Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4/28 - GAME DAY THREAD


Recommended Posts

saw someone post something from twitter that stated that he was dealing with the yips, which is why the Padres have been quiet on him. Seems to have lost some of his stuff and they are trying to figure out how to get it back. He's not ready,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Is buxton a first rounder now? 

You really going to put him in the group with Trout Soto Acuna Betts Turner Story and Tatis based on this SSS?  I put him in the Judge Stanton Alverez   group about  Rds 3 or 4  The  high risk high reward group

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, blink said:

 

Ya, everyone here has seen that tweet by now. But nobody has heard from or confirmed the actual source. Are the minor league camps closed to scouts? That tweet implies it's been an issue for the past year, but if it's true, it seems strange that it wouldn't leak until now

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Staumont gets it done. 

Imagine he gets thirty saves nice.

I didn't really realize how well the Royals were doing, at 15-8 after tonight's win. I think this early hot start is why we're seeing this switch to Staumont, and they would have been happy to let Holland go out there if they were middling along, but its a good opportunity for a team still looking for some key hitters to get in the groove.

Edited by Richard Kimble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, blink said:

 

Am I missing something? Who is Andy Patton? Is he a beat writer for the SD team or is it just a mommy boy living in the basement? 

Let's be real here, everyone can claim that "I heard a reliable source" If he is a beat writer and knows inside knowledge then yes, I can trust his twitter. 

Like for example I can make a claim right now. "I've heard from a "reliable source" that Wander Franco will be up in 2021. From the reliable source, it could be June or maybe September" 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Ya, everyone here has seen that tweet by now. But nobody has heard from or confirmed the actual source. Are the minor league camps closed to scouts? That tweet implies it's been an issue for the past year, but if it's true, it seems strange that it wouldn't leak until now

 

 

Are you seriously expecting the GM to come out and say their top pitching prospect has the yips? That's not going to happen. It could be from scouts or it could easily be reports from a front office person who wants to stay anonymous.

5 minutes ago, acunajrmvp said:

Am I missing something? Who is Andy Patton? Is he a beat writer for the SD team or is it just a mommy boy living in the basement? 

Let's be real here, everyone can claim that "I heard a reliable source" If he is a beat writer and knows inside knowledge then yes, I can trust his twitter. 

Like for example I can make a claim right now. "I've heard from a "reliable source" that Wander Franco will be up in 2021. From the reliable source, it could be June or maybe September" 

Patton is a writer with pitcherlist and there's not really any reason to think he's making things up. Whether you want to believe this is an accurate issue is up to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Are you seriously expecting the GM to come out and say their top pitching prospect has the yips? That's not going to happen. It could be from scouts or it could easily be reports from a front office person who wants to stay anonymous.

Patton is a writer with pitcherlist and there's not really any reason to think he's making things up. Whether you want to believe this is an accurate issue is up to you.

LOL some online website guy with no hard creds puts out an undocumented rumor on Twitter and people go around "amplifying" it online???  Yep that about fits with how people act these days just believing anything they see online.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Are you seriously expecting the GM to come out and say their top pitching prospect has the yips? That's not going to happen.

What in the world makes you think I would ever expect the GM to talk about something like this? I literally said "are minor league camps closed to scouts?", because there is absolutely no way this could stay quiet for a YEAR if it were true and scouts saw him throwing. 

 

So again, has Gore not thrown at all in the past year with anyone outside the org in attendance??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Bukauskas, that's the end of him. Turdtastic outing. 

Ya he got bukauski'ed.

Back to the trash heap. He was not close to a CL shot based on usage anyway, and tonight's debacle seals it. Weakest ball was still hit 92mph.

----

At least Graveman's grip looks more secure. Montero blows it.

Edited by papasmurf
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wood was absolutely dominating through 6, then in the 7th he allows a walk, a bloop pop up base hit, an infield hit, and a sqibber off the end of the bat that goes for a hit.

 

Leaves the game after allowing the 1 run, but bases loaded and no outs.

Edited by cs3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...