NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Saquon Barkley 2021 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

I’ve been burned by this dude 2 years in a row. Last year his injury probably cost me a championship. And yet, I can’t fade the man. He’s just too damn talented 

It’s called the David Johnson syndrome 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 11:17 PM, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

I don't like the giants teams offense. Even before his injury it's the giants.

Yeah, the Giants sucked last year but there were circumstances.  Mostly -  a first year head coach, crappy o-line (with their starting LT already gone due to opting out) and no true #1 receiving option to stretch the field leaving everyone to basically focus of stopping Saquon. 

They have since signed Golladay and drafted Tooney - 2 weapons which should help keep opposing D's honest.  Also fired the o-line coach and got Nate Solder back.  The Giants' O is due for an improvement this year. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, nk2333 said:

Also fired the o-line coach and got Nate Solder back.  The Giants' O is due for an improvement this year. 

This Nate Solder? I love Barkley but coming off the ACL and the bad offense, his going price is too high for my blood. 

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports Giants OT Nate Solder will battle for a roster spot this summer. 

Solder in May restructured his contract after opting out of the 2020 season. Now 33, Solder could be a backup if he cracks the Giants' final roster, Raanan reports. With Andrew Thomas, the fourth pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, functioning as New York's blindside protector, Solder could conceivably be moved to the right side of the line. 

Edited by trilly
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, trilly said:

This Nate Solder? I love Barkley but coming off the ACL and the bad offense, his going price is too high for my blood. 

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports Giants OT Nate Solder will battle for a roster spot this summer. 

Solder in May restructured his contract after opting out of the 2020 season. Now 33, Solder could be a backup if he cracks the Giants' final roster, Raanan reports. With Andrew Thomas, the fourth pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, functioning as New York's blindside protector, Solder could conceivably be moved to the right side of the line. 

LOL.. Funny that was just posted today..  Ok , but still that's just speculation since he's older and hasn't played last season. Not saying he's a top olineman or anything, just that they need a veteran presence there  and depth and it helps the offense.  The move to RT makes more sense.  

Edited by nk2333

6 hours ago, nk2333 said:

Yeah, the Giants sucked last year but there were circumstances.  Mostly -  a first year head coach, crappy o-line (with their starting LT already gone due to opting out) and no true #1 receiving option to stretch the field leaving everyone to basically focus of stopping Saquon. 

They have since signed Golladay and drafted Tooney - 2 weapons which should help keep opposing D's honest.  Also fired the o-line coach and got Nate Solder back.  The Giants' O is due for an improvement this year. 

Jones still the QB?

On 5/2/2021 at 8:33 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

He will be all right 

38 Iconic Moments From 'Arrested Development' That Even The Never-Nudes  Will Enjoy - Memebase - Funny Memes

I cant get behind drafting Barkley in the top half of the first round even if he has an Adrian Peterson-like recovery where it seems that he didnt lose any of that impressive athleticism. That offense is a mess and adding more capable receivers this offseason is not going to make the giants rely more on Barkley, where his usage has been maddening at times. Too many risks for me to take the plunge on him this year at that price.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, Gohawks said:

First overall confirmed 

DAMN!!! 😳😳

Went alll in on him last year a wasted pick but uhh….. thinking bout running that back again lol lol

Giants announced Thursday that they place Saquon Barkley (knee) on the PUP list.

Barkley was expected to begin camp on the PUP list, with the Giants not rushing him back from his ACL injury last season. Barkley still looks likely to play in Week 1, although he may not be ready to handle his typical workload from the outset. His status will be monitored closely throughout training camp.

Jul 22, 2021, 5:04 PM ET

2 hours ago, nk2333 said:

We'll have to see what news comes out as we get closer to the season but the Giants signing Alf is not a good sign.  I'm staying away unless i'm drafting at the end of the first round. 

I'm staying away there also, let it be someone else's headache. 

This guy could ruin your season as a first round pick. With Adams/Hill or RB like Aaron Jones on the board, I don't know why you'd take the risk. Let someone using an old draft rankings list pick him in the first.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Haha 1

I will gladly take him in the back half of the first round, or at the turn or early second round. Think he's ready to start the season but will be managed and eased into his regular full time role by October. Draft depth at RB and you should be good to go. JMHO...

Giants head coach Joe Judge said Saquon Barkley (ACL) is "making tangible progress" toward returning to practice. 

Barkley, coming off an ACL tear that cost him almost the entire 2020 season, still isn't practicing but could join his teammates soon. "Saquon is making a lot of strides," Judge said. "He's making tangible progress. We're mirroring his rehab to the tempo and workload of the players who are practicing." Barkley on Monday was taking handoffs from the Giants' training staff, remaining to the side of the team's training camp practice. Barkley, whose Week 1 status will likely remain iffy throughout August, is slipping into the second round of 12-team drafts. Newly signed Alfred Morris and Devontae Booker should split carries early in the season if Barkley isn't ready to go.

Source: NFL.com
Aug 2, 2021, 10:34 AM ET