NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 May Closer Thread

58 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Bard does the unthinkable: a 1-2-3 inning. Bottom 9 of a tie.

He rethought it in the 10th

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, FearTheHawk said:

I don't think a manager is going to abandon a guy with a 1.00 ERA as a closer this early. I think he wanted to give Karinchak work

I see your ERA and raise you WHIP and recent Fernando Rodney-like appearances.

I love Clase and own him everywhere but Karinchak looks sooooo much more dominant. 

• Like 2

[ Posts removed. Most people play in 5x5 where saves account for roughly 10% of your team's standings points. If your format is significantly different from that, then your valuations for add/drop purposes a ren't very useful to anyone else. ] 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, straightfire118 said:

Uh oh Fairbanks save and Clase in the 8th, changing of the guard perhaps???

I think so, the Clase ride was fun while it lasted.

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

Clase warming up to come in in the 8th. Karinchak up getting loose just walking around. Writing is on the wall fellas, we had a good ride with Clase

Then he just goes into the 8th inning today and gets 3 easy no drama outs on 8 pitches easy peasy. Its mental with Clase cause his stuff is filthy if he gets his head right stop throwing to many  balls out of the zone. He could be back at closer sometime again even this yr. I stashing him for  a while  see what happens

Just now, mks said:

Then he just goes into the 8th inning today and gets 3 easy no drama outs on 8 pitches easy peasy. Its mental with Clase cause his stuff is filthy if he gets his head right stop throwing to many  balls out of the zone. He could be back at closer sometime again even this yr. I stashing him for  a while  see what happens

He got one of the luckiest outs ever when fat old kurt suzuki got thrown out at 2nd on a single to the right fielder...

But yes definitely more mental with him I think, but regardless of mental ability I think Karinchak still has far better stuff dude is just wayyy too nasty 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

He got one of the luckiest outs ever when fat old kurt suzuki got thrown out at 2nd on a single to the right fielder...

But yes definitely more mental with him I think, but regardless of mental ability I think Karinchak still has far better stuff dude is just wayyy too nasty 

Considering the unlucky breaks he got a few times earlier when his fielders made bonehead errors that cost him a few saves he needs a little change in luck

• Like 1

The problem with the tigers is that you are using 2 position spots to try to get the closer on a terrible team. While waiting around for sparce save opportunities, you face the risk of either soto or fullmer imploding.  So you need lots of patience, hold 2 roster spots and deal with 2 high risk pitchers.  Only if you are desperate for saves.

• Like 1