NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Hmm...seems like we may have yet another changing of the guard. Anyone disagree with the idea of Robles now being the guy in Minnesota?

Still a fluid situation at the moment I’m sure..just added in a save starved high dollar roto league after putting pollock on the IL..if it doesn’t pan out then no biggie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Still a fluid situation at the moment I’m sure..just added in a save starved high dollar roto league after putting pollock on the IL..if it doesn’t pan out then no biggie

Yeah, it's not definitive. But as you and @80version pointed out, the other guys were available and but weren't used to close things out. I guess it's possible Robles was already warming up in the 8th when they took the lead and they left him in. Can anyone who watched say if he was already loose? 

12 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Hmm...seems like we may have yet another changing of the guard. Anyone disagree with the idea of Robles now being the guy in Minnesota?

I think their goal has always been to have a righty as the primary closer with Rogers used more situationally.

There hasn’t been much info to gather lately since the Twins have been losing a lot, but I suspect Robles will get most of the save opps, with Rogers stealing a few here or there based on matchups.

• Like 1

Rogers was warming and ready in the pen for most of the 9th while Robles was pitching. Robles allowed just the one hit, and I imagine Rogers would have been in if Robles had allowed a second baserunner. It's also worth noting that Robles faced the bottom of the order in the 9th. 

Rogers is clearly the best arm in the pen and will be utilized in the highest leverage situations which may or may not come in the 9th inning. My best guess is that Robles is something like 50% of a closer moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Fulmer again used as a closer

Fwiw it's a tie game in the ninth in case anyone isn't watching. Yeah, he's being used where the closer normally is, but it's not quite the same as actually closing the game out. 

51 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Rogers was warming and ready in the pen for most of the 9th while Robles was pitching. Robles allowed just the one hit, and I imagine Rogers would have been in if Robles had allowed a second baserunner. It's also worth noting that Robles faced the bottom of the order in the 9th. 

Rogers is clearly the best arm in the pen and will be utilized in the highest leverage situations which may or may not come in the 9th inning. My best guess is that Robles is something like 50% of a closer moving forward. 

Agree with this. That being said, I’m back in the Hansel Robles business. Fool me once, something something something.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, meh2 said:

Agree with this. That being said, I’m back in the Hansel Robles business. Fool me once, something something something.

Are we getting 2019 Hansel? His walk rate this year is still a lot like 2020 (>5.5)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Are we getting 2019 Hansel? His walk rate this year is still a lot like 2020 (>5.5)

Nobody knows for sure right now, but in save starved leagues you don’t ask questions..lol

if it doesn’t work out, oh well, it’s not like anyone wasted any kind of draft pick on him 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

yup

i didnt want to believe, but the writing is on the wall

stupid vaccine is going to ruin his season

Vaccine is possible. Rocked my world.  Is there any news about the vaccine giving him issues.

Could be he his age as well.  He is 34.

1 minute ago, TexasBlueMoon said:

And Sims just blew the save

Meanwhile, Antone pitched a clean 8/9, picking up 3 strikeouts without letting anyone on. I mean...he has to be next man up if they want to start winning games, right?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, TexasBlueMoon said:

Sims in for the Reds save chance in the 11th

It wasn’t a save chance. Sims started the 10th when the game was tied.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

Chatwood in Toronto looks amazing, any way he gets saves opps soon

Nice tout.  I think Romano is the guy and he looks like he'll continue to be the guy.  He also seems meltdown proof, as in he'll keep the job.  Merryweather is also a big obstacle if he comes back.   

12 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Nice tout.  I think Romano is the guy and he looks like he'll continue to be the guy.  He also seems meltdown proof, as in he'll keep the job.  Merryweather is also a big obstacle if he comes back.   

Yeah I see that

In my deeper leagues I have Chatwood rostered and honestly love the ratios no matter what happens. Kinda like rostering Antone

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Don't forget about Dolis. Dolis had looked to be the guy Montoyo liked the most in the 9th, until his recent IL stint.  He's due to come off on the 19th and could be put right back at the front of the saves line.

Some were looking for some clarity on the Robles save yesterday. He was warming up when they were down, and then was warm and only one ready when they took the lead. Possibly still behind Rogers and even Colome. Might have been a fluke opportunity. From Fangraphs:

Hansel Robles, MIN | RosterResource

Robles began warming in the pen in the bottom of the eighth with the Twins down by two. The Athletics brought in Jake Diekman to get the final out in the frame with two runners on and he was greeted by Miguel Sanó, who promptly crushed a three-run homer to take the lead. Robles was then thrust into a close situation. Robles gave up a one-out double to Chad Pinder, but eventually struck out Jed Lowrie and got the final out on a Sean Murphy groundout. Taylor Rogers hasn’t really cemented himself into the closer role and Alex Colomé has shown signs of a rebound going scoreless in his last six innings. It’s looking like a committee is developing in Minnesota.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, 89Topps said:

7 saves, a K per inning and a 1.06 ERA is unimpressive?

Tough crowd, I guess.

? Is that really your response to me saying this thread is to identify situations like this (Karinchak breathing down Clase’s neck). Cherry picking good stats from bad and pretending I meant unimpressive all season?