NBC Sports Edge Forums

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

I’m not sure what your point is in quoting me like I’m fickle about him this year... However, I think it’s bad taste to just quote anyone saying good things vs. people saying bad things and group them together to make your point.

I wasn’t grouping you with others. I was just picking out a random post from a week ago when everyone was calling Clase a hero. 

I do happen to think it’s comical to compare Clase to Mariano Rivera. If you were to decide to retract that comparison, I wouldn’t call it “swaying with the wind” or w/e. I would just call it acknowledging the obvious as well as a bit of overexuberance. It happens. 

No need to take offense. You weren’t the only guy who got a little too excited. My point wasn’t about you personally. More about this thread. I was actually responding to the other guy who was wondering why anyone would even think to question the Cleveland closer situation, Clase, Karinchak, etc. 

Edited by Fiveohnine
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

On 5/15/2021 at 9:47 AM, SpartyOn4 said:

Karinchak is their best RP and it isn’t that close. He might be the best RP in baseball.

Aroldis Chapman’s on line 2. He’d like a word with you…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

? Is that really your response to me saying this thread is to identify situations like this (Karinchak breathing down Clase’s neck). Cherry picking good stats from bad and pretending I meant unimpressive all season?

That’s my response to you saying he’s been unimpressive, yes.

And Ks, saves and ERA is “cherry picking” stats in a closer thread?

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

That’s my response to you saying he’s been unimpressive, yes.

And Ks, saves and ERA is “cherry picking” stats in a closer thread?

Ok. So yes. You chose not to respond to the point. The purpose of this thread is in fact what you were objecting to: posts identifying situations where the guy with the job (Clase) may be replaced by a better pitcher in that bullpen (Karinchak). 

Edited by Fiveohnine
1 minute ago, Fiveohnine said:

Ok. So yes. You chose not to respond to the point. The purpose of this thread is in fact what you were objecting to: posts identifying situations where the guy with the job (Clase) may be replaced by a better pitcher in that bullpen (Karinchak). 

And you responded to my post that was simply joking about how negative people have been on a guy who has had a really good season thus far.

At this point, I’m letting this discussion go. I don’t have any Clase or Karinchak shares, so I don’t honestly care what happens there. Just thought the thread was kind of funny. Didn’t realize it would turn into a multi post debate.

2 minutes ago, ZMan17 said:

What happened with Jordan Romano in the 9th today? Randomly taken out...injury??

Trainer came in to look at him but he stayed in. Looked like he wasn’t himself after and Montoyo took him out. Wouldn’t surprise me if his ulnar nerve issue was acting up.

16 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Trainer came in to look at him but he stayed in. Looked like he wasn’t himself after and Montoyo took him out. Wouldn’t surprise me if his ulnar nerve issue was acting up.

I feel like after all of this, they're just going to go back to Dolis this week.

I think even if Romano was healthy/good they'd still go back to Dolis. He's been rock solid for them in that role.

with Matheny going to Staumont the last two games in the 9th in non-save situations, he brings in Wade Davis for a save, who promptly blows it.  good news for staumont all things considered. 

• Like 1

I mean Rogers should be owned right now but fair warning McGee did pitch back to back games 13th/14th.  Granted he pitched poorly but there's at least a chance this was going to be a day off regardless/

the only thing that gives me pause on immediately picking up Rogers is that last time Kapler said "Rogers is going to get more save opps" about a week ago, McGee ran off like 3 straight saves and Rogers was put back into the 8th.  And like @Baur10 said, McGee had pitched the last 2 games and 4 of the last 5 games, so could have been a scheduled day off for McGee.

Dolis probably goes right back into the closer's role, but he hasn't exactly been an elite arm this year. Tyler Chatwood might be inching closer to running with the ninth inning job. Of course there's always Merryweather coming back at some point to add some cloudiness, but he didn't have the job long enough to immediately reclaim it if someone else can dominate.

6 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Dolis probably goes right back into the closer's role, but he hasn't exactly been an elite arm this year. Tyler Chatwood might be inching closer to running with the ninth inning job. Of course there's always Merryweather coming back at some point to add some cloudiness, but he didn't have the job long enough to immediately reclaim it if someone else can dominate.

Rich Rodriguez would be ideal landing spot if this team wants to get to the playoffs

Coloma any closer in taking the 9th back…maybe the pitching coach messed him and Maeda up?