NBC Sports Edge Forums

Woud you do this trade for deGrom?

Posted (edited)

I know I’d be giving up the best player by far, but I don’t think this is that lopsided at all. In an OBP league, Harper is a top 10-12 hitter overall and I think Castillo will overcome the slow start and finish in the top 15 SPs. What do others think?

Edited by nittanychris
11 hours ago, nittanychris said:

10 team Mixed League, Roto with QS in place of W and OBP instead of AVG. Would you trade deGrom (best pitcher in the universe) for Bryce Harper and Luis Castillo? 

Whaddy say? 

I wouldn't. Degrom helped me win a championship the year he was sub 2 era. Dude looks to have another historic season. I love harper, but pitching is kind of rough outside degrom, cole and bieber.

People are forgetting that Castillo was a top 10 pitcher coming into the season. Harper in a OBP league is a stud. Castillo will bounce back, I am confident.

I am surprised that you didn't accept this trade yet. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, nittanychris said:

I know I’d be giving up the best player by far, but I don’t think this is that lopsided at all. In an OBP league, Harper is a top 10-12 hitter overall and I think Castillo will overcome the slow start and finish in the top 15 SPs. What do others think?

DeGrom isn’t the best player by far. Harper is very underrated. I would do the trade.

1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

I wouldn't. Degrom helped me win a championship the year he was sub 2 era. Dude looks to have another historic season. I love harper, but pitching is kind of rough outside degrom, cole and bieber.

Actually there’s a lot of good starters. Burnes, Woodruff, Nola, Kershaw, Buehler, Bauer...it sounds like you just named the top three starters before the season and assumed everyone else isn’t good. I question if you’ve even followed games this season. Burnes is right up there with DeGrom right now and you’re saying he’s “rough”?! 

9 hours ago, Picard56 said:

LOL...what? In my 12-team league, I have a 2.78 ERA, a sub-1.00 WHIP and second in strikeouts. Guess what? I do not any of the big three. Plenty of pitching to be had.

That said, I wouldn’t do the trade either. Castillo is a perfect buy low candidate and I bet you could get those two for a bit cheaper.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Actually there’s a lot of good starters. Burnes, Woodruff, Nola, Kershaw, Buehler, Bauer...it sounds like you just named the top three starters before the season and assumed everyone else isn’t good. I question if you’ve even followed games this season. Burnes is right up there with DeGrom right now and you’re saying he’s “rough”?! 

17 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

LOL...what? In my 12-team league, I have a 2.78 ERA, a sub-1.00 WHIP and second in strikeouts. Guess what? I do not any of the big three. Plenty of pitching to be had.

That said, I wouldn’t do the trade either. Castillo is a perfect buy low candidate and I bet you could get those two for a bit cheaper.

I know right, I should totally know who and how you guys are doing in your leagues.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Counter offer & just move citi field straight up for cheese steaks. 

So counter just to remove a player he is RECEIVING in the deal?

Nonsensical as always.

• Like 1

Keep deGrom as there is no comparative pitcher to him right now and although Harper is a stud, you can always find that hidden gem in some unknown that has a career year. Castillo is struggling and should get better as it gets warmer but he will kill your other categories occasionally.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:19 PM, Thenewwildone8 said:

DeGrom isn’t the best player by far. Harper is very underrated. I would do the trade.

Not according to MLB players.

Harper won the most overrated in a landslide 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:38 PM, acunajrmvp said:

People are forgetting that Castillo was a top 10 pitcher coming into the season. Harper in a OBP league is a stud. Castillo will bounce back, I am confident.

I am surprised that you didn't accept this trade yet. 

Castillo velocity is down

I think he's lucky to be top 30

DeGrom side

I'd rather have Degrom, in a QS league he's a top 5 player.  Harper is underrated in an OBP league, but not really sure about the Philly team around him for counting stats.  Castillo walks too many batters.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:30 PM, Rush2112 said:

Counter offer & just move citi field straight up for cheese steaks. 

Only you would recommend making a WORSE trade.

493.jpg

I think I’d keep deGrom. 

Edited by Bandito

A lot of the “instant no” people might be guys that play in .avg leagues.   Harper is pretty much Soto in .obp.   I don’t think it’s an absolute “no”.  degrom only pitched 70 innings last season, so you are  Likely getting 15-20% less of those elite numbers.  If I could replace Castillo with something close but more certain, I’d probably do it myself.