NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Funny discovery on Yahoo, if you look under Research in the main page you will find their "Closer Depth Chart"; it has not been updated since 2017. Iglesias is still in CIN, Hand is still in CLE, Colome still in for the White Sox, etc., and guys like Yates, LeClerc, Giles and monumental pieces of human garbage Osuna and the former closer in PIT are still listed. Interesting too which names are still in place-Neris, Chapman, Kimbrel, Hader, Diaz, Jansen, Barnes. Didn't really want to post this under Platforms, just thought it would be a funny thing to peek at if anyone is interested. 

It reminds me of a post I made on this (well when it was rotoworld) forum about the in season Rotoword top 200 or whatever (mind you for the paid sub too) having guys who were out of the game, and weren't even rostered by a team, ranked at like 155.   

3 hours ago, dicka24 said:

It reminds me of a post I made on this (well when it was rotoworld) forum about the in season Rotoword top 200 or whatever (mind you for the paid sub too) having guys who were out of the game, and weren't even rostered by a team, ranked at like 155.   

Those rankings were literally a COMPLETE joke month in and month out

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Melancon nails down a 5 out saves for the Padres, his ERA/WHIP are each at around half of 1. You can't really give up half a hit or half a walk in an inning; you either do or don't. Think about that. 

Should see Pomeranz in the bottom half of the DH in any save spot.

Edited by Richard Kimble
2 hours ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Dolis is throwing a bullpen session on Friday, for us poor unfortunate souls who are so desperate that we have to watch the Jays' situation...

when is he eligible to come off the IL?  how long after throwing a bullpen - assuming all goes well - would a player usually be able to come back?

6 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

when is he eligible to come off the IL?  how long after throwing a bullpen - assuming all goes well - would a player usually be able to come back?

Reading the tea leaves: the Jays were debating whether or not to even put him on the 10 day DL, so I’m guessing he is back after the minimum 10 days. 

Whether he gets save opps off the bat, or Charlie Montoyo sticks with Romano, that’s a different story.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Melancon nails down a 5 out saves for the Padres, his ERA/WHIP are each at around half of 1. You can't really give up half a hit or half a walk in an inning; you either do or don't. Think about that. 

Should see Pomeranz in the bottom half of the DH in any save spot.

Chapman has 0 era, 0.6 whip and twice as many Ks in one less IP, but melancon beats him by 3 saves. 

4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Reading the tea leaves: the Jays were debating whether or not to even put him on the 10 day DL, so I’m guessing he is back after the minimum 10 days. 

Whether he gets save opps off the bat, or Charlie Montoyo sticks with Romano, that’s a different story.

Seems like Montoyo has been doing everything possible to NOT make Romano the closer (first Merryweather and then Dolis), but you’re right, we’ll have to wait and find out. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Seems like Montoyo has been doing everything possible to NOT make Romano the closer (first Merryweather and then Dolis), but you’re right, we’ll have to wait and find out. 

Yeah, for all the talk of a CBC, the Jays were using Dolis more or less as a traditional closer for a couple weeks before the injury, and he was dong fine. I think it's likelier than not they put him back there, though certainly not a sure thing.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Yeah, for all the talk of a CBC, the Jays were using Dolis more or less as a traditional closer for a couple weeks before the injury, and he was dong fine. I think it's likelier than not they put him back there, though certainly not a sure thing.

I’m thinking this too.  Although they might ease Dolis back in a low leverage spot for his first outing. 

1 hour ago, pbjfb said:

Chapman has 0 era, 0.6 whip and twice as many Ks in one less IP, but melancon beats him by 3 saves. 

Melancon was free almost everywhere though

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Time to drop Brad Hand? This guy looks toast 

Don't worry! He just got frustrated Cutch wouldn't K so he hit him. 

Sign of a Champion.

Edited by SuperJoint
16 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

As a trivino owner, it was a fun and free ride while it lasted, but I think Diek may be taking over as the clear cut closer

They had Lou facing JD, bogaerts, devers (2 righties)

It’s may be time to add Daniel Hudson for some of us. His own% will probably start shooting up from 1.7% very soon. 

1 hour ago, pbjfb said:

They had Lou facing JD, bogaerts, devers (2 righties)

I hate to say it (as a Trivino owner) but I think Diekman is the preferred option for the 9th.  Yesterday they had Verdugo, JD, Bogaerts due up and it was Diekman in the 9th.  Trivino has given up at least one hit in 9 of his last 10 appearances and averaging a walk per appearance this month.  While I think he still will get rare save opps going forward, I don't think it will be the anything close to the 50/50 it has been.