NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shane McClanahan 2021 Outlook

Really excited about this kid. From recent reports he was supposed to go 4 innings in his most recent start so I would imagine something similar is in play tomorrow. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really think the Rays will trade him?

Got a gut feeling he's a must add (in deeper leagues) before he takes off. Speaks volumes that Rays want him to pitch as a starter and not as opener/middle innings reliever. We'll see how he looks tomorrow.

"For all the pitching we have in this organization, he's right at the top of the list, for good reason." - Kevin Cash, last June.

Had 3 scoreless innings this spring with 7 strikeouts.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

If he pitches well, does he stick? Or do you think its a one time call up for now?

It's the Rays so I don't ever have a ton of confidence in predicting what they'll do, but yeah, if he shoves I think he stays up. The fact that they see him as a traditional starter makes me think they wouldn't call him up just for a one off. They could either go 6 man for a while or those Rich Hill/Michael Wacha spots are just begging to be taken. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Does Shane O'Mac have the ability to go Coast to Coast each game? How's the MPH on this dude? Hopefully he will be money. 

2019 he threw around 120 innings over 22 starts so up until COVID 2020 he was getting pretty stretched out

EDIT: Struck out 154 batters in those 120 innings ❤️ 

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Add and ask questions later. 101 from the left side...madness.

In a perfect world he and Patino SHOULD both be in the rotation as traditional starters under any other manager.  Those two plus Glasnow should be their top three pitchers the rest of the year.  Hill and Wacha to the bullpen and Archer never seen again once he comes off the IL.  But you know ... Cash.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

In a perfect world he and Patino SHOULD both be in the rotation as traditional starters under any other manager.  Those two plus Glasnow should be their top three pitchers the rest of the year.  Hill and Wacha to the bullpen and Archer never seen again once he comes off the IL.  But you know ... Cash.

You like Fleming as the no.5 over Hill/Wacha/Archer?

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

You like Fleming as the no.5 over Hill/Wacha/Archer?

Don't know that much about him at all but Hill is cooked and TB should never have brought back Archer.  Don't know why they brought him back.  Wacha is the wild card.  Can TB fix him?  Frankly I'd like to see Joe Ryan called up sooner than later myself.  Anyway TB has the arms as usual.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DarinB300 said:

Think he sticks in the rotation?

I think he will stick as a 4-5 inning guy whether he starts or Bulk is fluid though. Zero chance they limit him to 1-2 inning appearances IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well Luis Patino was scheduled to start tomorrow but they brought him in to relieve McClanahan today.  Maybe those two will piggyback for awhile.  Patino is a definite future starter that SD used as a reliever some last year (he was the main "get" in the Snell trade) so maybe TB will use him that way for at least a while too since "arm needs to be stretched out while limiting innings yadda yadda" double-speak stuff.  So if McClanahan is already stretched a bit more he may start and/or open.