago about the possibility the Dodgers could challenge the 116 win record this year, but I believe it won't happen. They are aware of it and do not want it to be a distraction, and they are actually trying to avoid projecting to win that many games. They want to win the title this year, full celebration, parade, everything. Then, if they do it, they can go after the all time season win record NEXT year and really stake a claim to be the greatest team of all-time if they manage a 3peat. It's the most rational approach to a team that, by all appearances could hit 120 wins if they put the pedal to the metal. 

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But truth is the only ESPN announcer I totally like is that little guy with all the quirky factoids.  Tim I think he is.  You can tell he truly loves the game and I love him for it.  Also I like his sense of humor.  And I can take A-Rod in little chunks when he tells some interesting stories.  The rest are not good.

Kurkjian. He has great love for the game and talks about how he keeps a scrap book of every day's box scores for every day of each season going on 20+ years. I'd dare say he knows as much about the game as anyone alive when you consider all the angles.

• Like 1

The former Brooklyn Dodgers have a ways to go to catch up with the best baseball team of all time.