NBC Sports Edge Forums

Posted (edited)

Reyes is taking over for Gallegos in the 8th. Going as well as you'd expect.

Edited by itaos
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Dolis to the IL

Hmmm this is interesting. I'd venture to say that if Romano doesn't take the reigns now he never will. 

17 minutes ago, itaos said:

Reyes is taking over for Gallegos in the 8th. Going as well as you'd expect.

The positive (if there is one) is that Reyes only competition did even worse. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The positive (if there is one) is that Reyes only competition did even worse. 

I'd classify the 5 out save Reyes recorded as a positive. Everyone proclaiming him the next to lose his job is real silent now. This outing should end all the speculation, it's his job.  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hand is doubling down on the blown save. Twice now in same game. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Diekman looking to blow my Montas win and Trivino save all in one fail swoop!!

🤣🤣

Trivino bails him out

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Diekman looking to blow my Montas win and Trivino save all in one fail swoop!!

🤣🤣

Lou comes in to clean up the Diekman mess with a strikeout to end the 8th

21 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I'd classify the 5 out save Reyes recorded as a positive. Everyone proclaiming him the next to lose his job is real silent now. This outing should end all the speculation, it's his job.  

Agreed. He finished strong. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

He was never in danger of losing the job aside from the Hicks comment opening day. 

His walk rate is atrocious and given enough innings, will bite him and his owners. The list of successful pitchers with a bb/9 > 5 is not worth discussing. He should correct but we'll see. Still a good sell high candidate objectively factoring in his injury history.

Edited by itaos
Posted (edited)

"Romano seems like an obvious add but he hasn’t done **** saves wise."

Last night I decided to drop Dolis for Romano. I figured he'd either hit the IL or be out long enough to lose the drop. And I couldn't just let Romano sit there.

Edited by Fiveohnine
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

"Romano seems like an obvious add but he hasn’t done **** saves wise."

Last night I decided to drop Dolis for Romano. I figured he'd either hit the IL or be out long enough to lose the drop. And I couldn't just let Romano sit there.

Well he's in there pitching the 8th with a 5-3 lead so looks like another Montoyo curveball is coming our way. Chatwood pitched the 6th & 7th, too. Romano gave up a run on a Bregman double, we'll see if they plan to squeeze 2 innings out of him. I keep meaning to comment on how strange his pitching motion is, looks exhausting, he goes into a full on squat every time he goes into his motion, its one of the weirder ones I've seen. 

Edited by Richard Kimble

Unfortunately for the saves crowd, no clarity on the Jays tonight  with Marcus Semien hitting a 3-R HR to make it a 4 run lead in the 8th inning. Romano going out for the 9th having thrown 16 pitches or so already seemed dicey, but we'll never know. Travis Bergen pitched the 9th, so its looking like Montoyo might be going with a full-on committee. 

There's a lot of talk about the Jays' bullpen mess, and obviously the injury situation is absurd up there (actually down there, I forgot they're in Dunedin).

But before Dolis' calf injury, the roles actually seemed pretty clear, with Romano as the fireman and Dolis as a more-or-less traditional closer. And god knows Dolis doesn't have elite stuff but he's getting the job done. I don't understand why e.g. Closermonkey had Romano as the closer even before the injury. And they weren't saving Romano for the 9th with a 1-run lead yesterday.

If Dolis' injury is minor/day-to-day, as beat writers are saying, why would we expect the roles to change once he's back?