NBC Sports Edge Forums

So dude has earned it, thought I would make his final outlook thread

On a side not 5 HR and 12 ribeyes are not to bad to start the year and I would say he is startable in most 12 man leagues at Ci at least and he is playing more than most thought at the moment

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For ten ******** years, many Angel fans believed that Pujols was owed something mystical and magical for what he produced with the Cardinals.   The Angels paid the man a quarter of a billion doll

Cardinals fans got lucky. THey got all of Pujols great seasons and the Angels were the ones left footing the bill for it

Pride is a hell of a drug 

4 minutes ago, cad300 said:

Marsh or Adell coming up?

I was wondering the same thing.

The timing seems odd unless there's another move forthcoming.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

As an Angels fan, I hate to see him go like this, but he was dead weight.

I agree, but I feel the Angels did him dirty. Why not let him finish the year, his contract is up at the end of the season. I think he deserves more respect than an early release. 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm thinking the Angels told Pujols he wasn't going to play everyday and then Pujols asked for his release. 

I was just reading that. I know how he wants to play, but.... how can he be in a position now to basically demand that with his crappy play.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Herndw01 said:

I agree, but I feel the Angels did him dirty. Why not let him finish the year, his contract is up at the end of the season. I think he deserves more respect than an early release. 

It seems as if he was complaining about not starting against Yarbrough. The nerve of the guy to complain about being sat down with how bad he has been over the last few years is mind boggling. As an Angel fan, Pujols can rot. 

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, Herndw01 said:

Because they are trying to win games, not make old men feel good about themselves?

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Herndw01 said:

I agree. People acting like he is dead weight is ridiculous. In his last full season (2019), he went 23/93/.244 and started with a pretty decent 2021 so far. Throw some respect for the future HOF'er and let him call some shots to end his career. I hope he signs a one year contract in STL and ends where he belongs.

• Like 1

I doubt he will get a serious look with that $30 million dollar contract for the season, unless whomever picks him up gets the Angels to pay for it...

1 minute ago, posty said:

I doubt he will get a serious look with that $30 million dollar contract for the season, unless whomever picks him up gets the Angels to pay for it...

By releasing him (as opposed to him retiring) aren't the Angels still responsible for the rest of his contract? They're just freeing up a roster spot. 

1 minute ago, posty said:

He was DFA, so if he clears he can either be released or sent to the minors. My money is on a straight release. If he signs elsewhere then Angels are on the hook for the difference between his contract with them and whatever the other team signs him for 

• Like 2
Just now, Mikewastaken said:

By releasing him (as opposed to him retiring) aren't the Angels still responsible for the rest of his contract? They're just freeing up a roster spot. 

I believe they still have to pay him and then he could sign somewhere else and the other team doesn't have to pay his contract with the angels. but someone can correct me if I am wrong. I bet he signs a one day contract with the cardinals and retires that way.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

It seems as if he was complaining about not starting against Yarbrough. The nerve of the guy to complain about being sat down with how bad he has been over the last few years is mind boggling. As an Angel fan, Pujols can rot. 

He's 6/9 against Yarbrough. I'm all for him getting cut, but if he was ever going to play, Yarbrough seems like someone you'd roll him out to face.

There's no way this is how the Pujols story ends. An announcement that he's signing with Cardinals has got to be soon.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, posty said:

That's the way it works, in case you aren't kidding.

The team that he signs with need only pay him the minimum, the Angels pay the rest (nobody is taking on any portion of that contract).

Edited by Overlord