NBC Sports Edge Forums

Whitlock or Bukauskas?   

2 members have voted

1. 1. SV/HLD league, who do you think gets more HLD chances?

• G. Whitlock
    • J.B Bukauskas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2021 at 06:59 AM

Obviously JB in a more traditional 1-inning role would figure to get a few more holds, but you want Whitlock anyway. The SP/RP eligibility is nice, his ratios are killer and much higher volume, and he has a decent chance to move into the rotation. You can find a guy with total SV+H through streaming and I wouldn't prefer JB over a ton of other relievers for this purpose. Whitlock has upside in other areas you're overlooking beyond the obvious ERA/WHIP advantages. Heck, JB could get sent to the minors if he's bad, Whitlock is rule 5 and locked into that team all season.

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Obviously JB in a more traditional 1-inning role would figure to get a few more holds, but you want Whitlock anyway. The SP/RP eligibility is nice, his ratios are killer and much higher volume, and he has a decent chance to move into the rotation. You can find a guy with total SV+H through streaming and I wouldn't prefer JB over a ton of other relievers for this purpose. Whitlock has upside in other areas you're overlooking beyond the obvious ERA/WHIP advantages. Heck, JB could get sent to the minors if he's bad, Whitlock is rule 5 and locked into that team all season.

Oh I like the rule 5 angle.