• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I wonder who Antone will provide a save opportunity for

The Cubs? 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

How do you walk Tony freaking Walters with a 4-run lead? If anyone needs me I’ll be out getting my cell phone repaired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)

garrett was in for the 10th and got 2 outs and cubs brought up arrieta to pinch hit for reliever Chafin, and bell pulled garrett bc he was lefty and he wanted a righty (ryan hendrix) to face a pitcher who was pinch hitting!  if bell doesnt trust garrett to get a pitcher out, doesn't bode well for him to get the closer role any time soon. 

Edited by swingbatter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Graveman in for the Ms in the 8th with a 2-0 lead, continuing the pattern of alternating saves between Montero and Graveman in Seattle. Let's just hope they don't decide to throw Misiewicz into the mix at some point as well, as he has been very good since returning to the mound, and the committee heads have been useful to date. 

Is this year's Reds bullpen the 2nd coming of the Nasty Boys or perhaps a newer version of the Bad Boys?

18 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Graveman in for the Ms in the 8th with a 2-0 lead, continuing the pattern of alternating saves between Montero and Graveman in Seattle. Let's just hope they don't decide to throw Misiewicz into the mix at some point as well, as he has been very good since returning to the mound, and the committee heads have been useful to date. 

No doubt who they trust more..gravedigger called upon in the 8th to face the heart of the lineup..trout, rendon and Walsh 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Bard doing his thing...can't find the plate.

Id stash Stephenson then Lawrence. Skip over Givens, I don't see that working out at all

1 minute ago, tristan0823 said:

We ready to say Trivino is the guy in Oakland? 
He’s now 5/5 in save opps

He's the preferred option but won't get all the opportunities 70/30 split? I mean they coudnt run him out every day when they won 11 in a row. And I think they have used him to face the tougher outs and let Diekman take the 9th.

Just now, tristan0823 said:

We ready to say Trivino is the guy in Oakland? 
He’s now 5/5 in save opps

As a trivino owner, the answer is still no

matchups will for the time being determine him or diekman..although they trust him more than diek, kinda like the Mariners scenario with Montero and Gravedigger

4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

As a trivino owner, the answer is still no

matchups will for the time being determine him or diekman..although they trust him more than diek, kinda like the Mariners scenario with Montero and Gravedigger

If they are going to use Diekman as the Lefty out of the pen, then it should leave the lion share of Opportunities for Lou, no? 

Out of the their last 7 save opportunities Lou been available to pitch in 6 of them and got 5. Along with pitching the top of the ninth in a tied in another game so that’s 6/8 times being used as the closer. Diekman has only been used twice, once when Lou not available. And the first save was against 3 Righties so not even a Lefty thing. 

28 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Id stash Stephenson then Lawrence. Skip over Givens, I don't see that working out at all

what about estevez?  he has the most recent save for the rockies, and if I recall, closed out some games for them a few years ago.

25 minutes ago, Wallscrapers said:

He's the preferred option but won't get all the opportunities 70/30 split? I mean they coudnt run him out every day when they won 11 in a row. And I think they have used him to face the tougher outs and let Diekman take the 9th.

This is exactly my take as well, 70% is dead on since Diekman's left-handedness will mean a few 9th inning matchups are reserved for him.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Raise your hand if you had Mark Melancon and Ian Kennedy amongst the top 5 closers this year.

Don't forget McGee, Trivino and Reyes.  I paid up to get  Diaz, Hendrik and I am grossly behind in saves

Edited by mks

Probably been mentioned before, but Camilo Doval in SF may be someone to keep an eye on and worth a watchlist add. Throws a 99 mph fastball and a filthy slider and has been used at the end of games. If anything happens to McGee it's possible he would get the most save opps rather than Rogers. 

His control has been suspect through his minor league career but his SwStr% has always been insane - his stuff is great. If he can get the walk rate to an even average level, he might really take off

• Like 1