NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ian Anderson 2021 Outlook

• tonycpsu changed the title to Ian Anderson 2021 Outlook
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Quietly emerged as the ace of the Braves staff, with up and down seasons from the likes of Morton, Smyly and Fried and the loss of Soroka. He's got 59ks in 55 innings, 4 wins and 3.23/1.25 numbers that will play in any league. Walking a few too many guys but hasn't given up many HRS (6 through 10 starts) so he looks like he should be a solid #2-3 type starter on fantasy squads.

Still, the Braves team has been in a funk, maybe this is why nobody has taken much notice of him. The bullpen has been iffy, but they've gotten help from the 5th starter trio of Davidson/Wilson/I'm drawing a blank I know there's another dude; the point is I think they'll morph that trio into a 6th rotation spot to start limiting innings. The top 3 guys have shown signs of life lately, and the Braves are under .500 so they will need to lean on Anderson to get back into it. I haven't paid attention to it, but are they lining him up as the #1 guy on the depth charts. I think he can get over 180 innings at this point. I imagine those who drafted him have nothing to complain about. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
Edit-Kyle Wright is "other dude" lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

If you are in a league where Ian Anderson isn't owned you need to leave it and move up to some regular leagues asap.

I was high on him to start the season, but he has been a disappointment. His whip is not good and his K/BB ratio is not good either and he isn't striking out 1 per inning. More of a streamer this year in redraft. keeper league is a different story

• Like 1