NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

On 5/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, GeorgeCostanza said:

yup

i didnt want to believe, but the writing is on the wall

stupid vaccine is going to ruin his season

McGee 8 pitches yesterday and Rogers 22. I pray McGee gets the oppo today if one presents itself.   I can't change McGee anyways in weekly so he might has well get a vulture win or ligit save oppo. I still hope its the vaccine thing and they giving him a small  break from the role.

8 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

The problem with the tigers is that you are using 2 position spots to try to get the closer on a terrible team. While waiting around for sparce save opportunities, you face the risk of either soto or fullmer imploding.  So you need lots of patience, hold 2 roster spots and deal with 2 high risk pitchers.  Only if you are desperate for saves.

Why are you using two positions spots? I'm carrying Fulmer in one spot and getting the saves I can get from him in a league where pretty much every guy who could get saves is rostered. As far as him imploding, that's a risk you take with any RP, so that's neither here nor there for me. So sure, need patience...but don't need to hold two rosters spots or deal with two high-risk pitchers. I'm not even convinced Fulmer is a high-risk RP right now. As an RP thus far, he has a 2.00 ERA and 0.94 WHIP in 18 innings, 22 Ks and 3 walks. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Why are you using two positions spots? I'm carrying Fulmer in one spot and getting the saves I can get from him in a league where pretty much every guy who could get saves is rostered. As far as him imploding, that's a risk you take with any RP, so that's neither here nor there for me. So sure, need patience...but don't need to hold two rosters spots or deal with two high-risk pitchers. I'm not even convinced Fulmer is a high-risk RP right now. As an RP thus far, he has a 2.00 ERA and 0.94 WHIP in 18 innings, 22 Ks and 3 walks. 

He’s assuming you would “handcuff” the other guy (Soto), to monopolize all of DET svop.  Idk what type of league affords you the bench space to carry two marginally valuable RP’s who might earn 12-18 SV a piece, but will assume it must be a deep(ish) league where that advice has merit. 

1 minute ago, 80version said:

He’s assuming you would “handcuff” the other guy (Soto), to monopolize all of DET svop.  Idk what type of league affords you the bench space to carry two marginally valuable RP’s who might earn 12-18 SV a piece, but will assume it must be a deep(ish) league where that advice has merit. 

Maybe so. I'm in a couple of fairly deep leagues (12tm, 30-man, daily, with a seasonal IP limit...14tm, 28-man, weekly), so it wouldn't be surprising to see someone carrying both in the 12-team. But I don't feel like I "need" to, as he suggested. 

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

Any idea why Pressly only pitched a third of an inning?

They scored a couple runs in the top of the 9th to extend the lead to 5.

3 minutes ago, BradMaddox said:

I guess that settles it. Stupid. Romano has the better talent

Don’t know how many times it has to be stated that the most talented RP doesn’t always end up as the “closer”. 

If Robles is hitting 99 he could keep that gig.

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Don’t know how many times it has to be stated that the most talented RP doesn’t always end up as the “closer”. 

Anddddd this is what happens.