NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Dare I ask what will May bring?

Dustin May is starting he not getting any saves.

• Haha 2

Presley and Chapman with the first saves of May. Now Kimbrel on for the save opp with 2 on and no out. Runners at the corners 😬 

Everyone else, take notes.  Kimbrel just showed what it means to be a real closer.  Gets into trouble, buckles down and makes it happen.  Top 5 closer rest of season, don't @ me 

• Haha 1

Those speculating on Doolittle in Cincy. He pitched in the 6th of a tied game after Castillo put 2 on and there was a Lefty due up. Seems he is more the high leverage lefty arm that will get the save chances based on Sims/Antone rest and maybe if there’s multiple lefties due up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Is he the “closer”?

No, but some people are wondering if he's going to take over for Reyes at some point. A long-term injury would spike that idea. 

• Like 2

If this Lawrence guy for the Rockies had any kind of control. He could be one worth stashing. Hitting 100 with movement.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Irrelevant 

Okay sorry master. Not saying it’s a changing of the guards in LA, but it’s a weird move by Roberts. They are playing the Brewers.. it’s not like there is so scary heart of the order to bring Kenley in the 8th for. 

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Is he the “closer”?

Yea, never any “next in line” speculation in the closer thread. Come on man.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

Okay sorry master. Not saying it’s a changing of the guards in LA, but it’s a weird move by Roberts. They are playing the Brewers.. it’s not like there is so scary heart of the order to bring Kenley in the 8th for. 

I think it’s just the Dodgers being the Dodgers. Could be Analytics saying that was optimum spot, Jansen did blow his last opp and no work since Monday maybe Roberts was just throwing him a bone for his confidence giving him the 6-7-8 hitters 

Doolittle got the 6th today and now Sims is on for the 7th. Could it be you know who for the 8th and 9th?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wallscrapers said:

Sims is definitely not the guy.

Announcers were pointing out how often he has to look into his hat to get the signs and suggesting its mostly nerves/forgetfulness that causes it. I've noticed a lot of it across baseball with relievers checking the signs & slowing the game down, perhaps its also paranoia stemming from the Astros scandal. Sims first got away with a hanging breaking ball against Baez that he ripped deep but foul, and then made a mistake on the next pitch leaving a FB in the middle of the zone for Baez to crush. Bell was at the top step of the dugout already. 

I wonder who Antone will provide a save opportunity for