NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Is Clase on shaky grounds in Cleveland?  

DEAR GOD Dude, just scroll back over the last 3 days of this topic, literally 90% of the posts during that time is about the Cleveland pen...SMH

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, murraygd13 said:

And he walks the first guy, HBP actually. But it was ball four anyways

And then he's late covering first base

Robles with the save today for the Twins. Are we bumping him ahead of Tay. Rogers on the "guy to own" chart? I'm thinking yes because manager's typically don't like to have lefty closers. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Robles with the save today for the Twins. Are we bumping him ahead of Tay. Rogers on the "guy to own" chart? I'm thinking yes because manager's typically don't like to have lefty closers. 

Scratch that. I meant save "yesterday" for Robles. The Twins lost today...but Rogers did pitch the 9th.

23 hours ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Rogers was warming and ready in the pen for most of the 9th while Robles was pitching. Robles allowed just the one hit, and I imagine Rogers would have been in if Robles had allowed a second baserunner. It's also worth noting that Robles faced the bottom of the order in the 9th. 

Rogers is clearly the best arm in the pen and will be utilized in the highest leverage situations which may or may not come in the 9th inning. My best guess is that Robles is something like 50% of a closer moving forward. 

This was my initial thought, and I play in saves + holds league, so it seemed like Rogers was CLEARLY the better RP then I looked at the numbers. He's given up 5 runs in his last 5+IP. It's possibly just a rough stretch, but it's definitely causing me to consider rostering Robles over him. 

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

As usual over the years, just avoid the rox closer situations 🤣🤣

just dumped givens....wtf

• Like 1

Antone gave up a double and a single but got out of the inning unscathed. Not exactly a display of domination, but he at least managed to close things out. Gotta think he'll get the next one as well.

Posted (edited)

Francona either wants to get Clase work or he's been removed from the closer role.

Maybe both.

Edited by Overlord

I'm guessing both.   I do think he'll mix and match, but Karinchak has always been the best pitcher in that pen and it seems hard to avoid him closing now, even if it's not a 100% gig.

So looks like Clase's ride as undeserved closer has finally come to an end. If you're looking for saves only I think you can go ahead and drop.

Despite the two walks that was actually one of Clase's best innings this season imo. His misses were a lot closer (and a handful of them were just missed calls by barksdale who has been awful today). You can tell he pitches better with less pressure. I think at this point in his young career he just doesn't quite have the mental makeup to fully handle the stress of the ninth inning. Will be watching him throughout the season still as his potential ceiling is obviously still very high.

• Haha 4