NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

So looks like Clase's ride as undeserved closer has finally come to an end. If you're looking for saves only I think you can go ahead and drop.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a0cac3534379d2374a

**I think going ahead and dropping Clase right now based on his one non-save appearance (and his performance therein) is probably a good idea if you're in an eight team league and you already have five other closers rostered.  Otherwise you might want to wait a week or so and see how things play out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

Anyone preparing the casket and tombstone for Clase is obviously not too familiar with Tito’s history with closers. It’s going to take a lot more to get him to move on from Clase.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Yimi with a save. Couple loud outs and a seeing eye single. 

Why do people not like him?

That's a good question.  I had him as the foregone conclusion as closer coming into this year and he's pretty darned dependable.  Maybe it's cause he just doesn't have that one flashy wipeout pitch that attracts attention. 

35 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Yimi with a save. Couple loud outs and a seeing eye single. 

Why do people not like him?

Basically a K per inning without a dominant pitch. Plays on a bad team and people take that too much into account. 

30 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

Basically a K per inning without a dominant pitch. Plays on a bad team and people take that too much into account. 

Miami’s guy a pretty solid pitching staff, possibly even better when Sixto comes back. Figure any wins they do get will likely be close.

3 hours ago, Overlord said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a0cac3534379d2374a

**I think going ahead and dropping Clase right now based on his one non-save appearance (and his performance therein) is probably a good idea if you're in an eight team league and you already have five other closers rostered.  Otherwise you might want to wait a week or so and see how things play out. 

I guess maybe it wasn't clear and I see now how I could have came off as a typically salty karinchak owner but I've owned Clase for pretty much the whole season and I love the guy but am just trying to be a realist. If you're in a deep league definitely might as well hold for the next few days to see how it shakes out but in my 12 teamer with short benches theres a ton of talent on the wire and I always find it important to not hold on to losing tickets for too long.

Coming in in the 8th inning in a losing game seems very telling to me that he has lost his grip on the closer role. Which I don't think should be surprising to anyone who has been following this situation closely, Karinchak has been pitching brilliantly and is probably the best reliever in baseball not named Aroldis. 

I am so over Romano.  Waste of roster spot.  Always hurt.  He can be cut.

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Where are you getting this fake news?

Update from #BlueJays Charlie Montoyo:
- Checked on Jordan Romano because he "didn't look normal" but is "fine"

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rotoguy74 said:

Is Colome totally out of the picture?

I don’t believe so. I’m a Rogers owner, but Robles’ save seemed to be more strange circumstance. I think there’s a chance Colome gets next save opp. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ZMan17 said:

Will Antone finally be closer for the Reds now, or was yesterday's save an abberation?

Who knows - here's about all I can tell you with the Reds closing situation:  It isn't Garrett.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Is it Chatwood time in Toronto?

I've heard a couple of pundits mention him as the guy that should be given a shot at the job.  I went to go look at his numbers and they do fit the profile.  He's having a very good season in their pen.

10 hours ago, B&F said:

hes hurt???

49 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Chatwood has the stuff to take the role is Romano is hurt but isn't Dolis expected back this week?

Looks like Dolis is back tomorrow. He's not exciting but he also didn't do anything to lose the closer job other than get hurt. I bet they put him back there. 

• Like 1

There was a little discussion of the Tigers, but curious what people are thinking there.

Soto has been ok, little shaky.

Fullmer is probably the better arm.

Anyone know if Detroit prefers to keep their best guy in a high leverage role, or if they tend to put their best in the 9th?

1 hour ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Looks like Dolis is back tomorrow. He's not exciting but he also didn't do anything to lose the closer job other than get hurt. I bet they put him back there. 

Thanks for posting this - Dolis was available on our WW, in a hard to find saves league.  I had Montero and that guy has been a hot dumpster fire.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ZMan17 said:

Will Antone finally be closer for the Reds now, or was yesterday's save an abberation?

Sims may not have been available since he threw two innings the day before (though I know, so did Antone), so it's hard to say. Most sites seem to think it's some combo of Antone and Sims. I suspect from watching them a good bit that they like using Antone as a multi-inning guy to get it to the ninth with a lead, then give it to Sims. But Antone would get the occasional appearance at the end instead if the starter goes deep enough. And Sims hasn't exactly nailed down the ninth when he's gotten the chance yet. And, bottom line, Antone converted it yesterday, though it was a bit shaky after pitching two innings the night before. But converting it might weigh in their minds. So, like I said, probably one of those two, but it's still cloudy after Antone's save yesterday. 

Edited by Caelum
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, jdizzle said:

Where are you getting this fake news?

Update from #BlueJays Charlie Montoyo:
- Checked on Jordan Romano because he "didn't look normal" but is "fine"

As any Jays fan on this board can attest to, Montoyo has been blowing smoke out of his a** all year when it comes to injuries…he has literally downplayed every injury this season, from Springer to Ryu to the bullpen, only for that player to hit the IL.

• Like 1