NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4/29 GAME DAY THREAD

VERY DEEP LEAGUE ALERT

Brett Phillips seems to be getting a lot of starts against righties (and even a lefty!), is smoking the ball right now and is a major stolen base threat (had 6 in 60 PA last year, already 3 this year in about 40)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

of course he finally has a game where he goes 5 with run support

good to see he didnt have that 1 bad inning (so far) as well

He needs run support to get leash past the 5th, but I think if he can turn in a few more outings like this they'll give him more freedom. Hopefully up for good now.

Can Jake Marisnick be mixed league relevant? He could find himself with plenty of playing time as the Cubs fall into mediocrity and trade away their entire team. 

14 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Ozuna, what a clown. Stand there and admire your HR when you're getting your a** kicked 6-2

he was in a brief paralyzed state of shock he acctully hit one

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sleepysock said:

This is the only Dylan Cease start I have seen where he didn't have major command issues. If it isn't an anomaly, man, his stuff is ridiculous.

52 pitches, 11 balls. That's an inning worth of pitches outside the strike zone most nights for him

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

It's easy to throw strikes when you are against the Tigers.  What's the worst they're going to do, swing and miss?

Cease is usually loathe to throw even a 3-0 fastball anywhere near the plate. The fact that he's dotting the corners with wicked breaking stuff is a pretty significant development if this isn't a one-off performance from him.

Edited by sleepysock

19 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

It's easy to throw strikes when you are against the Tigers.  What's the worst they're going to do, swing and miss?

Unless your name is Giolito and you take that L

Could this be the first game Vaughn starts to overtake Yermin in a hurry before our eyes?  3/3 and a BA up to .279 at the moment.  Mercedes 0/3.  This could be the game the tide turns...

I typed this up and Mercedes hit a HR as I did lol.  Still posted it because it was too funny not to.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Could this be the first game Vaughn starts to overtake Yermin in a hurry before our eyes?  3/3 and a BA up to .279 at the moment.  Mercedes 0/3.  This could be the game the tide turns...

I typed this up and Mercedes hit a HR as I did lol.  Still posted it because it was too funny not to.

He sensed this disrespect from you and decided to launch one into space.

Nevertheless, dude is still hitting well over .420 with one of the lowest k-rates of any slugger in the game. Yermin ain't goin' nowhere.

Edited by sleepysock
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

spectacular start from cease but did anyone actually trust him to start him

if you can't trust to start him vs the tigers at home then why own him?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mks said:

if you can't trust to start him vs the tigers at home then why own him?

Someone in my league is stashing him in the hope that he breaks out but hasn't started him yet this year out of fear, lol. DIdn't start him tonight.

• Like 1