NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4/27 - GAME DAY THREAD

I wish Josh Bell would go back on the injured list since getting nothing out of that roster spot would be more valuable than the nothing plus destruction of my batting average that he’s currently producing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

The guys on mlb tonight are debating who they would rather have going forward in their careers since they are the same age between Freeman and Rizzo..are you kidding me? 🤣🤣

I think the ex players turned commentators tend to be a little more diplomatic over say 'mad' dogg russo who has all the hot takes.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Giolito..LOL

Guess Chicago has no bullpen? Giolito is done but left in the game for well over 100 pitches. After the last outing they should have taken him out on a good note. LaRussa sucks

16 hours ago, mks said:

OK Giolito you owe us big time now get it done today.

16 hrs later: FU Giolito. rot in hell you pile of dog squeeze

• Haha 1

Nooooooooooooo!

Jazz Chisholm has been diagnosed with a strained left hamstring.

Chisholm suffered the hamstring strain while running the bases in the top of the first inning Tuesday night against the Brewers and is presumably going to require a stay on the 10-day injured list. He singled, stole a base, and scored a run before exiting, giving him a .290 average, .926 OPS, seven steals, and 11 runs in 21 games this year. Jose Devers took over at second base for the Marlins in the bottom of the first.

Source: Christina De Nicola on Twitter              Apr 27, 2021, 8:41 PM ET

Statcast kept showing pitch after pitch well in the zone being called balls, I can't watch the game, but regardless he should have been yanked after walking Castro who he had 0-2... LaRussa  is a hack past his prime. It's inexcusable he was left in, especially when it was a repeat of his recent meltdown. When Giolito goes bad, he's a prisoner of his own mind and emotions. Just Tuuurrrible all the way around.