NBC Sports Edge Forums

55 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

No. Romano is who they like most if you watch them. Dolis will still get chances 

I think Montoyo prefers Romano as a fireman.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

McGee it is. Buckle up.

That was pleasantly uneventful. Facing Barnhart Blandino and Stephenson helps

Edited by itaos
3 minutes ago, Whizzinator said:

Colome in for 7th inning down 4-2.   While he might work his way back into the picture, he isn't in it right now it seems

By the time Colome works his way back into the closer role..if he does...the Twins will be in selling mode.  Colome, Robles will probably both be gone in June/July.  I'd probably just grab Rogers and hope he rolls with it...of course he could be gone with a decent trade offer.

10 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

I am in the minority but I like Dolis

You shouldn’t be the minority. The ones used as closer when two or more are healthy have been Merryweather and Dolis. No question Romano is probably the most talented, but they clearly want to use him as a fireman.

• Like 1

Francona used Clase a bunch last week and Karinchak barely pitched. I have a feeling this was workload more than anything. I suspect it'll kind of be a timeshare between the two all year.

2 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

Francona used Clase a bunch last week and Karinchak barely pitched. I have a feeling this was workload more than anything. I suspect it'll kind of be a timeshare between the two all year.

I think until Clase shows he can keep his cool francona won’t put him out there. At least not in one run games.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I think until Clase shows he can keep his cool francona won’t put him out there. At least not in one run games.

I don't think a manager is going to abandon a guy with a 1.00 ERA as a closer this early. I think he wanted to give Karinchak work

13 minutes ago, BuraddoRun said:

Karinchak closes the Cleveland game. As a Clase owner, I'm salty.

Clase couldn't hold the job even thou he got many chances to do so. Mentally he is not ready for the 9th yet I guess.  Every time he pitched it was drama.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clase could win the job back with some good clean  7th and 8th innings setting up Karnachek for a while BUT  I doubt they let him keep pitching the 9th innings till they get his head straight. Drama is not what you want from your 9th inning guy