NBC Sports Edge Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 4

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 4

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 4 of the 2021 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Willie Calhoun. 
- Sat 2/3 vs lefties so might be a platoon but he’s led off two of three for Texas 

Dahl also dealing with injury so might have him play more against lhp

Edited by tristan0823

Kolton Wong. A leadoff batter who can offer some pop and is gonna help with steals. Should have better production in that new ballpark and he has already started to produce since being activated. 

• Like 1

If you stream for Wins, German has the Orioles Wednesday. I liked Fulmer until they did what they did today and then saw that he faces Cole and the Yanks this week

• Like 1

Pavin Smith 

With injuries to Tim Locastro, Ketel Marte and Christian Walker, Smith has been an everyday player at the lead off spot and started both doubleheader games on Sunday. He should be eligible in the OF and 1B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Something called Austin Gomber has two decent matchups away from Coors Field

underlying metrics arent too promising and both teams hit LHP well, especially AZ---near the top of the league in a lot of categories so far, surprisingly 

• Thanks 1

He wont be on the WW on every league but in many leagues he's dropped by now..that's a shout out to my boy, Gio Urshela. The Rodney Dangerfield of the Yankees.  Had a HR last night, Yankees facing Orioles without Meanie.    I think he will soon get a bump in the batting order too.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

He wont be on the WW on every league but in many leagues he's dropped by now..that's a shout out to my boy, Gio Urshela. The Rodney Dangerfield of the Yankees.  Had a HR last night, Yankees facing Orioles without Meanie.    I think he will soon get a bump in the batting order too.

Used my #1 waiver on him in a league. I definitely agree with this 

16 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Kolton Wong. A leadoff batter who can offer some pop and is gonna help with steals. Should have better production in that new ballpark and he has already started to produce since being activated. 

Love him, but he has the Marlins and Dodgers pitching this week. Hope he lasts until next week. 

Edited by CardiacDO
16 hours ago, WTP333 said:

If you stream for Wins, German has the Orioles Wednesday. I liked Fulmer until they did what they did today and then saw that he faces Cole and the Yanks this week

I liked Fulmer when I saw him hitting 97 and going 5 innings in one start. Then the Pirates blew him up... and then he only goes 3... and then he faces the Yankees. He's the epitome of a mirage. But if he ever can go 5-6, hey...I'll sign back up.

In leagues that count holds or hld+sv, J.P. Feyereisen of the Brewers has been racking up holds like crazy and has had some great stats: 0.00 ERA, .94 WHIP, 11.2 IP, 11 SO

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, nlm said:

I liked Fulmer when I saw him hitting 97 and going 5 innings in one start. Then the Pirates blew him up... and then he only goes 3... and then he faces the Yankees. He's the epitome of a mirage. But if he ever can go 5-6, hey...I'll sign back up.

In leagues that count holds or hld+sv, J.P. Feyereisen of the Brewers has been racking up holds like crazy and has had some great stats: 0.00 ERA, .94 WHIP, 11.2 IP, 11 SO

now they say fulmer may follow skubal who might open against the yanks. yuck (for QS leagues, etc)

18 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Pavin Smith 

With injuries to Tim Locastro, Ketel Marte and Christian Walker, Smith has been an everyday player at the lead off spot and started both doubleheader games on Sunday. He should be eligible in the OF and 1B.

Another guy I was gonna mention until I saw your post. I just picked him up today... I really like his current outlook. If he keeps performing, I don't see the DBags benching him once they start getting pieces back. He's been hitting the ball well and some of the reported exit velocity is fantastic. Really good speculative add--even if it may be short-term.

Alex Dickerson isn't the sexiest name (no pun intended...seriously), but if Yaz is to miss time (likely) he would see an increase in playing time. He has 3 HR and 9 RBI, but most of his other stats aren't great. Still... if you need a 3rd or in some leagues, 5th OF... and you're 14+ teams deep... he's a guy to consider. Has streaks now and then.

26 minutes ago, fingy said:

Brent Rooker is worth a star in deeper lgs.

Didnt even know he was up

Whats Rookers deal? I was trying to do some reading about him.

Anyone got a feel for his long term potential? Dynasty league material?

12 hours ago, CardiacDO said:

Love him, but he has the Marlins and Dodgers pitching this week. Hope he lasts until next week. 

Wong faced a very tough pitcher in Trevor Rogers and still went 3/4.  His bat is hot right now.   With 2B having a lot of speculative adds, I would take a flier on Wong who is not only leading off, but for a decent squad when Yelich returns.  Plus the pop and speed combo is too hard to ignore. 

• Like 1

Tyler Anderson's been sneaky good. 

Could be a decent stream today at home vs KC.

SSS but they own 232 wOBA vs LHP too. Though one caveat is that they've been heating up.

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Alex Wood tomorrow at home against Colorado. Col has scored 7 runs in 11 away games, I think.

You should all start SF pitchers at home until further notice 

For the savvy owners in leagues with NA slot, Spencer Howard is someone you can stash now for free.

With the Phillies starters struggling early, they recently sent Howard down to stretch him out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Josh Rojas he is only 14% own in Yahoo. For guys that are struggling with 2B, such as owning Hiura, Lux and Happ or Dylan Moore this is a perfect guy to pick up.

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic